Howard & Opie pretending not to know people's names or deliberately mispronouncing HATE thread

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
It was always vurrry transparent when they would pretend not to know their enemies' names or mispronounce them.... just to show the guy isn't even on their fuckin' radar maaaaannnn and are so far beneath them.

Howard does it too often to even single out an occasion, but the Opester went fawkin' deep with that bit during the adam carolla feud. Constantly referring to the show as "LovelineS"

That is all. SNIFFFF

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Howard could get away with it because his show was bigger than any show he mocked, but Loveline had to be way more popular than Opie and Anthony during Carolla's tenure. It made Opie sound like he has a speech impediment. It was even funnier since Carolla ignored them.
Yeah, they had a massive MTV show with the same name, as well lol

love the Opester but he could be a bit of a silly goose sometimes :bhzv6yb:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I hated that stern in the later years (satellite) would pretend he had no idea about anyone else in radio. The guy was obsessed with other successful people in radio all his life. He claimed he had never heard of Ron & Fez when Fez Whatley died which is a lie, especially being a NY DJ and having Ron Bennington still at Sirius. I guess that’s some projecting insecurity he’s doing to pretend he’s never heard of someone else popular in radio.

Stern mentioned Fez Whatley on his show after Fez died and claimed he didn’t him or the Ron & Fez show and made it sound like the only notable thing Fez ever did was come out on the air (the worlds worst kept secret) because gay stuff is very important to Stern and not that Fez was a co-host on a popular radio show for close to 20 years. Sure Howie, you never heard of Ron & Fez while forever living in NYC. Lying wig wearing faggot.

Last edited:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
It was always vurrry transparent when they would pretend not to know their enemies' names or mispronounce them.
Howard had a dump button to specifically dump out O&A's names during his first tenure at Sirius. One time Artie mentioned O&A in passing because they had been suspended yet again (Homeless Charlie probably). And Howard audibly groaned because it was too much to dump and so Artie 'recovered' and said 'yeah those guy suck'. This would happen a couple more times as well where Artie or callers would mention O&A on Stern before the dump could grab it. Every other show Howard would mock but would be too afraid to mix things up with O&A because they would go after Howard in ways that tortured him

Opie not knowing names or mispronouncing stuff was also because he was a mush mouth. He would garble live reads and news reads as well. It took listeners hammering him in emails for him to say 'put' instead of 'but'. There was Voscabulary but also Opiecabulary as well.
He showed Joe that you can have a show we're people usually from The Craft sit around and shoot da shit before Opie And Anthony shows were wacky morning zoos
That never really happened on Stern though. Kinison and Gilbert would usually only get to riff during the news and could never initiate a topic. Stern's format at his peak was always using Robin's news with comic guests. Stuff like Robin reading a news story of a mass casualty event and Fred pounding on the 'Jackie laugh' sounds. When comics tried to control the show Howard would usually put an end to that. They never got to just sit in and riff with Howard without him controlling the topics.

When Kinison goofed on Howard by not showing up one time, Howard got into a huge fight with him. Because no one could goof on Howard. Meanwhile O&A would invite comics to roast their old WBAB or WAAF material regularly. Stern's format was Morning Zoo just laid out over four hours and no music.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Howard had a dump button to specifically dump out O&A's names during his first tenure at Sirius. One time Artie mentioned O&A in passing because they had been suspended yet again (Homeless Charlie probably). And Howard audibly groaned because it was too much to dump and so Artie 'recovered' and said 'yeah those guy suck'. This would happen a couple more times as well where Artie or callers would mention O&A on Stern before the dump could grab it. Every other show Howard would mock but would be too afraid to mix things up with O&A because they would go after Howard in ways that tortured him
People can goof on O&A’s “””obsession””” with Howie, or how irrelevant numbers wise to him they were (and thats a whole separate argument) but the fact is is that they GOT UNDER HIS FUCKING SKIN. All mentions of them banned on the show. The only competitor Howie was afraid to attack. Got the gag order on them. And why was that? It wasn’t because Howie feared their numbers or influence. It was because they were making fun of his whore daughter on air and saying she was going to fuck niggers.

I don’t give a shit how big you are. Howie is a thin skinned jew. You know that got to him, and I know it did because of the way he tried to censor them. Why did Howie avoid eye contact everytime Opie said hi to him in the morning? He shut the whole goddamn hallway down to get rid of the Destroyer.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

that nigga blessed if you ask me ❤️
I hated that stern in the later years (satellite) would pretend he had no idea about anyone else in radio. The guy was obsessed with other successful people in radio all his life. He claimed he had never heard of Ron & Fez when Fez Whatley died which is a lie, especially being a NY DJ and having Ron Bennington still at Sirius. I guess that’s some projecting insecurity he’s doing to pretend he’s never heard of someone else popular in radio.

Stern mentioned Fez Whatley on his show after Fez died and claimed he didn’t him or the Ron & Fez show and made it sound like the only notable thing Fez ever did was come out on the air (the worlds worst kept secret) because gay stuff is very important to Stern and not that Fez was a co-host on a popular radio show for close to 20 years. Sure Howie, you never heard of Ron & Fez while forever living in NYC. Lying wig wearing faggot.
Howard talked to the guy who was tasked with replacing him when he left for satellite and Hoo Hoo kind of sighed when saying OnA. Like he was begrudgingly acknowledging that they were probably the most logical choice but only because that guy brought them up. Artie once said, “funnier than any Ron and Fez show I’ve ever listened to and Howard just ignored him.”

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

People can goof on O&A’s “””obsession””” with Howie, or how irrelevant numbers wise to him they were (and thats a whole separate argument) but the fact is is that they GOT UNDER HIS FUCKING SKIN. All mentions of them banned on the show. The only competitor Howie was afraid to attack. Got the gag order on them. And why was that? It wasn’t because Howie feared their numbers or influence. It was because they were making fun of his whore daughter on air and saying she was going to fuck niggers.

I don’t give a shit how big you are. Howie is a thin skinned jew. You know that got to him, and I know it did because of the way he tried to censor them. Why did Howie avoid eye contact everytime Opie said hi to him in the morning? He shut the whole goddamn hallway down to get rid of the Destroyer.
Fair enough, however going after Stern’s family was kind of low but Howard would constantly bring up Imus’s wife so it’s almost like they were all thin skinned hypocrites.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Fair enough, however going after Stern’s family was kind of low but Howard would constantly bring up Imus’s wife so it’s almost like they were all thin skinned hypocrites.
Howard literally got Debellas wife on air and had him sit in his lap and shit talk him. He said Mancows father deserved to die and his mother was next. But suddenly when someone decided to give him the same treatment he ran crying to the bosses. Of course O&A were hypocrites but not nearly on the same scale…

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Howard literally got Debellas wife on air and had him sit in his lap and shit talk him. He said Mancows father deserved to die and his mother was next. But suddenly when someone decided to give him the same treatment he ran crying to the bosses. Of course O&A were hypocrites but not nearly on the same scale…
Wow, I can’t believe I’m defending Howard this vehemently. His daughters weren’t in the public eye whatsoever. At least Dierda (sic) was visible because of the public charity work through Mr. Imus’s ranch. Speaking to Debella’s wife: that sounds more like a her thing. I do think he went over the line when he had Jackie’s ex wife come on to do the dating game but I doubt Jackie cared. “I’m just an old hippy who drives a Volkswagen. I don’t need much! But pay me!”