I hate this fucking country

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
As some of you may remember, I have a roommate who’s a real piece of work. I’ll keep this brief!
This weirdo kept asking me for rides everywhere so he could buy Apple gift cards. I kept telling him no. He was being really suspect about it and it got to the point where he begged me for $100. (I didnt give his sorry ass shit)
Turns out he not only got hardcore catfished, he put 4 grand on a gov travel card to buy a ton of Apple gift cards. (Thats stealing $4000 from the government, highly illegal) The cops came to our room and everything, he was caught. He never even met this “girl” (Indian man probably)
So me, being the naive guy I am, was delighted that this societal leech was not only gonna probably lose his honorable discharge, but also the benefits he would receive for life for a medical condition. (This asshole is 3 months away from being out of the military. 3 MONTHS!)
Well, today he tells me that he is getting an honorable discharge and also will be getting $3000 a month for life. He played dumb when I brought up the catfish thing, so maybe he’s lying. But god, just thinking about this absolute loser getting that money for life just pisses me off so bad. I cant do justice how much this guy sucks. He makes a mess, takes my beer. He’s clearly never faced consequences for being a piece of shit. I want him dead.
Now watch, Im gonna try to get pay for my actual neck pain next year and they’ll deny me. Im fawwkin jaded maaaaan.
I had to rant about this. There are so many other aspects to this story that I didnt even mention.

EraGodless

As some of you may remember, I have a roommate who’s a real piece of work. I’ll keep this brief!
This weirdo kept asking me for rides everywhere so he could buy Apple gift cards. I kept telling him no. He was being really suspect about it and it got to the point where he begged me for $100. (I didnt give his sorry ass shit)
Turns out he not only got hardcore catfished, he put 4 grand on a gov travel card to buy a ton of Apple gift cards. (Thats stealing $4000 from the government, highly illegal) The cops came to our room and everything, he was caught. He never even met this “girl” (Indian man probably)
So me, being the naive guy I am, was delighted that this societal leech was not only gonna probably lose his honorable discharge, but also the benefits he would receive for life for a medical condition. (This asshole is 3 months away from being out of the military. 3 MONTHS!)
Well, today he tells me that he is getting an honorable discharge and also will be getting $3000 a month for life. He played dumb when I brought up the catfish thing, so maybe he’s lying. But god, just thinking about this absolute loser getting that money for life just pisses me off so bad. I cant do justice how much this guy sucks. He makes a mess, takes my beer. He’s clearly never faced consequences for being a piece of shit. I want him dead.
Now watch, Im gonna try to get pay for my actual neck pain next year and they’ll deny me. Im fawwkin jaded maaaaan.
I had to rant about this. There are so many other aspects to this story that I didnt even mention.
Is this a bit?

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
How many years did he have to serve to get 3 Gs/month?
He couldn't be retiring if he was junior enough to be living in the barracks with OP. The whole thing sounds kind of fishy to be honest witchu. I guess he had some type of injury or maybe he just bullshitted the OP.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
How many years did he have to serve to get 3 Gs/month?
Its VA money. He’s being seperated because of a medical condition. Im gonna apply for it and see if I can get some for my neck, but Im not a fucking worm so I probably wont get it. Just how the world works I guess.
Also he only did 3 years of a 4 year commitment and is somehow getting all this shit, of course he could also be lying

i am not trying to be negative here but people like Pat is living the life. never worked for more than 2 hours of his life and hes buying all sorts of toys
Pat and his wife are both clinically depressed though. No vacations, action figures, or cape-shit will fill the gigantic void in their child-abandoning lives. He’ll never know the feeling of putting in a hard days work and coming home to the pitter patter of a wide eyed childs feet and hearing Daddy!!!
He’s a miserable fuck

G

A
Its VA money. He’s being seperated because of a medical condition. Im gonna apply for it and see if I can get some for my neck, but Im not a fucking worm so I probably wont get it. Just how the world works I guess.
Also he only did 3 years of a 4 year commitment and is somehow getting all this shit, of course he could also be lying
In that case how easy would it be to injure yourself and guarantee yourself VA money for the rest of your life?

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Pat and his wife are both clinically depressed though. No vacations, action figures, or cape-shit will fill the gigantic void in their child-abandoning lives. He’ll never know the feeling of putting in a hard days work and coming home to the pitter patter of a wide eyed childs feet and hearing Daddy!!!
He’s a miserable fuck
here the thing he already passed off his gene and some other fella is raising it. he can have a child next day if he decides to and the government is gonna to pay for it cause he knows how to cheat. hes way well off than maybe 95% of the people on this planet

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
A

In that case how easy would it be to injure yourself and guarantee yourself VA money for the rest of your life?
It would be very easy. Any day I wanted, I could trip and stumble into a moving tractor trailer and crush my foot while on duty. I would never do that though. First off, thats just a coward move. And second, nothings more important than your health. I couldnt imagine having a fucked up leg for the rest of my life and thinking man if I just stuck it out for one more year I could play basketball with my son in the driveway. That shit freaks me out. Maybe I could give myself a million dollar wound, but its not worth the risk of me botching it. I aint taking the Tomlinson way out

It would be very easy. Any day I wanted, I could trip and stumble into a moving tractor trailer and crush my foot while on duty. I would never do that though. First off, thats just a coward move. And second, nothings more important than your health. I couldnt imagine having a fucked up leg for the rest of my life and thinking man if I just stuck it out for one more year I could play basketball with my son in the driveway. That shit freaks me out. Maybe I could give myself a million dollar wound, but its not worth the risk of me botching it. I aint taking the Tomlinson way out
Maybe you could try to break your funny bone because you’re not using it right now anyway!!! O’Doyle rules!