• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I just saw Bert Kreischer in an episode of The Shield

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Almost forgot the gay black cop killed his wife in real life about 10 years ago. Why can’t they behave?
Man that little Hispanic twink he hooks up with in the early seasons makes my fucking skin crawl. He's SO gay. The scenes with him longingly staring into the black guy's eyes gave me fucking AIDS scares just from seeing it.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I still haven't watched The Shield. I was told by TV show and film expert @LingerLonger it's up there with Sopranos, but that scene was so cringy and hack. You wouldn't see something like that in Sopranos... wtf.
The Shield is better than Boardwalk Empire but worse than The Sopranos, BB, the Wire, even BCS.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
The Shield is better than Boardwalk Empire but worse than The Sopranos, BB, the Wire, even BCS.
I've never seen The Wire, but I'd be fucking raped before I watched Breaking Bad again, and I enjoyed it while it was on. Better Call Saul is absolutely not better than The Shield.

Can we get some The Shield characters to harass this FAGGOT, please?

Forum Clout
I've never seen The Wire, but I'd be fucking raped before I watched Breaking Bad again, and I enjoyed it while it was on. Better Call Saul is absolutely not better than The Shield.

Can we get some The Shield characters to harass this FAGGOT, please?
My ribs will never recover if side characters like Dutch, Billings, and Ronnie Gardocki start trolling Pat.
1000006269.jpg

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Is there any doubt? Literally, name one show where the nailed the ending SO WELL, that it makes you want to go back and rewatch the entire series from day one.

Not being hyperbolic here, it's one of the very few stories where the story changes every time you watch it.

I know that "The Usual Suspects" and "The Sixth Sense" have "twists" at the end. But those are basically gimmicks. In "The Shield", the viewers perception of who the characters actually are evolves over time, and once you get an idea of what they're really like, it makes the entire series "hit different" the 2nd time you watch it.

Probably my favorite example of this is Dutch; he's basically a lolcow for the entire series, but by the end, you realize he's actually a dude with principles who just can't function around loose cannons like Vic and the rest of the Strike Team.

And, of course, Walton Goggins just kills it in the last season.
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when they revealed Walton Goggins was Walton Goggles, heir to the goggles fortune and secret vigilante

Forum Clout
It’s a really good show but it’s not the masterpiece you guys are making it out to be. The soundtrack alone is enough to sink it and it’s pretty terrible throughout (the only exception I can think of is a Johnny Cash song).

The show very clearly came out right around the time the TV-MA rating was introduced because they REALLY go out of their way to be as edgy as possible, and it’s not just limited to the Tantric on the soundtrack. Hey this guy kidnapped a hooker, and he cut off her arm! Wait no that’s not all, he also raped her! Oh and she’s underage! Still not uhnFIIIINded? She’s actually dead the whole time!

All that said, the story is outstanding, the ending is one of the best, and it can’t be said enough how amazing Walton Goggins is.

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
"The Shield" is one of the rare pieces of entertainment where you really don't grasp how incredible it is until you watch the entire thing, twice.

15 years ago, I'd argue that my favorite TV show ever was "Breaking Bad," but as time's progressed, the Shield just gets better and better. When you watch "Breaking Bad" for the second time, it becomes fairly apparent that Walt is a loose cannon and Gus Fringe isn't as bad as he first seems to be, and Gus should've killed Walt in season 3 or season 4 and saved everyone a lot of misery.

But "The Shield" is way deeper:

• On a second watch, the lolcows of the show seem way more heroic. Dutch is a punching bag, but he's not a bad guy. The way that everyone abuses him makes his seem like a perv and a cuck, but he's loyal and he has integrity. It's just hard to notice because he's constantly getting clowned on.
  • I think Aceveda is one of the most interesting characters. He comes off as a garden variety slimy politician, but when you watch it a 2nd time, you can see that he's doing everything he can to keep The Barn from imploding. He does some slimy things, but he's mostly doing them out of duty to his employees.
  • Obviously, Shane seems like a scumbag, but it's eventually clear that he's just a lot weaker than his Tough Guy Persona would have you believe, and Vic is bullying him into doing things he shouldn't do.
  • And then there's Vic. I'd give my left nut to see the writer of the "The Shield" remake the Star Wars prequels, because he did an AMAZING job of portraying Vic as this Cool Badass Dude, when he's actually a psychopath with absolutely zero loyalty or moral code. He seems "cool" because he's cracking heads, but eventually you realize he'd throw his own mother under the bus if it benefited him. Just an completely irredeemable shithead masquerading as The Good Guy.

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
How retarded are you that you didn't understand the first time?

That's a rhetorical question, retard.

"I'd give my left nut to see the writer of the "The Shield" remake the Star Wars prequels"

Holy fuck.

Vic in "The Shield and Walt in "Breaking Bad" seem a lot cooler when you first watch the show. Vic cracking heads and appearing to solve crimes, and Walt who ostensibly appears to be concerned about his family.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
The Shield is far superior to BB and BCS. It's not even near the artistic level of Boardwalk though. It's a show that can be watched over and over and gets better each time like Wire, Oz, Sopranos, and so on. Even when you know the major plot twists it still gets better each time through. I've seen the show a few times and never felt like I was getting burned out.

The Shield is over the top every episode. Every day they are dealing with a gang shooting or serial killer. Every day they are being hunted down by a cop killer or some maniac. It's like Oz where every episode something insane happens and every season they kill off a main character or do something to shake up the show. It's fast paced but not obvious about it because the stakes are usually high.

