• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I don't understand why this was career ending

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Timeline of Artie and this incident:

- 2001, Stern hired Artie to replace Jackie, Artie is a coke and booze addict.
- 2005, Artie begins using heroin during Beer League. Would use heroin likely until this very day.
- 2009 June, Artie goes on Joe Buck Live, does his rampage when HBO tells him "go crazy". Is on heroin during the show.
- 2009 July, Artie's DVD releases and becomes #1 comedy special. He celebrates by crashing his car and getting a DUI.
- 2009 November, Artie gets caught bringing his drug dealer and heroin to Sirius building.
- 2009 December, Joe Buck Live cancelled after two episodes.
- 2009 December, one day later, Artie fired from Stern. Suicide attempt in response.
- 2010 January, HBO removes Joe Buck Live from on-demand and streaming like show never existed.
- 2010 Janary, Stern Show begins removing Artie from all replays. Acting like he was never part of the show.

Point is that Artie's career died because of heroin. Not because of Joe Buck Live. No one even remembers Joe Buck Live.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout

- 2005, Artie begins using heroin during Beer League. Would use heroin likely until this very day.
- 2009 June, Artie goes on Joe Buck Live, does his rampage when HBO tells him "go crazy". Is on heroin during the show.
- 2009 July, Artie's DVD releases and becomes #1 comedy special. He celebrates by crashing his car and getting a DUI.
- 2009 November, Artie gets caught bringing his drug dealer and heroin to Sirius building.
- 2009 December, one day later, Artie fired from Stern. Suicide attempt in response.
- 2010 January, HBO removes Joe Buck Live from on-demand and streaming like show never existed.
- 2010 Janary, Stern Show begins removing Artie from all replays. Acting like he was never part of the show.

Point is that Artie's career died because of heroin. Not because of Joe Buck Live. No one even remembers Joe Buck Live.
The only drug that can destroy your life more quickly is meth. It’s truly insane to see it laid out like that. 4 years from starting H to his life being ruined.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout

Artie Lange first bought heroin in Wilmington, DE because someone he was working with at a comedy show said he should try it and they knew someone that could get it for him. After that Artie would drive from NY down to Wilmington DE after the Stern show was done for the day to meet his dealer. Wilmington DE is also where Hunter Biden scored crack and other drugs.

I guess Artie thought buying it in Delaware would keep it a secret.

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
What makes you place meth over heroin or crack? Genuinely asking
I'll give a genuine answer; meth causes longer-term delusions & craziness, heroin will just cause mild sedation (in a tolerant person) & is barely noticable - depending on dose. Crack is short-lived, but still makes people crazy... meth lasts for days of crazyness & lack of sleep, adding to the crazy

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Try listening to Artie on the Stern Show talking about this.... ooooof....
Artie's entire Sirius run is like this. He's obese from food and soda and booze and his voice just gets more and more of that 'fat' sound like Tony from the last few seasons of The Sopranos. But then you have the cocaine and heroin enlarging his heart and lungs and making him sound sluggish and bloated and on the verge of death. And on top of that he's not sleeping from partying and drugs and so he sounds completely out of it and because he's not paying attention half of what he says is miles off topic.

Artie from 2001 to 2004 was pretty entertaining. 2005 when the Beer League filming started he became a mess. And everything after that was hit or miss with more and more misses coming until he could no longer even make the show without fixing before the show and during the breaks. Finally he gets another DUI, brings his dealer into the Sirius building enough that it becomes obvious, gets fired, then tries to kill himself and his mother forces her way into his house because she knew he shouldn't be alone after being fired.

This was months before his firing and suicide. He was basically one binge or incident away from a full meltdown at all times. He was clear danger to people as well with all of the violent fighting and bringing other junkies and dealers around the Sirius building. I still laugh when I think of Anthony and Opie being fired for such stupid reasons. But the most violent and dangerous Stern staffers would get incredible protection.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Artie's entire Sirius run is like this. He's obese from food and soda and booze and his voice just gets more and more of that 'fat' sound like Tony from the last few seasons of The Sopranos. But then you have the cocaine and heroin enlarging his heart and lungs and making him sound sluggish and bloated and on the verge of death. And on top of that he's not sleeping from partying and drugs and so he sounds completely out of it and because he's not paying attention half of what he says is miles off topic.

Artie from 2001 to 2004 was pretty entertaining. 2005 when the Beer League filming started he became a mess. And everything after that was hit or miss with more and more misses coming until he could no longer even make the show without fixing before the show and during the breaks. Finally he gets another DUI, brings his dealer into the Sirius building enough that it becomes obvious, gets fired, then tries to kill himself and his mother forces her way into his house because she knew he shouldn't be alone after being fired.

This was months before his firing and suicide. He was basically one binge or incident away from a full meltdown at all times. He was clear danger to people as well with all of the violent fighting and bringing other junkies and dealers around the Sirius building. I still laugh when I think of Anthony and Opie being fired for such stupid reasons. But the most violent and dangerous Stern staffers would get incredible protection.
There was also when he had a mysterious black eye on stern that he said he got because he tripped and fell on a dresser but it was obviously not the case. Another junkie related mishap for Artie. Last time I saw Artie live was probably 10 or so years ago when he had a small role on the HBO show “Crashing” and did they did a small stand up tour for the show with Pete Holmes, Judd Apatow, Artie, and “special guests” depending on the city. I saw it in Philly at the Trocadero and the guest was big Jay (boo) and Artie was still doing his same act from 2003. After all that had happened he had no new material.

HomeRunCumia

Forum Clout

Mid 2008-2009 is when he went totally nuts, and kinda took over the Stern Show. I can't stand to listen to him from 2009, he was such a cringe addict..

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I still laugh when I think of Anthony and Opie being fired for such stupid reasons. But the most violent and dangerous Stern staffers would get incredible protection.
It should be stated that Howard Stern sued SXM for millions of dollars and nothing happened to him. He’s even more revered than he was then.