I’m going boomer about this one thing, why can’t you just call companies or turn up in person to buy things? Online portals are pure fucking aids.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I went through the same thing with an eager young women on the phone, then when I got there, the appointment was made for the wrong time, was told it would only take an hour (three and a half fucking hours), and they wouldn't even answer the phone when I called to check on the status of THE FUCKING OIL CHANGE! I finally had to call the sales department - shocker; they picked up the phone right away - and have some kid literally walk down to the service department and tell them to pick up my call. Fuck that. Keep the hot chocolate and the bullshit fixer-upper TV marathon. The last mechanic I had used to offer me two fingers of cheap whiskey and shoot-the-shit with me when I dropped the car off. THAT'S fucking service.

In situations like that, I don’t even want them to do it faster or anything, I just want some honesty.

“Hey, sorry - we’ve had some issues today so it’s looking like it will take 4 hours or more, there’s only one guy working on 5 cars” or whatever it is.

You’d have to be a real dickhead to get angry at that, some people do, and they probably ruin it for everyone else. I don’t expect people to be like robots who work flawlessly each and every day. I just want some real human interactions that productively fix things.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
They’re a dying breed, though, if you know a good *insert any trade skill* guy like that, it’s like gold dust.
Yeah, no shit. My parents' lawn guy just retired and sold his business to some lazy faggot who stopped coming on their scheduled days and just shows up whenever, only to find the gate locked. He'll do their front yard and leave them a note that he couldn't get to the back and still leave them a full priced bill. They told him to knock it off, then he raised his rates "for the summer since the grass grows faster and I have to come more." Fucking guy stinks. They found a couple of nice spics now who show up on time, don't talk, and get the job done in half the time.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Yeah, no shit. My parents' lawn guy just retired and sold his business to some lazy faggot who stopped coming on their scheduled days and just shows up whenever, only to find the gate locked. He'll do their front yard and leave them a note that he couldn't get to the back and still leave them a full priced bill. They told him to knock it off, then he raised his rates "for the summer since the grass grows faster and I have to come more." Fucking guy stinks. They found a couple of nice spics now who show up on time, don't talk, and get the job done in half the time.

I pay a lawn guy for my parents place that my sister Iives in.

He’s started charging outrageous prices to do basically nothing, I went round to tell him we don’t need him anymore and I would be doing it myself. When he opened the door he had a giant tumour on his head, with a tube to breathe or something, and he said he’s lost his job because of it and this is his only source of income now, I didn’t have the heart to tell him so I’m just paying a ridiculous sum of money.

I dunno what to do about it tbchwy

(He’s a farmer or something and does lawns in the area for a side hustle)

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
I pay a lawn guy for my parents place that my sister Iives in.

He’s started charging outrageous prices to do basically nothing, I went round to tell him we don’t need him anymore and I would be doing it myself. When he opened the door he had a giant tumour on his head, with a tube to breathe or something, and he said he’s lost his job because of it and this is his only source of income now, I didn’t have the heart to tell him so I’m just paying a ridiculous sum of money.

I dunno what to do about it tbchwy

(He’s a farmer or something and does lawns in the area for a side hustle)
I'd have to keep him on and still probably give him a nice envelope for Christmas. Not much you can do about that

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I'd have to keep him on and still probably give him a nice envelope for Christmas. Not much you can do about that

There was a golden period for me, where although I wasn’t wealthy at all, I made enough money where I could live my normal lifestyle without ever worrying about money or looking at the price of anything, if I needed something I just got it.

Now I make a lot more, and I have to start looking at where it’s going, and I live frugally.

It’s super aids.

That kind of sounds like your fault tbh lol

I’m thinking next car I buy, I’m buying an old civic or something. Where I can do most of the basic work myself, and it’s cheap. If it dies, it dies who cares and buy another cash.

These new cars are built like absolute shit, I guess it’s planned obsolescence. Then you factor in all the horrendously expensive parts, electronics. It’s just not worth the headache. The bumper you totalled before would just be putting a new one on and painting it, and some basic lights which cost nothing, now it’s got a network of electronics, sensors, cameras, lights that cost thousands. It’s not better this way. My car has some parking feature and stuff, I will never use it because I don’t trust it, but how much does this stuff cost if you need replacements?

I hate it.
How is that my fault?

