I WANNA SEE THE PRESIDENTS MOVIE!

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Talking about Oppenheimer got me thinking, because in that movie LBJ and Truman make a brief appearance. Why don’t we have any good President movies? Shinkle boutit. I’ve seen a couple of them and let me list my problems and praises:

All the Way - This is an LBJ movie where Bryan Cranston plays LBJ. Now you think it would be a movie about LBJ but its about the Civil Rights act. Now I give this movie props because it portrayed Johnson as a self serving piece of shit bully who was cat calling women around the office. They really did a very minor repainting of his history. And they mentioned Vietnam and Gulf of Tonkin which i didn’t expect from a movie about the Civil Rights act. Overall this one was pretty good but my main complaint is its not about LBJ.

Lincoln - This is the one where Daniel “Faggot” Day Lewis plays Lincoln. I fucking hated this one. I went into “All the Way” expecting it to be half LBJ half MLK. This one is fucking called Lincoln and it’s about the 13th amendment. HE HAD A WHOLE LIFE BESIDES THAT, STUPID! Terrible fucking movie.

W. - Now this is one I like but it has it’s own problems. First of all it was made by Oliver “Faggot” Stone, so it has an extremely liberal slant. Second of all, it was made in 2006-2007. How the fuck can you make a movie about the President before his term is even up? However I liked this one the most because it covered W.’s entire life AND presidency, with the climax being the Iraq war and the WMDs. This is what I fucking expect out of a President movie. They even covered him choking on the pretzel for christ sake.

So WWAWD? What are some of them good President movies we got back there?

NewJersey.gov

Why cant we all just get along, funsters
A movie on Bill Clinton would be epic...W Bush, Obama and Trump too

But: Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter, Ford etc were boring duds.

Then a bunch of interesting characters again: JFK, Nixon, LBJ

But preceded by more duds: Eisenhower, Truman, Roosevelt (idk maybe he would make a good movie), Harding, etc

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I’ve always wanted to see a movie about the Lincoln assassination but from the POV of John Wilkes Boothe and the conspirators. It was probably the most successful worst executed plot ever. You could definitely trick an audience into rooting for a dude who kills the President if you gave them convincing enough reasons that the assassin belives. (((They))) wouldn’t like this though.

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Talking about Oppenheimer got me thinking, because in that movie LBJ and Truman make a brief appearance. Why don’t we have any good President movies? Shinkle boutit. I’ve seen a couple of them and let me list my problems and praises:

All the Way - This is an LBJ movie where Bryan Cranston plays LBJ. Now you think it would be a movie about LBJ but its about the Civil Rights act. Now I give this movie props because it portrayed Johnson as a self serving piece of shit bully who was cat calling women around the office. They really did a very minor repainting of his history. And they mentioned Vietnam and Gulf of Tonkin which i didn’t expect from a movie about the Civil Rights act. Overall this one was pretty good but my main complaint is its not about LBJ.

Lincoln - This is the one where Daniel “Faggot” Day Lewis plays Lincoln. I fucking hated this one. I went into “All the Way” expecting it to be half LBJ half MLK. This one is fucking called Lincoln and it’s about the 13th amendment. HE HAD A WHOLE LIFE BESIDES THAT, STUPID! Terrible fucking movie.

W. - Now this is one I like but it has it’s own problems. First of all it was made by Oliver “Faggot” Stone, so it has an extremely liberal slant. Second of all, it was made in 2006-2007. How the fuck can you make a movie about the President before his term is even up? However I liked this one the most because it covered W.’s entire life AND presidency, with the climax being the Iraq war and the WMDs. This is what I fucking expect out of a President movie. They even covered him choking on the pretzel for christ sake.

So WWAWD? What are some of them good President movies we got back there?

NewJersey.gov

Why cant we all just get along, funsters
I’ve always wanted to see a movie about the Lincoln assassination but from the POV of John Wilkes Boothe and the conspirators. It was probably the most successful worst executed plot ever. You could definitely trick an audience into rooting for a dude who kills the President if you gave them convincing enough reasons that the assassin belives. (((They))) wouldn’t like this though.
WWAW all the synchronicities and coincidences shared by Lincoln's assassination story, and JFK's?

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
A movie on Bill Clinton would be epic...W Bush, Obama and Trump too
My problem is I guarantee you if they made movies about these guys it would follow the formula i laid out before. The Obama movie would be called “Barack” and be about him getting Obamacare passed with nothing to do on his life or election, the actual interesting shit.
But: Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter, Ford etc were boring duds.
Ford would make an interesting movie. His entire goal in life was to be Speaker of the House. In 30 years the farthest he ever got was House Minority Leader. When Spiro Agnew resigned Nixon asked Ford to be VP, and Ford accepted as “a good retirement gig”. Well then Nixon resigned and Ford became the only President to not be elected by anybody. Then the 4 years he was President was pretty interesting with pulling us out of Vietnam and the economic downturn we went into.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
WWAW all the synchronicities and coincidences shared by Lincoln's assassination story, and JFK's?

