Is Louie still funny? W/ Ant and Kevin Brennan

AWetBlanket

β€Ž
β€Ž
I hate that I COMPLETELY agree with Kevin. Louie was his best right when he came back. That first leaked set was fantastic...now hes an "artist" again.
I’d say Louie was at his best in 2008-09. Bitter, on the cusp of divorce Louie was so fucking funny. Chewed Up is my favorite comedy special of all time.

But I get what you mean. That leaked set in early 2019 was a real return to form. It sucks that everything he does now is under a microscope and he’ll always have to tread lightly but I still think whatever he puts it out is a cut above most standup specials today.

Maybe that’s more an indictment on modern day standup but whatever. Louie Louie Louie louieeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
β€Ž
β€Ž
No one aside from the most desperate F-list hacks are going to be caught dead anywhere near the prancing, mincing, nigger-tweeting bottom queen. The days of Nana hanging out with legit working comedians are just fading memories now. And soon, once the dementia starts eating what's left of his brain, no one will remember it at all.
And on top of that if Anthony moves out of NYC he becomes even more obscure. You might invite Anthony to a gig out of convenience when he has a studio in Manhattan and is close to whatever theater or club you are playing. But if Anthony ever leaves NYC he will be out of sight and out of mind for the entire comedy scene. He won't even be able to crash their benefit parties and get thrown out anymore without a flight and a cab ride.