I'm calling it: When Pat is disowned by the sci-fi community, he will swing to the right

RoTheHo69

PULL OVER DUMB CUNT
I don't think so. He associates being right-wing with the hicks he grew up with and feels superior to. His being a "liberal" (ironic, as he's fundamentally illiberal in every way) is part of his big city, cultured man of the world act.
Fatrick is as liberal as it gets, he is the embodiment of the post-historic liberal who starts from the delusion of being infallible and proceeds to justify any of his own actions that contradict his professed values on this basis alone. The modern 'illiberal' liberal (fatrick) is what happens when the pressures of competing ideologies are lifted from the shoulders of the classic liberal. The modern liberal considers himself as post-historical and infallible exactly like our porky.

Last edited:
G

Fatrick is as liberal as it gets, he is embodiment of the post-historic liberal who starts from the delusion of being infallible and proceeds to justify any of his own actions that contradict his professed values on this basis alone. The modern 'illiberal' liberal (fatrick) is what happens when the pressures of competing ideologies are lifted from the shoulders of the classic liberal. The modern liberal considers himself as post-historical and infallible exactly like our porky.
I guess American and British ideas of classic liberalism are different. Over here it used to mean basically libertarian - you do what you want within the law, just don't tell me what to do etc.

RoTheHo69

PULL OVER DUMB CUNT
I guess American and British ideas of classic liberalism are different. Over here it used to mean basically libertarian - you do what you want within the law, just don't tell me what to do etc.
Yeah it's the same thing here, but in both places classic liberalism gave way to 'think what I tell you to think or get fired/go to jail'. Once classic liberalism 'wins' against other ways of thinking that's inevitably what it ends up as.

Another example of this is found in the Catholic Eastern European countries under communism where Western institutions appealed to those people on the liberal basis of freedom of religion. Now that alot of those Eastern European nations are grouped in the EU I bet they'd have a hard time upholding their religion by law without being called far-right. Classical liberalism gave way to a post-historical liberal chauvinism once there was no competing ideologies.

Last edited:
It's only a matter of time for Pat. For starters, he's a center-left Democrat (loves Biden, Copmala Harris, Hillary) and the younger crowd loves Bernie or is to the left of Bernie. The SFWA is only going to move further to the left and Pat is not known for adapting.

Combine that with Pat's jokes (black rhino, trannies) and persona from 5-10 years ago when he was Frat Pat and comedians like Louis CK were his heroes and he'd 👏clap 👏back on Twitter with jokes about dicks and banging people's moms. It's all there and all meticulously archived thanks to people like Caverlock.

The ignition source for this powder keg is the fact that Pat is a raging asshole towards anyone who disagrees with him unless they're a minority. He can't keep that subservience up forever and eventually he's going to explode and be ripped to shreds. His Kobe Bryant tweets lost him tons of followers as have some of his anti-Bernie stances. It's going to be great.

G

ingloriousbasterds.jpg