I've read Dune. I saw Dune, last night.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
I guarantee he's never read the LOTR books either, despite his gay little tattoo.

He's a complete fraud and poser. Fat too.

PS is dune any good? I have it downloaded but the director's last two movies have been steaming piles of shit so I'm not sure I can be bothered watching it.

I guarantee he's never read the LOTR books either, despite his gay little tattoo.

He's a complete fraud and poser. Fat too.

PS is dune any good? I have it downloaded but the director's last two movies have been steaming piles of shit so I'm not sure I can be bothered watching it.
Dune is one of my favorite books, certainly my favorite sci-fi book. The movie is ok and that's about it. I didn't realize it was only going to be part I.

Nick_Carpinelli

PFG-ciple
Frank Herbert's son wrote multiple books set in the Dune universe for a cash grab with a co-author known for doing Star Wars and X Files fan fiction. They have none of the complex world building or characterization of the originals but they do have plenty of plot holes and robots going pew pew. I could see Rick enjoying these but he would likely find the originals too boring.

Personally, I like God Emperor of Dune best out of the original books by Frank. I am also a fan of his non-Dune writings. Frank is a real author and everything Rick Thompson wishes he could be.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
He's also a slow painter. He'd been working on that model for years.
1635087516564.jpeg

Easily_Remembered

It's not REALLY Ray Wilson
Patrick is not a reader. That picture of his den showed a shelf of books with perfect, never bent spines. Bought, and immediately shelved.

Patrick knows even less about comic books. He never read them as an adolescent, and doesn't read them now. Nary a hint of comic book presence could be detected in his half hovel.

Patrick forms his opinions on books, comics and related media based solely upon which direction the narrative is taking on Twitter. His desperation to feel that acceptance and popularity that eluded him in high school will prevent him from ever forging his own identity. He's a conformist and a populist to his core.

He's also on the hefty side.

Clint Ruin

I'm sorry, who are you?
Dune is probably my favorite book, and they dumbed this movie way, way down for general audiences. Apparently for good reason, since I still see a lot of people confused and having trouble following it. They glossed over a ton of important shit, a lot of things that were significant parts of the book have been relegated to one-line wink-at-the-fans Easter egg lines. Characters that played a pivotal role originally get two scenes and maybe three lines of dialog. The fact that they keep marketing it as the next Star Wars tells you all you need to know, they took a deep, intricate story and removed anything intelligent about it to try to market it to a whole lot of dumb mother fuckers. The fact that Rick claims to be such a big fan and still states that the film is perfect is very on-brand with Rick, he's a fan because he knows the sci-fi community loves Dune, anything to be on board with the next mainstream thing.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Read the first book in the Dune series, but ages ago. Then later watched the 84 movie. Honestly for how bizarre it was, it was pretty great. David Lynch made some large changes to the plot but mostly they worked (not the cat milking). the performances were over the top but it worked. Honestly I wasn't that excited about the new movie because I figured they'd make the Opposite of 84 Dune. Instead of a really unique, creative take on it that david lynch brought, they'd make it more by the numbers, boring, and ultimately pointless.

"Send in that fat floating man, Rick Tomlinson"