I WANNA SEE THE NUKE MOVIE!

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Spoilers obviously. I watched the torrent for Oppenheimer which was filmed in some Spanish theatre. Here’s a rundown and review:

So the movie starts off incomprehensibly. Its Oppenheimer in color and being interrogated by guys you don’t, flashing in between Oppenheimer thinking about the universe. He’s talking about his early days of being a quantum mechanics student in Europe and he poisons an apple for some reason, which he later throws away in regret. Then it cuts to Robert Downey Jr in black and white testifying to something you don’t know. Then some shit happens where Robert Downey Jr, in color, offers Openheimer a job and a house where Einstein is there and Einstein gives RDJ a dirty look.

Oppenheimer is fucking a wife he hates and is also fucking this woman who he gets to leave her marriage and come with him, divorcing his own wife in the process. Then She later kills herself or something blah blah blah. Oppenheimer tries to unionize the scientists and his friends chastise him for being a communist, warning it could be a danger for him getting hired at the Manhatten Project, which he does anyway by General Matt Damon. They find out that the Germans managed to split the atom. They do research then WWII starts.

Los Alamos starts and they go through making the bomb. They’re arguing about Goddammit we gotta get this thing quick and how powerful it could even be. One of the fears set up throughout the movie was the idea and fear that if they set an atom bomb off, the chain reaction of splitting atoms would spread to the entire atmosphere and ignite it, destroying Earth. So there’s a big build up and then they show the Nuke and it’s pretty cool. Not even the explosion itself but the way it’s directed. When the bomb goes off it makes no sound, it’s just a bright flash of light and these shots last for a minute or two before the sound and shockwave comes in and hits where they’re viewing from. Then the rest of the movie from there is just about Oppenheimers grief.

He goes to some convention center to make a speech where he goes “My only regret is we didn’t use it on the Germans” and it cuts to him seeing the audience slowly turn into nuclear attack victims. He meets President Truman to which he says “I have blood on my hands.” To which Truman said No it’s on my hands. He leaves the office and Truman calls him a “crybaby bitch” (This really happened IRL.)

The rest of the movie from here is mainly about Oppenheimers security clearance issues. Oppenheimer had communist ideas as well as communist party wife and in laws. They go through interview after interview in the board room from the first scene asking witnesses if they think Oppenheimer was disloyal to the US or could be trusted with classified info. It goes on. Oppenheimer gets his security clearance removed. Robert Downey Jr appears again and the board is actually about electing him to something. The basic gist of it is that RDJ set up Oppenheimer because Einstein mmmmmotherfucked him that day by not looking at him, also Op humiliated RDJ in front of the senate. It comes out that RDJ set him up, and Oppenheimer being a beloved hero people turn on RDJ . Then it cuts to the conversation Einstein had with Oppenheimer which I can’t even remember. The end.

It was alright.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
1689997960150.png

I got a burden on my conscience!

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
I read about Oppenheimer a little before this movie was announced. It’s an interesting piece of history but not enough to make an interesting movie to be honest witcha.
They've already tried to make a movie about it before this one:

Paul Newman as Groves was pretty good and it was kinda funny that they got Howling Mad Murdock from the A-Team to play Oppenheimer but otherwise it's a pretty forgettable movie.

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
They've already tried to make a movie about it before this one:

Paul Newman as Groves was pretty good and it was kinda funny that they got Howling Mad Murdock from the A-Team to play Oppenheimer but otherwise it's a pretty forgettable movie.
I like that John Cusack died a horror film level death from the demon core, fenrirster. If only it actually happened to him.