I watched the newest simpsons episode.

G

The description on disney+ interested me: "Bart finally respects his father". I was thinking holy fawk... that sounds like a simple, heartwarming episode that'll put me in a good mood. I know the show is fucking horrible now but how can they mess up that premise?
Then I watched it. Bart decides he wants to work in a nuclear power plant like Homer when he grows up, but then some janitor tells him there's no point because republican boomers destroyed the world and so he has no future. And that was literally the moral of the episode.

Wait, I'm wrong. He didn't "tell" him that... he rapped it.

[MEDIA=youtube]5MjTWtS5TAI[/MEDIA]

They're not wrong about the downfall of middle class and how boomers are shit... but holy fuck this show is awful and demotivating.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
Watching the decline of The Simpsons convinces me that the initial greatness of the show must have been mostly due to Sam Simon's early influence on the show. He did character models for a lot of the side characters and assembled almost all the writers in those first few seasons.

Case in point, here's the original Simpson writers' room:

Simpsons_writers2.jpg

Some of the funniest TV writers in the last few decades (and three broads).

Watching the decline of The Simpsons convinces me that the initial greatness of the show must have been mostly due to Sam Simon's early influence on the show. He did character models for a lot of the side characters and assembled almost all the writers in those first few seasons.

View attachment 60983

It used to be funny, subversive, and cool to goof on things. Society, institutions, individuals, groups, whatever, you were free to goof on whatever and whoever you pleased, as it was considered "free speech" and they were just fun jokes anyhow. Then the culture shifted and before long it was totally unacceptable to goof on anyone, aside from a handful of pre-approved targets that "everyone" was obliged to hate. Irony, irreverence, and satire were finished and inclusivity, tolerance and earnestness came into fashion. And now everyone who spent the 1990's hilariously goofing on things has to atone for it now, mainly by not being funny anymore.

They should have just wrapped "The Simpsons" up with the movie. The show was already dead in the water at that point. The last episodes I thought were really any good were in season 16, and that's being super generous about it. By season 12-13 it was already hit & miss. For the last 16-17 seasons it's been total dreck, to a point where even a semi-decent outing is a huge surprise. It's kind of sad how they just keep flogging that corpse.

EraGodless

It used to be funny, subversive, and cool to goof on things. Society, institutions, individuals, groups, whatever, you were free to goof on whatever and whoever you pleased, as it was considered "free speech" and they were just fun jokes anyhow. Then the culture shifted and before long it was totally unacceptable to goof on anyone, aside from a handful of pre-approved targets that "everyone" was obliged to hate. Irony, irreverence, and satire were finished and inclusivity, tolerance and earnestness came into fashion. And now everyone who spent the 1990's hilariously goofing on things has to atone for it now, mainly by not being funny anymore.

They should have just wrapped "The Simpsons" up with the movie. The show was already dead in the water at that point. The last episodes I thought were really any good were in season 16, and that's being super generous about it. By season 12-13 it was already hit & miss. For the last 16-17 seasons it's been total dreck, to a point where even a semi-decent outing is a huge surprise. It's kind of sad how they just keep flogging that corpse.
You are being extremely generous- most people put the cut off at season 9, with a case to be made for season 10. After that? Shit and completely forgetable.

This is one of the current kike showrunners of the Simpsons- how can he say this shit with a straight face? Lol.

Of his writing of The Simpsons, Selman said: "The hardest thing is we have to try and make each episode as good as everything that's come before it. We have a legacy of greatness, and you don't want to be the person that ruins The Simpsons."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Selman

You are being extremely generous- most people put the cut off at season 9, with a case to be made for season 10. After that? Shit and completely forgetable.

This is one of the current kike showrunners of the Simpsons- how can he say this shit with a straight face? Lol.

Of his writing of The Simpsons, Selman said: "The hardest thing is we have to try and make each episode as good as everything that's come before it. We have a legacy of greatness, and you don't want to be the person that ruins The Simpsons."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Selman
The Simpsons are like Aerosmith. They've been gay and embarrassing for way longer than they were cool and great. Every time I check out a new episode, I always regret it. Everything about it is just wrong now.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
C

View attachment 60983

Conan wasn't there til season 4 but point could still stand about Simon. I don't know.

Side note, ya'll ever read any of John Schwartzwelders books?

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain

My kids and I used to watch all of the new ones. Even a bunch of the shitty years, always caught up. Ever since the voices changed....they haven't asked about the Simpsons in two years or so. If we watch, it's the first 15 seasons and the movie.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Tapped out after a minute. Jesus even the songs in that show are absolute garbage now.

I wonder how many of the people involved in that show still delude themselves that they're doing anything other than shitting on its legacy and have been for about 20 years.