If you know the age of consent of multiple states you are a fucking pedophile.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
There is no reason you need to know that. It does not matter if it is “legal”, you’re a fucking pedophile. If you got magically teleported to another state mid stroke you’d be a criminal. How about just be safe and keep it at 19? Oh right, you’re a pedophile.

If you car crash this you are advocating for pedophilia.

Turry Fawks

Good evening cowards
Before I discuss whether the distinction is meaningful, I'd like to point out that being attracted to anyone isn't illegal, as you stated, unless you act on it and it violates a particular law (as it would in this case). If you're referring to the act specifically, then that's a different conversation, and the question would be about the age of consent more than anything.

As for the crux of the argument, I believe the distinction is much bigger than you make it out to be. Whether you think it's all "gross", it's a simple fact of biology that the average 14- or 15-year-old will be a lot more developed, and hence a lot closer to an adult (physically) than, for example, the average 8-year-old. Furthermore, by nature of having lived for longer, they'll typically be more mature as well. Surely there's a difference between these two? Especially considering how the age of consent varies wildly across the world (and I'm pretty sure it's as low as 13 in several places), it's definitely a blurred line at around this point.

Turry Fawks

Good evening cowards
Here's the thing. You said ephebophilia is pedophilia.

Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that.

As someone who is a diddler who studies children, I am telling you, specifically, in diddling, no one calls ephebophilia pedophilia. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.

If you're saying "pedophile family" you're referring to the paraphilia grouping of chronophilia, which includes things from nepiophibilia to hebepohilia to gerontophilia.

So your reasoning for calling ephebophilia pedophilia is because random people "call the epbopophilia ones pedophiles?" Let's get teleiophiles and mesophiles in there, then, too.

Also, calling someone a human or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. An ephebophile is an ephebophile and a member of the chonophilia classification. But that's not what you said. You said a ephebophilia is pedophilia, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the chronophilia class ephebophiles, which means you'd call nepiophiles, teliophiles, and other sexual attractions pedophilia, too. Which you said you don't.

It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

lowend73

2 point vig
Before I discuss whether the distinction is meaningful, I'd like to point out that being attracted to anyone isn't illegal, as you stated, unless you act on it and it violates a particular law (as it would in this case). If you're referring to the act specifically, then that's a different conversation, and the question would be about the age of consent more than anything.

As for the crux of the argument, I believe the distinction is much bigger than you make it out to be. Whether you think it's all "gross", it's a simple fact of biology that the average 14- or 15-year-old will be a lot more developed, and hence a lot closer to an adult (physically) than, for example, the average 8-year-old. Furthermore, by nature of having lived for longer, they'll typically be more mature as well. Surely there's a difference between these two? Especially considering how the age of consent varies wildly across the world (and I'm pretty sure it's as low as 13 in several places), it's definitely a blurred line at around this point.
Pedo logic

You are justifying your own fucked up moral center

Turry Fawks

Good evening cowards
Pedo logic

You are justifying your own fucked up moral center
My mother knows I'm a lolicon now.

I'm telling you all a bit of a story. I was playing a Pokemon game with a friend, and we're good friends. We make jokes against each other, yadda yadda yadda. My friend knows I like lolis, and during one of our conversations where I said "Cope seethe mald" because he lost in a Pokemon battle that I won in, he said "Cope seethe mald 'cause you're a pedophile!". Now obviously I'm not, but I don't know what his stance is on lolicons so I asked him if he actually thinks I'm a pedophile. He said "No, not actually", and my mother overheard what I said. She went into my room and asked "Why would people think you're a pedophile?" and I told her that I liked lolis (No hesitation, by the way. I'm shameless for a reason). She asked what a loli was, and I showed her an image of a loli. Her response?

"Yeah, she's a little on the younger side. At least depicted as the younger side. I can see why people think you're a pedophile, but it's just fiction"
(I don't remember her exact words, but that's close)

So now my mother knows that I like lolis, and seeing as she mentioned that it was on the younger side and I mentioned pedophilia, she knows I mean sexually. She's perfectly fine with me liking lolis and she, like any sensible person, chalks it up to "It's just fiction".

Best part is, she's a psychologist.
You know, the people that know the human mind and its function.

The people that STUDY human psychology.
The THERAPISTS.

Mustard's affectation

still rockin' the hawk

I'm telling you all a bit of a story. I was playing a Pokemon game with a friend, and we're good friends. We make jokes against each other, yadda yadda yadda. My friend knows I like lolis, and during one of our conversations where I said "Cope seethe mald" because he lost in a Pokemon battle that I won in, he said "Cope seethe mald 'cause you're a pedophile!". Now obviously I'm not, but I don't know what his stance is on lolicons so I asked him if he actually thinks I'm a pedophile. He said "No, not actually", and my mother overheard what I said. She went into my room and asked "Why would people think you're a pedophile?" and I told her that I liked lolis (No hesitation, by the way. I'm shameless for a reason). She asked what a loli was, and I showed her an image of a loli. Her response?