I’m a big conspiracy guy but most of these things are coincidences, with some being valid. Autistic breakdown:

Genuinely weird:
•Both presidents were elected to the presidency in '60.
•Both presidents were elected to the United States House of Representatives in '46.
•Both were runners-up for the party's nomination for vice-president in '56.
•Both presidents were accompanied by another couple.
•Lincoln was shot at Ford's Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln automobile, made by Ford.
•Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy who told him not to go to the theatre. Kennedy had a secretary named Evelyn Lincoln (who was born 100 years after Lincoln, and whose husband Harold's nickname was Abe) who warned him not to go to Dallas.
•John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald each have 15 letters and 3 words.
•There are 6 letters in each Johnson's first name.
•Booth ran from a theatre to a warehouse, Oswald ran from a warehouse to a theatre.

Nonsense:
•Both successors were Southern Democrats named Johnson born in '08.
(Andrew Johnson was not the same Dem as LBJ. Remember Lincoln was a Republican. At this time the Vice Presidential ticket was usually someone from an opposing party, so the last name is as far as the similarities go there.)
•Both presidents were concerned with the problems of American blacks and made their views strongly known in '63. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation in 1862, which became law in 1863.
(When Lincoln gave the Emancipation Proclamation, blacks didn’t want till it went into law to start being freed. And the Civil Rights act didn’t truly get passed until 1964 after JFK was killed)
•Both presidents were shot in the head.
(President Garfield and Mckinley were both shot in the stomach and died.)
•Both presidents were shot from behind.
(Different ranges. Lincoln was shot point blank, JFK was sniped. Lincoln was shot once, JFK was shot twice. Both Mckinley and Garfield were shot from their front.)
•Both presidents were shot in presence of their wives.
(Mckinley and Garfield were both shot NOT in the presence of their wives, on official Presidential duties)
•Both presidents were shot on a Friday.
(Extreme coincidence. There were plans to kill Lincoln earlier but the play happened to line up on that day.)
•The male companion of the other couple was wounded by the assassin.
(This was not intended for JFK. The plan was to only hit Kennedy and Connolly was struck in the process. The original couple at Fords Theatre was supposed to be Lincolns secretary of war who was a target in the attack, hence the stabbing.)
•Both Oswald and Booth were killed before they could be put on trial.
(Extremely different circumstances. Oswald was killed already in custody by a random guy. Booth was killed during the manhunt on him by police. Where Oswald died instantly, Booth lingered for 2 hours paralyzed from the waist down.)
•Lincoln and Kennedy each have 7 letters.
(So? Abe is three letters and John is four.)
•Lincoln and Kennedy both have five syllables in their full name (which counts Kennedy's middle initial).
(Stretching, only works with middle initial.)

There’s a lot of weird shit with both assassinations, especially Lincolns prophetic dreams nights before he was killed. They’re also the two Presidential assassinations that seemingly had a motive and were completely successful. The other two being the aforementioned Garfield and Mckinley. Garfield was shot by a legitimate crazy person and would have lived if not for medical incompetence. Mckinley was shot by an anarchist and would have lived if he had experienced todays medical care. JFK and Lincoln were both shot by political extremists, with conspiratorial ties, in public, in the head, with the wound basically killing them instantly. Both events had been planned for months and there were many instances were both assassins should have been caught earlier, and the entire assassinations were successful hinged on happenstance. Boothe learned that Ford theatre was going to host Lincoln because he managed to pick up his mail there on that day. JFK’s route was changed last minute to go down Elm street and thus line up a clear shot for the depository. Both Presidents also would have lived if there were any modern safety measures in place or if one thing were changed: For Lincoln, the person guarding the Presidential booth went to go drink at a bar and thus left it undefended. For JFK, modern secret service would have been scoping out the surrounding buildings or making sure someone with a goddamn sniper wasn’t sitting in one. Or the car would have just had a bulletproof roof cover.

Lotta fawwwkin problems

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
WWAW Abe named Abraham and looking very 'semitic'
80200046-2720-4FA7-8E00-DCD17F4113C9.jpeg

(((Family friend)))

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Sniff. I’m all fawwwkin in on the random Presidental history and facts. James Buchanan was thought to be a complete faggot and was acknowledged as such by contemporaries like Andrew Jackson, calling him “Miss Nancy”. Only President to have never married and wrote about longing for men. Fucking cocksmoker. That’s not even getting into Andrew Jackson who was an absolutely insane motherfucker in his own category. Then you have the history of whores in the White House from Clinton to JFK to Harding, who literally fathered a son with a teenager while he was running for President. Then you have this shit
9F766F34-2F8D-4CCF-881D-2480E97D6E76.jpeg

Just entire rigged elections.

Monk

Oliver Stone's Nixon is pretty entertaining. Thirteen Days about JFK handling the Cuban Missile Crisis is good. I really liked Lincoln but I get why anyone less interested in the time period/subject wouldn't like it. Fog of War is a documentary about Robert McNamara but also devotes a lot of time to JFK/LBJ. Not a movie but the John Adams miniseries with Paul Giamatti is really good.

