I WANNA SEE THE PRESIDENTS MOVIE!

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Bush Sr. a boring dud? The dude helped orchestrate Kennedys murder, Reagans shooting and who the fuck knows what else
To be fair (((They))) would never allow you to make a movie where Bush Sr. is burning the Iran Contra papers in a waste basket. It’d be a rags to riches story about being a “””nobody”””, rising to the CIA, winning the Presidency and losing to Clinton after one term.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
J.F.K and Nixon were both good, but suffered from the usual Oliver Stone - too long and ADHD editing - syndrome. Thirteen Days was good too.

What I really want to see, but never will unless Hollywood becomes less gay, - is a 6 season HBO adaptation of James Ellroy's Underworld USA trilogy. Seasons 1-2 - American Tabloid, season - 3-4 - The Cold Six Thousand, seasons 5-6 - Blood's A Rover. The books are amazing, maybe the best American novels of the last 30 years. Historical fiction spanning 1958-1973 - real life figures like Hoffa, the Kennedys, Hoover, Roselli/Giancana/Trafficante etc rubbing shoulders with Ellroy's protagonists. Bay of Pigs, the assassinations of the Kennedy brothers and MLK, running guns to Cuba, running heroin out of Cambodia and Nam, MK ultra, COINTELPRO vs black panthers in LA and elsewhere.

It would be expensive as hell, but if done properly - script faithful to the source material, cast well, shot in the vividly colourful, dreamlike way the book is written - it could be a Sopranos-level legacy show for HBO. @TorqueWheeler make it happen, baby. I read Tom Hanks bought the rights years ago lol
WWAWD British Prime Minister movies? Everyone i’ve seen looks like a piece of shit like the Iron Lady or the one about Tony Blair being friends with Clinton and W.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
My problem is I guarantee you if they made movies about these guys it would follow the formula i laid out before. The Obama movie would be called “Barack” and be about him getting Obamacare passed with nothing to do on his life or election, the actual interesting shit.
In recent history Obama runs away with “least experienced President”. Pretty much since Truman (and maybe even before, but we’ll stop there) the Presidents have been finely groomed to be in the office. Truman was a Senator and VP. Eisenhower was a renowned general. JFK was a House member and Senator. Johnson was House member, Senate member, House leader, and VP. Nixon was a house member, senator and VP. Ford was a house member and VP. Carter was a state senator and Governor. HW was a house member, CIA director, and VP. Clinton was an AG and Governor.

In this time we’ve had a handful of Presidents with little to no experience in comparison:

Reagan, who was simply the Governor of California.
W Bush, who’s only political office was Governor of Texas for 5 years.
Obama, who had been a state senator for a while but had only been elected to the US Senate for one term when he ran for President.
And Trump, who served literally 0 office before this.

Monk

WWAWD British Prime Minister movies? Everyone i’ve seen looks like a piece of shit like the Iron Lady or the one about Tony Blair being friends with Clinton and W.
Darkest Hour starring Gary Oldman was great. There's also a very good fan edit called Finest Hour that combines Darkest Hour and Dunkirk. Honestly can't recommend it enough. Dunkirk is probably the most immersive war movie ever but the lack of story and time hopping kinda sucks. Finest Hour sorts that all out and it makes for a really good war epic.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
To be fair (((They))) would never allow you to make a movie where Bush Sr. is burning the Iran Contra papers in a waste basket. It’d be a rags to riches story about being a “””nobody”””, rising to the CIA, winning the Presidency and losing to Clinton after one term.

Which is why I hope fags start getting tired of the dumbass super hero movies that are keeping (((them))) as an industry afloat. We need indie movies that you can easily make for a couple million or less that tell the real story about all this shit. No ones got the balls to make a real movie about FUCKING PRESIDENTS??? Whatever, fuck it, let's fly the flag at have mast at the gas station when these pieces of shit croak, keep the bullshit going, hail America!