I fucking HATE Tim Burton shit...

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Another hot take: I think Jack Nicholson is a terrible actor. He plays Jack Nicholson in every single movie. He does the same voice, has the same mannerisms, has that same too cool for the room attitude in every role he's ever been in.

The only time it worked for me was in The Shining because his personality came off as this weird detached dude that resented having a family.
Watch Five Easy Pieces or About Schmidt. Those are his two best performances by far.

G

Watch Five Easy Pieces or About Schmidt. Those are his two best performances by far.
About Schmidt was lulzy because Kathy Bates got naked. That shit was funny as hell.

preview (2).jpg

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Ray Wilson needs to be the next Batman.

I'm just sayin' what needs to be said.

My first starring role... If only I was "Guaranteed Pure" age, I'd have killed it.

Bring back Batfleck!

Seriously though, I hate superhero movies but that new Batman was fucking amazing. About time a bad guy fucking won in a capeshit movie.

I will see it when I get the next break on tour. I grew up a Sherlock Holmes fan and Batman is really the only capeshit I'll give a real chance to (unless Gosia makes me watch one).

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Don't forget he's got to have Danny Elfman do his music for everything too.

Fuck out of here with your weird pedophile song about fucking kids, Danny Elfman. You fucking cumia. Creepy lookin ass nigga.

It's a song about how would see old men with young girlfriends in Los Angeles, moron.

G

I reluctantly like Batman 89, purely because of Keaton. I never thought he'd be any good and he actually was. He knew how to brooooooddd. But everything else sucks in it.
I like the first Batman movie, even more now after seeing all the other horseshit from the last 30 years come out.

It actually feels like a comic book world, not trying to put Batman in a realistic world like all the other movies do, which is a ridiculous premise. I don’t give a shit about comic books but at the time it was novel.

G

He was great in both of those. He was also great in Chinatown and Cuckoo's Nest. In some ways winning the Oscar for CN hurt him. He became kind of over-reliant on that Wacko Jacko act, as seen in The Shining, Batman, A Few Good Men etc, but if you remember that his Randall McMurphy was a pretty original take when he did it, it's more impressive. People forget also that Nicholson came to Hollywood in the mid 50s or something. He ate shit and had little to no success for almost 15 years before he broke through with Easy Rider. Can't fault his self-belief and persistence.

G

He was also great in Cuckoo's Nest.
No he wasn't. He was Jack Nicholson in that movie.

You should read the book, because the movie sucks in comparison. The book is completely different it's told from the perspective of the Indian, and I'm convinced the academy gave that movie the award because of how good the book was and because of Louise Fletcher's performance.

G

No he wasn't. He was Jack Nicholson in that movie.

You should read the book, because the movie sucks in comparison. The book is completely different it's told from the perspective of the Indian, and I'm convinced the academy gave that movie the award because of how good the book was and because of Louise Fletcher's performance.
I read the book in my mid teens and found it a bit boring to be honest. Ponderous druggie waffle.

And Jack Nicholson irl is an art-collecting luvvie.
[MEDIA=youtube]ijAw7tOljEA[/MEDIA]

The wolfish, larger than life persona he found in Cuckoo's Nest and made a career out of is a performance in itself. Actors, eh. Lunatics.