How much do you save?

HR@PaneraBread

it doesn't taste all that good
Fawkin showoff bigshots at Panera Bread®.
Well we weren't gonna mention it in case we came off like blustering buffoons but when you hit management it goes up to 100%. (Again, up to $10)

That's right, skipper. Keep putting in the 17 hour days and could get a free meal and a shit ton of paperwork. Every day.

Or you could just become a baker and 'accidentally of course' scuff enough of the product so you could eat for free.

I used to work with a guy who saved 50 dollars a month, and he didn't even invest it. Nigga thinks he can have a decent retirement with just a regular pension.

I think most people my age (30-40) don't realize how much the boomers have fucked us over. Life after 65 (or 70?) is going to be shit if you don't invest and prepare.

I used to work with a guy who saved 50 dollars a month, and he didn't even invest it. Nigga thinks he can have a decent retirement with just a regular pension.

I think most people my age (30-40) don't realize how much the boomers have fucked us over. Life after 65 (or 70?) is going to be shit if you don't invest and prepare.
People really don’t get it. I think they just don’t want to think about how they’ll actual get to retirement and therefore never do.

If you have any 401ks you can rollover from a previous job or different institution, do a backdoor roth. If you have a year with negative tax then you don't have to eat the tax that year either. Some years when I had some AMT carry over, I used that to offset the tax on the backdoor roth. That means basically that in that specific year I paid no tax (it was carry over so I had paid it previously) and can move 401k into a roth to grow tax free. There's also the mega backdoor https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/investing/mega-backdoor-roths-work

tl/dr : BUY HIGH SELL LOW GREGORRYYYY
Definitely something to keep in mind. Thanks

G

I've saved a good chunk through my 20s and invested most of it. Obviously it's shit now, but I keep buying in like a sucker. I'm trying to buy all the big companies that will stay around for the next 5-10 years while they are down.

I started a job that has a 401k and that makes a big difference I don't ever look at it and it's already built up a bit. Hopefully in 30 years I can atleast get a trailer somewhere and cruise around for a while.

Luckily my old man is a smart, organized, unselfish guy and will leave alot for me and my sister. My goal is to never have to touch his funds, be able to make it on my own, get some good life insurance, and my kids can be pretty comfortable in a world that's going to be inevitably harder. But if they turn out to be shitheads or nigger lovers they aren't getting a cent.

I've saved a good chunk through my 20s and invested most of it. Obviously it's shit now, but I keep buying in like a sucker. I'm trying to buy all the big companies that will stay around for the next 5-10 years while they are down.

I started a job that has a 401k and that makes a big difference I don't ever look at it and it's already built up a bit. Hopefully in 30 years I can atleast get a trailer somewhere and cruise around for a while.

Luckily my old man is a smart, organized, unselfish guy and will leave alot for me and my sister. My goal is to never have to touch his funds, be able to make it on my own, get some good life insurance, and my kids can be pretty comfortable in a world that's going to be inevitably harder. But if they turn out to be shitheads or nigger lovers they aren't getting a cent.
The money you invested will come back. I’m plugged into the S&P 500 almost exclusively and down about $30k this year. I’m not worried though. It sucks but I don’t think that Mad Max world is around the corner just yet

G

Don't be a panicky retard. The entire sp500 is not going to crash. The best time if you can afford it is to throw more percent Ina 401k during a downturn.

Stocks are basically on sale. If you're really scared lock in inflation bonds. Since inflation is high as shit bonds are returning like crazy and are as low risk as you can get aside from hoarding Trump gold playing cards.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-04-28/where-to-buy-series-i-bonds-inflation-linked-bond-yields-set-to-increase[/URL]
Thanks Quasi, as a man who has a full 17k available to spend I value your input on this

TheNanaDook

The money you invested will come back. I’m plugged into the S&P 500 almost exclusively and down about $30k this year. I’m not worried though. It sucks but I don’t think that Mad Max world is around the corner just yet
This - it's a *GREAT* time to buy, if you diversify your investments (index funds solid). Right now the entire market is down, if you buy now, when it goes back up, you own the same amount of shares but the shares are worth more. Buying when the market is hot is stupid.

Luckily my old man is a smart, organized, unselfish guy and will leave alot for me and my sister.

That's a dilemma though. On the one hand you want to inherit money, but on the other hand you want your parents to live as long as possible, which eats into the inheritance. It's a tough one man.

At the very least I know me and my brother will split hard assets worth a couple hundred thousands.

G

That's a dilemma though. On the one hand you want to inherit money, but on the other hand you want your parents to live as long as possible, which eats into the inheritance. It's a tough one man.

At the very least I know me and my brother will split hard assets worth a couple hundred thousands.
He should live to 110 and spend every penny because he deserves it. If he left me nothing it wouldn't bother me a bit. I just know he wouldn't do that.