Been rumored for a while that there is a Teddy Roosevelt biopic directed by Scorsese/starring DiCaprio in pre-production.

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
Sniff. I’m all fawwwkin in on the random Presidental history and facts. James Buchanan was thought to be a complete faggot and was acknowledged as such by contemporaries like Andrew Jackson, calling him “Miss Nancy”. Only President to have never married and wrote about longing for men. Fucking cocksmoker. That’s not even getting into Andrew Jackson who was an absolutely insane motherfucker in his own category. Then you have the history of whores in the White House from Clinton to JFK to Harding, who literally fathered a son with a teenager while he was running for President. Then you have this shit
View attachment 136866
Just entire rigged elections.
In Carroll Quigley's Tragedy & Hope, he claims that all presidential elections for the previous 100 years were bullshit. The book was published in 1966.

G

J.F.K and Nixon were both good, but suffered from the usual Oliver Stone - too long and ADHD editing - syndrome. Thirteen Days was good too.

What I really want to see, but never will unless Hollywood becomes less gay, - is a 6 season HBO adaptation of James Ellroy's Underworld USA trilogy. Seasons 1-2 - American Tabloid, season - 3-4 - The Cold Six Thousand, seasons 5-6 - Blood's A Rover. The books are amazing, maybe the best American novels of the last 30 years. Historical fiction spanning 1958-1973 - real life figures like Hoffa, the Kennedys, Hoover, Roselli/Giancana/Trafficante etc rubbing shoulders with Ellroy's protagonists. Bay of Pigs, the assassinations of the Kennedy brothers and MLK, running guns to Cuba, running heroin out of Cambodia and Nam, MK ultra, COINTELPRO vs black panthers in LA and elsewhere.

It would be expensive as hell, but if done properly - script faithful to the source material, cast well, shot in the vividly colourful, dreamlike way the book is written - it could be a Sopranos-level legacy show for HBO. @TorqueWheeler make it happen, baby. I read Tom Hanks bought the rights years ago lol

J.F.K and Nixon were both good, but suffered from the usual Oliver Stone - too long and ADHD editing - syndrome. Thirteen Days was good too.

What I really want to see, but never will unless Hollywood becomes less gay, - is a 6 season HBO adaptation of James Ellroy's Underworld USA trilogy. Seasons 1-2 - American Tabloid, season - 3-4 - The Cold Six Thousand, seasons 5-6 - Blood's A Rover. The books are amazing, maybe the best American novels of the last 30 years. Historical fiction spanning 1958-1973 - real life figures like Hoffa, the Kennedys, Hoover, Roselli/Giancana/Trafficante etc rubbing shoulders with Ellroy's protagonists. Bay of Pigs, the assassinations of the Kennedy brothers and MLK, running guns to Cuba, running heroin out of Cambodia and Nam, MK ultra, COINTELPRO vs black panthers in LA and elsewhere.

It would be expensive as hell, but if done properly - script faithful to the source material, cast well, shot in the vividly colourful, dreamlike way the book is written - it could be a Sopranos-level legacy show for HBO. @TorqueWheeler make it happen, baby. I read Tom Hanks bought the rights years ago lol
I love Ellroy but his adaptations are usually missing much of his style (the details and quips). Plus, I think Underworld USA has been optionned for 20 years and no one has been able to do anything with it.
I met him once : odd guy but great fun. He thought all of his adaptations were "shit", he told a cute female hostess at the hotel he stayed at that he felt like "a rabid dog" and repeatedly called Orson Welles a "fat boy".

G

I love Ellroy but his adaptations are usually missing much of his style (the details and quips). Plus, I think Underworld USA has been optionned for 20 years and no one has been able to do anything with it.
I met him once : odd guy but great fun. He thought all of his adaptations were "shit", he told a cute female hostess at the hotel he stayed at that he felt like "a rabid dog" and repeatedly called Orson Welles a "fat boy".
LA Confidential was decent but, as I'm sure you know, the film was maybe 10% of the book's plot. Again, it would be much better suited to a series.

Ellroy seems like a master troll and kook in interviews. There was something on youtube where he's just sitting around with these old LAPD homicide detective buddies of his shooting the shit

Missy's Mangled Handster

BBJ Lover
My problem is I guarantee you if they made movies about these guys it would follow the formula i laid out before. The Obama movie would be called “Barack” and be about him getting Obamacare passed with nothing to do on his life or election, the actual interesting shit.

Ford would make an interesting movie. His entire goal in life was to be Speaker of the House. In 30 years the farthest he ever got was House Minority Leader. When Spiro Agnew resigned Nixon asked Ford to be VP, and Ford accepted as “a good retirement gig”. Well then Nixon resigned and Ford became the only President to not be elected by anybody. Then the 4 years he was President was pretty interesting with pulling us out of Vietnam and the economic downturn we went into.
They would really nigger him up, instead of his white Midwestern upbringing