In The Black was published October 13, 2020

G

Patrick did not publish a book in 2021. Patrick has nothing in the can for 2022. He said he expects his current WiP to be ready for Christmas... 2023.

I'm not an expert on writing but do most "professional" authors wait 3+ years between publishing books?

Screenshot_20220303-083741_Chrome.jpg

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
I was curious myself so I looked around. I usually only read political books so it’s not a great comparison but, sometimes there’s some fairly large gaps. Those gaps are usually because it’s longer novel coming out. Something tells me a half stolen, half researched, tiny Tim story shouldn’t take more than 6 months.

It's also worth mentioning that he finished writing In The Black in March of 2020. It wasn't published until October because of editing, publishing time, and COVID. So it's been two full years since he finished a book despite:
  • Not having a job
  • A global pandemic shutting everything down and giving him all the time in the world to write
He literally does nothing all day but is still so lazy that he can't even crap out one of his awful books in two full years. Even writing just a page a day would have given him two 350+ page books. I have a friend who has a full time job but still managed to crank out two books since the start of the pandemic (self-published, but still) and is deep into a third. What in the world is Pat doing?

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
I'm not an expert on writing but do most "professional" authors wait 3+ years between publishing books?
I think William Gibson takes two-three years in between his books; but he writes really good books, and there's often a fair bit of research behind them.

Pat's problem is that he writes really shit books; so even though he's written a bunch of stuff over the break - I think he half-finished the sequel to "In The Black", he's rehashed that story he wrote for the Scientologists into a screen play and later half a book (a clear sign that he's out of ideas) - but unfortunately no-one's buying dogshit at the moment.

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
Stephen King, pedo creep, has released 2 books in the time since Into The Back came out with a third soon to release. Many smaller authors try to keep a steady and regular pace because competition is fierce and there's always somebody hungrier and cheaper and more original. And the case of Patrick, there's alot of people with less baggage.

Most of Pat's tier, folks writing mass market and trade genre stuff, are trying to crank stuff out in any way they can to get more work since it doesn't pay well. Media Tie in books, short stories, contributions to anthologies. Anything. You can actually see Patrick trying this in his early days. It helps. People see your work and it can lead to opportunities.

Fatty apparently has in his tiny mind that he doesn't need to do any of this because he's such a big star now and is stuck working on full length, original books that the market has already said they don't want.

Stephen King, pedo creep, has released 2 books in the time since Into The Back came out with a third soon to release. Many smaller authors try to keep a steady and regular pace because competition is fierce and there's always somebody hungrier and cheaper and more original. And the case of Patrick, there's alot of people with less baggage.

Most of Pat's tier, folks writing mass market and trade genre stuff, are trying to crank stuff out in any way they can to get more work since it doesn't pay well. Media Tie in books, short stories, contributions to anthologies. Anything. You can actually see Patrick trying this in his early days. It helps. People see your work and it can lead to opportunities.

Fatty apparently has in his tiny mind that he doesn't need to do any of this because he's such a big star now and is stuck working on full length, original books that the market has already said they don't want.

222323333232.png

2224543222.png

Attachments

• 2224543222.png
    2224543222.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 1

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
Sanderson is a great example. Guy publishes fairly nonstop and has a huge fan base. He's in the same genre space as Fat is. He's however a very good writer, of what I've read of his. He did as good a job as could be done with ending Wheel of Time for instance.

Patrick thinks he's on this level but he's much closer to the self published tier at this point. If he had intelligence bigger than his ego he'd realize this and be writing like a madman trying to get momentum going again. Instead he wants to be paid in Twitter likes apparently.

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
Reminder: Patrick's last book deal consisted of 2 incomplete series that will never be finished because of how incredibly unpopular (& gay) they are. GateCrashers/Starship Repo is supposed to be a trilogy and In The Black is supposed to have a sequel. Is this something that happens to highly successful authors, Patrick? Multiple cliffhangers with no closure?

Get a fucking job.

It makes me rock hard to know that when Pat does finally manage to crank out a full book later this year, it's going to be his stupid fucking Tiny Tim book, which is the least appealing idea on earth. If he's not already a laughing stock in publishing circles, he's going to be once that shit starts making the rounds. They're going to be passing it around like mad, laughing at how stupid it is. What the fuck is he thinking with this dogshit.

SensibleKeks

Pat started writing In the Black back in 2017. Neither his publisher (at the time, since then he's unemployed) or agent wanted anything to do with it. A few years later he owed his publisher one last book after Gate Crashers and Starship Repo failed to sell. In the Black was rewritten to include a covid pandemic subplot because he is a boring hack without an ounce of originality. The publisher made him compare it to Hunt for Red October to try and sell books by riding off of the coattails of Tom Clancy's rotting corpse.

I read most of this shit book to find laughs and its a mess with 4-5 different subplots going on. It's like that game where a group of people write a story one after another. There's no connectivity and the story goes off the rails pretty quickly.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
He literally does nothing all day but is still so lazy that he can't even crap out one of his awful books in two full years. Even writing just a page a day would have given him two 350+ page books.

Bzzzz. Wrong, child. I spend my days writing incredibly important tweets that affect global policy and sway the opinions of millions. I also get paid handsomely to do this.

I'm sorry you're stupid. I can't help you.