I've never had a sandwich

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
The torta cubana just hits different, child.

1661578363823.jpeg

The sandwich is literally named after an Englishman. I would guess op is some kind of Scandinavian, they love their "open" sandwiches.

Yep I'm Scandinavian.

How would you people recommend making a sandwich with two slices? Preferably nothing too complicated.

Edit - Now that I think about it, I've had Subway a couple of times. But that was terrible.

G

Yep I'm Scandinavian.

How would you people recommend making a sandwich with two slices? Preferably nothing too complicated.
Get a nice smoked ham and cut one thick piece. Two slices of a nice white farmhouse tin loaf (chewy crusts, soft middle.) Butter one side, put Colman's English mustard on the other. Put ham on one side, apply other slice of bread on top. Open mouth, bite, chew, swallow, repeat.

Get a nice smoked ham and cut one thick piece. Two slices of a nice white farmhouse tin loaf (chewy crusts, soft middle.) Butter one side, put Colman's English mustard on the other. Put ham on one side, apply other slice of bread on top. Open mouth, bite, chew, swallow, repeat.

Sounds wholesome enough. I'll try making something like that.

Cheese and Branston pickle
Back bacon, tomato and mayonaisse
Tuna mayonnaise and cucumber (Tuna, mayo, bit of lee and perrins and tobasco for the umami, black pepper, salt. Olives or sweetcorn optional)

Philly Cheesestakes can go teabag themselves.

chocolatehellhole

Pay attention to how nervous I am
Cheese and Branston pickle
Back bacon, tomato and mayonaisse
Tuna mayonnaise and cucumber (Tuna, mayo, bit of lee and perrins and tobasco for the umami, black pepper, salt. Olives or sweetcorn optional)
these sound like snacks sam's father would enjoy (opie and anthony ref, dan)

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
Fawk WWAW El Gallo Giro? Used to get that all the time in college. That dude whose daughter was killed by an illegal immigrant was right. Sure if we closed the border his child would not have been violently murdered, but who wants to live in a world without delicious food?
Hoooo! That place is legendary, child. The tortas there slap. The church I play at is down the street from there so I drop in on my way home sometimes. There used to be a record store in the corner of that strip mall that had a Ticketmaster that my buddies and I used to line up at at 3am to buy concert tickets back in the 90s (can’t believe our parents let us do that at 13 years old). Fun fact, my friend is good friends with Steve Shelley, the drummer of Sonic Youth, and he asks us to take him there any time he’s in town from NYC.

Last edited:

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Best sandwich I ever had was a steak sandwich. Instead of the steak being cut up it was whole, in between two slices of buttered Turkish bread.

Because this is adjacent to sandwiches: few weeks ago I went to a Jewish bakery/cafe and paid $20 for a coffee and a bagel with bacon and egg. Total rip-off - shocker - but the way the bagel soaks up the grease is delicious. I guess it's a good cheat meal because I didn't eat dinner that night.