I’m going boomer about this one thing, why can’t you just call companies or turn up in person to buy things? Online portals are pure fucking aids.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I want to book my car in for some work, I can’t just call them anymore. I have to do it online. I do it, it takes the money and never creates the appointment. Now inevitably I have to battle layers of Indians online and in call centres to resolve it.

It’s exhausting. It’s literally everything now. Insurance? Can’t just phone a guy. Banking? Can’t just phone a guy. If it worked, that’s fine, but there’s a 65% chance it doesn’t do what you want and you have to go to war with Indians to fix it.

I know some people are vaccine injured and find talking directly to people gives them anxiety, but those people are homosexuals and should be ashamed of themselves.

A Millennial's Guide to Boomer Humor ...

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
You talk to customer service now and its not even an Indian, its a fucking robot. Most of these places don’t even give you an option to call and ask for help, its all this online portal chatbot shit. FUCKING THING SUCKS!

Yeah, it’s horrendous. Those chat bots just loop round uselessly.

I have an insurance policy that auto renews, and the only way to cancel it is online, and the portal loops around endlessly to dead links. If you just cancel the payment directly from the bank (with more bullshit online nonsense) they then fuck your credit score. There’s nobody in the chain to actually talk to, I feel like even a few years ago something that would take 2 minutes after being connected on the phone, now takes 7 weeks online.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
I want to book my car in for some work, I can’t just call them anymore. I have to do it online. I do it, it takes the money and never creates the appointment. Now inevitably I have to battle layers of Indians online and in call centres to resolve it.

It’s exhausting. It’s literally everything now. Insurance? Can’t just phone a guy. Banking? Can’t just phone a guy. If it worked, that’s fine, but there’s a 65% chance it doesn’t do what you want and you have to go to war with Indians to fix it.

I know some people are vaccine injured and find talking directly to people gives them anxiety, but those people are homosexuals and should be ashamed of themselves.
I just took the newest car into the dealership for scheduled maintenance and I'll never do that again. What a clusterfuck it ended up being. It took them 3 fucking hours to change the oil. The next time I need anything done to the cars, I'm taking them to the mechanic down the street. I don't know what I was thinking taking it to the dealership, I know better than that.

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?
I used to hate calling places and now that everything has an online portal of some sort I try and call as much as I can. Doing the online shit I have no idea if they actually received anything and am just sitting around for days wondering if they are busy or if they never got my request.

For doctors offices I have also found that a lot more appointments are available when you call them as opposed to whatever they display as available online.

I just took the newest car into the dealership for scheduled maintenance and I'll never do that again. What a clusterfuck it ended up being. It took them 3 fucking hours to change the oil. The next time I need anything done to the cars, I'm taking them to the mechanic down the street. I don't know what I was thinking taking it to the dealership, I know better than that.
Yeah, as soon as my car was over 36k miles and out of warranty I started taking it to a small shop near me. Went in to get some stuff done that the dealership said was needed and the guy was like 'nah, that's all bullshit. You won't need that for another 20-30k miles but we'll keep an eye on it.' A mechanic who turns down work is PFG in my book.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Yeah, as soon as my car was over 36k miles and out of warranty I started taking it to a small shop near me. Went in to get some stuff done that the dealership said was needed and the guy was like 'nah, that's all bullshit. You won't need that for another 20-30k miles but we'll keep an eye on it.' A mechanic who turns down work is PFG in my book.
Finding a good mechanic is like finding a good barber. Once you've got the right guy, you know it.

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?
Finding a good mechanic is like finding a good barber. Once you've got the right guy, you know it.
Had a mechanic that was great. Old school who didn't have a website, everything written down in an oil stained book when you walked in. So old school that they randomly retired and closed down shop and the only way it was communicated to their customers was to call them a receive a dial tone

NoBacon

The gunslinger.

That’s what I used to do, but those places are disappearing, the ones my grandpa recommended are either closed, taken over by dealerships, or there’s a brain drain and the white mechanics’s are now illegal immigrants.

The last time I went to one, they put my axles on backwards, and it was now staffed by amorphous brown people instead of old white men.

So I go to the dealership, which I now I have to use the online portal for, I can’t just turn up and book in.

