I Have Scalzi's Sales Numbers

This is so much fun. While we've found that Cat Rambo, the crazy cat lady who gave Patrick $100K from SFWA sells on average 12 copies of her book (you read that right, her Tabat novel sold TWELVE copies), Scalzi does a magnitude more, but it's clear he's losing gobs of money for Tor books.

His major latest novel, The Last Emperox only moved 12,000 units. Now I've only had one book personally that's sold more than that, but I also do not have a blue check, a whole fucking industry behind me giving me awards and NYT interviews, a big marketing department, or a $5 million contract. I just do this myself, by contrast, so it's pure profit. He needs to make $357,000 per book to be profitable, and at these sales numbers he is NOWHERE NEAR THAT. He's sunk.

His whole deal has been a grift. Tor is losing hundreds of thousands per book of his. No one wants his woke fake-Heinlein crap.

Assuming Tor makes $5 profit per book sold (which it's probably way less than that, but just being generous), that means he's made about $60,000 off of this, which means he is short about $300,000.

Assuming Scalzi can get $150 for a blowjob, it means he has to suck 2,000 dicks in order to make up the shortfall per book.

RobertMewler

There's no shame in self-promotion. You gotta pay your bills somehow.

It was Mary 3 Names who gave him the loan (not that it really matters since they're all the same amorphous blob living off the same vats of adrenochrome).

Do a search for Cat Rambo on this forum and you'll see we're well-acquainted with that ugly Pedo Pal.

> Cat Rambo, the crazy cat lady who gave Patrick $100K from SFWA

This is presumed, but it's never been completely confirmed.

Patrick insists he doesn't owe "a penny" to anyone for any lawsuit. Reading between the lines, this could mean almost anything.

I don't have a bone to pick with Patrick, but I am concerned that the SFWA may be wasting money on frivolous lawsuits and I would like to see the paper trail.

Also, I think they should release the full data on the number of their members who have molested children. For 3 or 4 science fiction writers out of ten to be arrested on child sex offenses doesn't seem too unreasonable to me. That can be put down to idle coincidence.

But the numbers that this non-accountable, closed-door cabal have been putting up recently is concerning to any parent or law enforcement professional.

At the very least, can the ringmaster Patrick Tomlinson be banned from Twitter until the smoke settles??

O-BLOCK NIGGA!

Ask me about my cock size
This is so much fun. While we've found that Cat Rambo, the crazy cat lady who gave Patrick $100K from SFWA sells on average 12 copies of her book (you read that right, her Tabat novel sold TWELVE copies), Scalzi does a magnitude more, but it's clear he's losing gobs of money for Tor books.

His major latest novel, The Last Emperox only moved 12,000 units. Now I've only had one book personally that's sold more than that, but I also do not have a blue check, a whole fucking industry behind me giving me awards and NYT interviews, a big marketing department, or a $5 million contract. I just do this myself, by contrast, so it's pure profit. He needs to make $357,000 per book to be profitable, and at these sales numbers he is NOWHERE NEAR THAT. He's sunk.

His whole deal has been a grift. Tor is losing hundreds of thousands per book of his. No one wants his woke fake-Heinlein crap.
I have a question: This place has been torturing Patrick with the fact that he's got UGATZ for sales figures, yet Patrick naturally denies his shitty career by yelling about how those numbers don't reflect all eBook and Audiobook sales.

Realistically: How much more could those have added, and is there a way YOU (or someone here) could get those numbers?

Last edited:

NoBacon

The gunslinger.

this doesn’t factor in the hundreds of thousands of copies he’s hand selling with Pat. Nice try with the hate though, have a good one.

G

14591153.jpg
Screen-Shot-2021-06-05-at-5.34.11-PM-1110x740.jpeg

NOT A FAGGOT