• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How Much Does It Cost Nana to Run Compound Media?

G

part 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218_013840_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240218_013840_Messages.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20240218_013846_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240218_013846_Messages.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 138

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Let's say that each show on the network costs him an average of $100K to fully produce. This includes paying the hosts, the producers, the studios, the bandwidth, the archiving for one year of shows, any editing or extra work, marketing, and so on. There are ten shows on the network from what I can see with an eleventh coming up. But assuming that Anthony forgoes his own salary that's ten shows that he is paying for. So he's down $1million per year at least that he has to make back somehow.

Then you have him burning money in the past on failed projects like Legion of Skanks or hiring Artie Lange. Artie said his salary for Compound was $700K and that was without performance bonuses. And then his yearly allowance for Brother Joe. And who knows what other expenditures. Renting the studio in NYC is probably an added cost not factored into paying each show. He just moved into a new home and has a cash infusion from selling his house (at a loss) and moving into a smaller home.

The average Compound Media stream on his site was getting only hundreds of views. Being extremely generous and assuming he has between 5,000 and 6,000 paid subscribers, then at $84 yer pear for a sub, he might have $500,000 a year income in subs. Maybe some more from advertisements. Let's be generous and say another $100K.

So he is likely burning through $200K at the absolute minimum to keep Compound Media afloat. No way it makes money.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Anthony said on his show this week that the network is barely holding on. Which means that he has done the math and cannot afford to pay for the network out of his pocket anymore. Fans on his subreddit think that his best move is to close Compound Media fully, no more shows including his own, and for Anthony to move to another platform.

But if Anthony closes Compound Media, and it was a money loss overall, it would pain him for O&A fans to mock his failures. Especially when he failed without Opie propping him up as usual. On his own he could not succeed. Just like Jim seems to be not be able to do anything without leeching off of O&A's Sirius show and audience.

Forum Clout
Anthony said on his show this week that the network is barely holding on. Which means that he has done the math and cannot afford to pay for the network out of his pocket anymore. Fans on his subreddit think that his best move is to close Compound Media fully, no more shows including his own, and for Anthony to move to another platform.

But if Anthony closes Compound Media, and it was a money loss overall, it would pain him for O&A fans to mock his failures. Especially when he failed without Opie propping him up as usual. On his own he could not succeed. Just like Jim seems to be not be able to do anything without leeching off of O&A's Sirius show and audience.
Clip?

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
He also cant even deliver a constant product. He was inconsistent before the quad bypass and now its worse. He isnt mentioning that variable but has to be a big factor too. He wants to blame it all on being not profitable but I think he is realizing he just cant be reliable. Nana needs her rest and I can only imagine the stress of trying to keep his current format afloat.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
And then his yearly allowance for Brother Joe.
I’ll keep this brief (AGAIN):

It’s called RESIDUALS…Part of a NONVERBAL AGREEMENT 🤝🤝🤝between my BROTHER and ME when we were SCRAPING BY doing SHIT TIN KNOCKING WORK💪👷. Something your generation know NOTHING ABOUT whatsoEVER.🙄🙄🙄🙄

You wanna come after ME? Get your FACTS STRAIGHTℹ️ℹ️ℹ️ first, millennial FUCKTARD.

#jealousofme #boomersgotitbest #fuckmillenials #bigbrobucks

Forum Clout
Let's say that each show on the network costs him an average of $100K to fully produce. This includes paying the hosts, the producers, the studios, the bandwidth, the archiving for one year of shows, any editing or extra work, marketing, and so on. There are ten shows on the network from what I can see with an eleventh coming up. But assuming that Anthony forgoes his own salary that's ten shows that he is paying for. So he's down $1million per year at least that he has to make back somehow.

I think 100k per show is very generous. I'd say for the more popular shows Cumia might be paying them 200-500 bucks a week to host and the hosts just do it as a side hustle along with whatever else they're doing. I'm sure there are some shows on that network that are less popular and are probably being hosted for free as well, doesn't make sense to invest 100k into a show that might not even bring you 10% of that back.

Unfortunately for Anthony if he fails it is his fault entirely.

He came out of Sirius and many many O&A fans were very willing to support him along with a number of high profile ex O&A guests and both Jim and Opie as well. If he had just not been a horrible human being, never gone over the top with his racism or paedophile shit and just done a good show without burning bridges then he probably has Opie & Anthony as his headline show at Compound Media for the past 4-6 years, guests that people actually want to hear from, a much larger audience, much better finances and perhaps even a network that is appealing to a majority instead of a very small minority.

Silly Nana...

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I really cannot picture any scenario where Anthony lets everything else in his life fall apart from alcohol abuse but somehow has a solid grasp on CM’s monthly burn. I think it’s way more likely he drunkenly spent years tossing money at his dying company in denial and hoping for a miracle.

Now that he’s forced to be sober, he can’t avoid the fact that Compound media hasn’t made money in years, if it ever made money at all. The core business model was always fundamentally retarded and he was the only one who wasn’t aware of this.

They wasted way too much on unnecessary production so gay Anthony could cosplay as a Fox News host. They wasted way too much on a drug-addicted degenerate “cohost” who couldn’t be trusted to be alive the next day, much less show up for work.

Of course that never stopped them from putting him out there high as a kite, and featuring his mutilated face in 4K HD whenever they could.

Artie’s salary had to come from somewhere and it damn sure wasn’t going to come out of Keith or Anthony’s end so they took it from profitable shows like legion of skanks and ran them off.

All of that stupidity before anybody even says the word “paywall.”

Anthony is just finally realizing what Opie, Jim Norton, Ron Bennington, and Keith knew 5 years ago - CM is trash and deserves to die.