Iron Maiden stinks

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
The next four records have their moments
I'll give them Powerslave and Somewhere In Time, but the rest is shit with a decent song here and there.

What I don't get about Maiden fans is: if the first two albums are great (but with a shit singer, maybe), then how do you not consider the following two albums shit (with Dickinson being a better but more cartoon-y vocalist)? Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind stink.

I'll give them Powerslave and Somewhere In Time, but the rest is shit with a decent song here and there.

What I don't get about Maiden fans is: if the first two albums are great (but with a shit singer, maybe), then how do you not consider the following two albums shit (with Dickinson being a better but more cartoon-y vocalist)? Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind stink.
I thought Di'Anno was better. Dickinson can be really grating sometimes. Yeah, he's a better performer, he's a pilot, he's a bullfighter or whatever, but he often sounds like he's just plain trying too hard. It doesn't sound organic in the way that guys like Halford and Brian Johnson do. To me, he's like a heavy metal Sammy Hagar, sort of.

But the overly long songs are just terrible. I've seen them a couple of times, and it would have been way more fun if they just played the first two or three minutes of every song, then started another one. You're just sitting there DYING for every song to finally end.

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
I thought Di'Anno was better. Dickinson can be really grating sometimes. Yeah, he's a better performer, he's a pilot, he's a bullfighter or whatever, but he often sounds like he's just plain trying too hard. It doesn't sound organic in the way that guys like Halford and Brian Johnson do. To me, he's like a heavy metal Sammy Hagar, sort of.
The fact that Maiden surpassed Priest in popularity is ridiculous and sums up heavy metal fandom pretty well.

Bruce reminds me of Freddie Mercury in the sense that the music would be decent if not for the operatic dramatic gay vocals.

The fact that Maiden surpassed Priest in popularity is ridiculous and sums up heavy metal fandom pretty well.

Bruce reminds me of Freddie Mercury in the sense that the music would be decent if not for the operatic dramatic gay vocals.
"To Tame A Land" is a tune that describes Dickinson era Maiden perfectly. A cool intro that leads into a scorching riff, with Dickinson ridiculously babbling about the plot of "Dune" over it. Then, for no reason, there's a lengthy, repetitive break (that they apparently stole from another band but that's a whole different story), and it kills the whole vibe. It often seems like they try really hard to let everyone know how intelligent they are, but no one cares. Unlike Priest, who keep it simple.

chewtoycock

He poisons himself and expects the world to die.
If you don't have Powerslave in rotation you are a fag.

When I was in middle school i played some little school event (basically a talent show) where some of us from band played metal and aces high was one of the songs we played. A string broke about a minute in and I basically made the whole song shit for everyone trying to improvise and fake it and none of them would give me any slack for it. I fucking hate that song now.

JamieConway

Still Serchin' 4 Da Truf
I saw them 10 years ago on one of the hottest nights of the year. I was waiting for satan to show up during this song.