You wouldn't fit in a civic.

1719932756424.png

• Mechanics - two places (across street from each other) all white guys who can barely use a point of sale system, booked on phone - all good, they offered to do more work but I said no which was stupid of me because it would have been easier to get it done then
  • Cancelled amazon prime membership after years - plenty of screens to run through before I could do it, utter nightmare, their entire customer service model is best described as 'FUCK YOU' and 'FUCK OFF', good luck if you have a $300 delivery go missing (as I did)
  • NY Times subscription - couple years back cancelled and they kept saying you had to go through an operator, fuck that, I message-spammed them, eventually someone responded (a week or so later after I gave up) with this defeated 'alright, we'll cancel you're account'
  • Tried to buy new phone (is it me, am I wrong to have been on the same cheap provider forever?) - got completely rape-fucked by online/in store and then telephone sales (who laughed in my face as they transferred me around in a loop), gave up in total disgust

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
  • Mechanics - two places (across street from each other) all white guys who can barely use a point of sale system, booked on phone - all good, they offered to do more work but I said no which was stupid of me because it would have been easier to get it done then
  • Cancelled amazon prime membership after years - plenty of screens to run through before I could do it, utter nightmare, their entire customer service model is best described as 'FUCK YOU' and 'FUCK OFF', good luck if you have a $300 delivery go missing (as I did)
  • NY Times subscription - couple years back cancelled and they kept saying you had to go through an operator, fuck that, I message-spammed them, eventually someone responded (a week or so later after I gave up) with this defeated 'alright, we'll cancel you're account'
  • Tried to buy new phone (is it me, am I wrong to have been on the same cheap provider forever?) - got completely rape-fucked by online/in store and then telephone sales (who laughed in my face as they transferred me around in a loop), gave up in total disgust

The business model of shit like compoundmedia was always make it impossible to cancel so they pay it because they can’t be fucked to find a way to cancel it, but now it’s the business model of literally everything - including billion dollar Nasdaq companies.

Nothing is good, it’s all exploitative shit. It’s so tiring.

Racist Google Intern

Please watch the Itchy and Scratchy Friends Hour!
Amazon mother fucked you, usually they are quick to replace that shit.

I just took the newest car into the dealership for scheduled maintenance and I'll never do that again. What a clusterfuck it ended up being. It took them 3 fucking hours to change the oil. The next time I need anything done to the cars, I'm taking them to the mechanic down the street. I don't know what I was thinking taking it to the dealership, I know better than that.
>going to the dealership for maintenance
ngmi
an old civic
lol. lmao

That kind of sounds like your fault tbh lol

I’m thinking next car I buy, I’m buying an old civic or something. Where I can do most of the basic work myself, and it’s cheap. If it dies, it dies who cares and buy another cash.

These new cars are built like absolute shit, I guess it’s planned obsolescence. Then you factor in all the horrendously expensive parts, electronics. It’s just not worth the headache. The bumper you totalled before would just be putting a new one on and painting it, and some basic lights which cost nothing, now it’s got a network of electronics, sensors, cameras, lights that cost thousands. It’s not better this way. My car has some parking feature and stuff, I will never use it because I don’t trust it, but how much does this stuff cost if you need replacements?

I hate it.

I literally couldn't kill my Honda Accord.

Basically, I drove Fords and Nissans and Audis in the 90s. All of them died on me, or got repo'd. So when a car would die, I'd just pull it over to the side of the road, and wait for the city to send me a bill for towing it to a tow yard. The bill was something like $300. Car would get auctioned off, and that was that.

I got an Accord. Changed the oil around five times in 160,000 miles. Eventually I moved to a different state, so I just pulled the same routine. I parked the car in front of my old house, and waited for the city to tow it and auction it off. Car worked perfectly fine. Transmission, motor, everything. I'm not exaggerating here; I never even changed a headlight. The only "expensive" thing I ever did was get new tires. Once. No issues besides that.

MONTHS went by. No notice from the city.

Eventually, I heard it through the grapevine that a distant relative of mine, his Volkswagen shit the bed. So I reached out to him, sent him the keys and signed the title over to him.

For all I know, it might still be running. It's 23 years old.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
It should be fucking illegal in 2024 that you cannot automatically cancel any service online without speaking to some street shitter that is going to offer you a 5% of what you’re currently paying retention offer.