"Yeah, she's a little on the younger side. At least depicted as the younger side. I can see why people think you're a pedophile, but it's just fiction"

So now my mother knows that I like lolis, and seeing as she mentioned that it was on the younger side and I mentioned pedophilia, she knows I mean sexually. She's perfectly fine with me liking lolis and she, like any sensible person, chalks it up to "It's just fiction".

The THERAPISTS.
Here's the thing. You said ephebophilia is pedophilia.

Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that.

As someone who is a diddler who studies children, I am telling you, specifically, in diddling, no one calls ephebophilia pedophilia. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.

If you're saying "pedophile family" you're referring to the paraphilia grouping of chronophilia, which includes things from nepiophibilia to hebepohilia to gerontophilia.

So your reasoning for calling ephebophilia pedophilia is because random people "call the epbopophilia ones pedophiles?" Let's get teleiophiles and mesophiles in there, then, too.

Also, calling someone a human or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. An ephebophile is an ephebophile and a member of the chonophilia classification. But that's not what you said. You said a ephebophilia is pedophilia, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the chronophilia class ephebophiles, which means you'd call nepiophiles, teliophiles, and other sexual attractions pedophilia, too. Which you said you don't.

It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?
all of this is insightful.
I’m literally the first user to be a 1 for 5 deal. Wherever I post theres 5 people doing cartwheels behind me….Sues Troupe
too long.

Turry Fawks

Good evening cowards
all of this is insightful.
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as pedophilia, is in fact, hebephilia, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, ephebophilia. Pedophilia is not merely the attraction to anyone under 18, but rather a totally separate disorder (not a legal term) listed as a sexual-psychological disorder categorized under paraphilias, a group of sexual-psychological disorders in the DSM-IV and considered a disorder under the standards of the American Psychological Association. Many people could be considered ephebophiles despite the fact that they themselves may not know the term, much less what it means. Through a peculiar turn of events, ephebophilia and hebephilia became grouped under the very general and inconclusive cultural term "pedophilia," and the majority of people using the term are unaware that they are referring to non-paraphilic sexual preferences that are unmentioned in the DSM-IV and occur relatively harmlessly in a great deal of the population. There really is a pedophilia, and these people may be referring to it, but nevertheless it is a small part of what is labeled under "pedophilia." Pedophilia is labeled as a paraphilia because it is by nature unhealthy. Paraphilias are all unhealthy and destructive to relationships, but are restricted to the definitions set forth in the DSM. Pedophilia is simply grouped with the non pathologized conditions of hebephilia and hebephilia because they share a few similar traits. In reality, pedophilia separate from both and should be treated as such, and many people described as pedophiles would be better described as hebephiles or ephebophiles.

The THERAPISTS.
This story is cringe but your mom is based. You should have her hook you up with a mentally disturbed high school GF who wears plaid skirts and pigtails😩💦

Mustard's affectation

still rockin' the hawk
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as pedophilia, is in fact, hebephilia, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, ephebophilia. Pedophilia is not merely the attraction to anyone under 18, but rather a totally separate disorder (not a legal term) listed as a sexual-psychological disorder categorized under paraphilias, a group of sexual-psychological disorders in the DSM-IV and considered a disorder under the standards of the American Psychological Association. Many people could be considered ephebophiles despite the fact that they themselves may not know the term, much less what it means. Through a peculiar turn of events, ephebophilia and hebephilia became grouped under the very general and inconclusive cultural term "pedophilia," and the majority of people using the term are unaware that they are referring to non-paraphilic sexual preferences that are unmentioned in the DSM-IV and occur relatively harmlessly in a great deal of the population. There really is a pedophilia, and these people may be referring to it, but nevertheless it is a small part of what is labeled under "pedophilia." Pedophilia is labeled as a paraphilia because it is by nature unhealthy. Paraphilias are all unhealthy and destructive to relationships, but are restricted to the definitions set forth in the DSM. Pedophilia is simply grouped with the non pathologized conditions of hebephilia and hebephilia because they share a few similar traits. In reality, pedophilia separate from both and should be treated as such, and many people described as pedophiles would be better described as hebephiles or ephebophiles.
yup

The THERAPISTS.
Bro why the fuck are you telling people this? Are you retarded or something?

Turry Fawks

Good evening cowards
Bro why the fuck are you telling people this? Are you retarded or something?
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

You fucking NORMIES will never understand libertarianism