It’s…. Bslhapjaphspjsphspshohz

Ya I did that recently. Brand new car, COMP'D maintenance! I was leaving for a trip that weekend, figured I'd get it done that Friday. Car is loaded up, almost full for a weekend trip.

Kid backs a brand new Highlander into a pole taking it to the garage and they have to fix the bumper, smashed up the rear lights..fucking lol. Thing has a backup camera.

Manager comes out and tells me they will give me a Carrola as a replacement. Motherfucker there's a reason I got a fucking SUV.

I was so fucking pissed. And I have to go back there this week to service a company car. They will 100% remember me. :brothaman_sm:

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Ya I did that recently. Brand new car, COMP'D maintenance! I was leaving for a trip that weekend, figured I'd get it done that Friday. Car is loaded up, almost full for a weekend trip.

Kid backs a brand new Highlander into a pole taking it to the garage and they have to fix the bumper, smashed up the rear lights..fucking lol. Thing has a backup camera.

Manager comes out and tells me they will give me a Carrola as a replacement. Motherfucker there's a reason I got a fucking SUV.

I was so fucking pissed. And I have to go back there this week to service a company car. They will 100% remember me. :brothaman_sm:

That kind of sounds like your fault tbh lol

I’m thinking next car I buy, I’m buying an old civic or something. Where I can do most of the basic work myself, and it’s cheap. If it dies, it dies who cares and buy another cash.

These new cars are built like absolute shit, I guess it’s planned obsolescence. Then you factor in all the horrendously expensive parts, electronics. It’s just not worth the headache. The bumper you totalled before would just be putting a new one on and painting it, and some basic lights which cost nothing, now it’s got a network of electronics, sensors, cameras, lights that cost thousands. It’s not better this way. My car has some parking feature and stuff, I will never use it because I don’t trust it, but how much does this stuff cost if you need replacements?

I hate it.

RobertMewler

When I bought my car from the dealership they gave me a few free oil changes. You'd call to schedule them and talk to an eager and friendly girl who worked onsite. On the day of you'd go into their lounge with sofas and hot chocolate/coffee/tea makers so you could wait it out comfortably (even had home renovation shows on screens on MUTE which was heavenly).

I used the free ones up so now I have to sit in my car for an hour like an asshole at a retail spot while I wait for the jerks in line ahead of me to get theirs done.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
I'm done with corporate bullshit. I'm trying to get away from it as much as possible. If I need something done, I'll take it to a guy that's been doing it for 20 years who isn't trying to get rich by providing mediocre service to more clients than he can manage.

Racist Google Intern

Please watch the Itchy and Scratchy Friends Hour!
You talk to customer service now and its not even an Indian, its a fucking robot. Most of these places don’t even give you an option to call and ask for help, its all this online portal chatbot shit. FUCKING THING SUCKS!
The trick use to be smash 0 to get an operator and that doesn't work anymore.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I'm done with corporate bullshit. I'm trying to get away from it as much as possible. If I need something done, I'll take it to a guy that's been doing it for 20 years who isn't trying to get rich by providing mediocre service to more clients than he can manage.

They’re a dying breed, though, if you know a good *insert any trade skill* guy like that, it’s like gold dust.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
When I bought my car from the dealership they gave me a few free oil changes. You'd call to schedule them and talk to an eager and friendly girl who worked onsite. On the day of you'd go into their lounge with sofas and hot chocolate/coffee/tea makers so you could wait it out comfortably (even had home renovation shows on screens on MUTE which was heavenly).

I used the free ones up so now I have to sit in my car for an hour like an asshole at a retail spot while I wait for the jerks in line ahead of me to get theirs done.
I went through the same thing with an eager young women on the phone, then when I got there, the appointment was made for the wrong time, was told it would only take an hour (three and a half fucking hours), and they wouldn't even answer the phone when I called to check on the status of THE FUCKING OIL CHANGE! I finally had to call the sales department - shocker; they picked up the phone right away - and have some kid literally walk down to the service department and tell them to pick up my call. Fuck that. Keep the hot chocolate and the bullshit fixer-upper TV marathon. The last mechanic I had used to offer me two fingers of cheap whiskey and shoot-the-shit with me when I dropped the car off. THAT'S fucking service.