Some negatives about The Shield:

- Cases are solved in the most unrealistic way every time. Through confessions and interrogations. They never solve cases with forensics.
- Criminals never use a lawyer. They just blurt out their crimes like retards. Every single time.
- The detectives never go to court. The criminals go from interrogation to jail which leads to some weird storylines.
- The detectives are going from serial killer cases to catching peeping toms and cuckolds.
- Vic's immunity deal makes zero legal sense. It's dramatic. But ridiculous and would not be possible in real life.
- Shaun Ryan's wife gets massive amounts of screen time in later seasons playing Vic's wife. She is the only nurse in the entire hospital apparently.
- Glenn Close puts on an all time stinker acting performance. No one could buy her as some alpha police leader. Nor as a politician.
- Forest Whittaker plays the most absurd IA office in movie history. He's like a cartoon character.
- Michael Chiklis is 5'5" and isn't intimidating. The actor who played Dutch having to cower to him was hilariously bad writing. The actor tried to refuse doing the scene even because he felt it was unrealistic.
- The Shield lead to Sons of Anarchy. Quite possibly one of the worst shows ever committed to television.

The black fag cop killing his wife in real life was like a Shield level plot. She was an Olympic runner...and he shot her in the legs and said "Try to run from me now!". Life in prison for him.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
The Shield is far superior to BB and BCS. It's not even near the artistic level of Boardwalk though. It's a show that can be watched over and over and gets better each time like Wire, Oz, Sopranos, and so on. Even when you know the major plot twists it still gets better each time through. I've seen the show a few times and never felt like I was getting burned out.

The Shield is over the top every episode. Every day they are dealing with a gang shooting or serial killer. Every day they are being hunted down by a cop killer or some maniac. It's like Oz where every episode something insane happens and every season they kill off a main character or do something to shake up the show. It's fast paced but not obvious about it because the stakes are usually high.

- Cases are solved in the most unrealistic way every time. Through confessions and interrogations. They never solve cases with forensics.
- Criminals never use a lawyer. They just blurt out their crimes like retards. Every single time.
- The detectives never go to court. The criminals go from interrogation to jail which leads to some weird storylines.
- The detectives are going from serial killer cases to catching peeping toms and cuckolds.
- Vic's immunity deal makes zero legal sense. It's dramatic. But ridiculous and would not be possible in real life.
- Shaun Ryan's wife gets massive amounts of screen time in later seasons playing Vic's wife. She is the only nurse in the entire hospital apparently.
- Glenn Close puts on an all time stinker acting performance. No one could buy her as some alpha police leader. Nor as a politician.
- Forest Whittaker plays the most absurd IA office in movie history. He's like a cartoon character.
- Michael Chiklis is 5'5" and isn't intimidating. The actor who played Dutch having to cower to him was hilariously bad writing. The actor tried to refuse doing the scene even because he felt it was unrealistic.
- The Shield lead to Sons of Anarchy. Quite possibly one of the worst shows ever committed to television.

The black fag cop killing his wife in real life was like a Shield level plot. She was an Olympic runner...and he shot her in the legs and said "Try to run from me now!". Life in prison for him.
It is very much like Oz in that you have to suspend disbelief or nothing makes any sense.

Also, I've seen in a couple episodes people asking for lawyers and Aceveda pulls Dutch off the interrogation and subs in Vic with a phone book or they're just like "We'll get to that later" and never do.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
It is very much like Oz in that you have to suspend disbelief or nothing makes any sense.
Oz is a comedy like Veep. It's not based on the Rampart Scandal like The Shield was. The Shield's original title was literally 'Rampart'.
Also, I've seen in a couple episodes people asking for lawyers and Aceveda pulls Dutch off the interrogation and subs in Vic with a phone book or they're just like "We'll get to that later" and never do.
The only lawyers are the ones for the Strike Team or that crazy woman whose pimp lawyer fucks her in the interrogation room. Antoine Mitchell literally doesn't even use a lawyer. Vic doesn't use a lawyer when he signs the ICE immunity deal. The show cuts corners every episode to keep the fast pace going.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout

My only real criticism of the Shield is something you said - It’s like Oz in that it just feels so fucking hokey and going “Are they trying to be serious with this? No way they are because its so ridiculous”. But Oz keeps that tone throughout the entire show. The Shield seems very hit or miss where at times its corny and other times its a serious show saying something. It’s also bogged down by the times. Stop with the Nu Metal music man.

lowend73

Forum Clout

Sons of Anarchy was a terrible show. The outlandish situations and actions by a small MC (beating the Cartel, etc). Kurt Sutter is not a bad writer, but you can definitely tell what show he had a hand in.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
Sons of Anarchy was a terrible show. The outlandish situations and actions by a small MC (beating the Cartel, etc). Kurt Sutter is not a bad writer, but you can definitely tell what show he had a hand in.
Also the biker gang being all kikes was nauseating. I lasted two episodes before I quit watching. And every single clip or scene posted here has reinforced that decision as being correct. "Tough jews will show you how fucking alpha they are!". First episode literally them making "my ancestor survived trains to Auschwitz" claims. Fags.

Last edited:

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Also the biker gang being all kikes was nauseating. I lasted two episodes before I quit watching. And every single clip or scene posted her has reinforced that decision as being correct. "Tough jews will show you how fucking alpha they are!".
I like how they completely copied the Sopranos by going “Whoa his mother who he loves is manipulative and controls the gang!! SHES THE REAL MOVER AND SHAKER!!” but they forgot Livia wasn’t literally ordering hits and murdering people. I’m not exaggerating when I say SOA might be the worst TV drama ever.