I'm calling it: When Pat is disowned by the sci-fi community, he will swing to the right

BudDickman

This seems to happen to people with a tribal mindset who outlive their usefulness. They swing to opposite end of the spectrum. Pat especially is incapable of learning from his own mistakes. He thrives on hostility and is only concerned with self-aggrandizement, so he'll just do the same thing in a different direction.

MAGA people are stupid as fuck and will accept anyone who bashes left-wingers, especially someone who can claim to have dirt on them after emerging from the dark side. He might even try to win the favor of this community, or he might just decide we are actually libtards after all.

Here's an article from some former SJW talking about how he used to be a piece of shit:

He could tell the same story, except more clumsily of course, but also with way more drama, assuming that he can manage to tell the truth. "I Fought the Trolls and the Trolls Won" would be a brilliant story if he could find someone to write it.

G

How did I become that person? It happened because it was exhilarating. Every time I would call someone racist or sexist, I would get a rush. That rush would then be reaffirmed and sustained by the stars, hearts, and thumbs-up that constitute the nickels and dimes of social media validation.

Damn, that's what happens when I call Pat fat.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
I don't think so. He associates being right-wing with the hicks he grew up with and feels superior to. His being a "liberal" (ironic, as he's fundamentally illiberal in every way) is part of his big city, cultured man of the world act.

Yeah, at best he'd pivot to a Bill Maher free speech/anti woke liberal, but no further. He spent 2020 talking down to Berniefags, so he'd already into I'm the lib whose right, you're the lib whose wrong.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
This seems to happen to people with a tribal mindset who outlive their usefulness. They swing to opposite end of the spectrum. Pat especially is incapable of learning from his own mistakes. He thrives on hostility and is only concerned with self-aggrandizement, so he'll just do the same thing in a different direction.

MAGA people are stupid as fuck and will accept anyone who bashes left-wingers, especially someone who can claim to have dirt on them after emerging from the dark side. He might even try to win the favor of this community, or he might just decide we are actually libtards after all.

Here's an article from some former SJW talking about how he used to be a piece of shit:

He could tell the same story, except more clumsily of course, but also with way more drama, assuming that he can manage to tell the truth. "I Fought the Trolls and the Trolls Won" would be a brilliant story if he could find someone to write it.
And the funny part is Pat is getting a taste of what it's like to be trolled by a group of people like him and his lefto friends and not surprisingly, he didn't like it. People like Pat hypocritically want to use the bully pulpit against people they don't agree with, but they don't like it when they are the target, as pats hysterical reaction shows. But zero self awareness Pat won't ever have the moment of clarity and think "Huh, i'm doing the exact same thing".