• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How much did O&A actually steal from Howard? examples inside:

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
I always thought it was an overblown trope by da haterz, but I was watching some video on the rise & fall of Howard, & a couple things stuck out.

Lets make a list (they're always fun):

• Howard did the creepy Olsen twins thing, saying he found them hot at 13 (although still no way as creepy as AntH), & also did the 'countdown to they're legal'.
  • O&A did the bit (as seen on the HS movie 'Private Parts') where they got a broad to straddle a speaker naked while they made noises into the mic to vibrate her woofer.
  • Wackpack; Bobo, Big A, Danny Ross, stlaker Patti, etc
What some dem other copy we got?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Wack Pack was a name used by tons of others shows not just Stern. It was a take on the Rat Pack group of celebrities. O&A and Stern did tons of the same obvious bits. Like play the Mel Gibson tapes. Or talk about Tiger Woods for hours. Or act out of the plays of Virginia Tech shooter. Or song parodies, prank calls, sound effects, and other radio staples. Tons of jokes or ideas from O&A would make their way into shows like South Park or Breaking Bad without any credit for years.

Stern flat out has played O&A bits on the air before. Including some times where he would play the bit.....as played on O&A, and you could hear O&A literally laughing over the clip as Stern played it because it was taped from their radio show. Stern also claimed to have invented things like doing street interviews, doing mean interviews with celebrities, 'Whip'em Out Wednesdays', and so on. OAPedia used to have a list of Stern inventions.

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
Stern also claimed to have invented things like doing street interviews, doing mean interviews with celebrities, 'Whip'em Out Wednesdays', and so on. OAPedia used to have a list of Stern inventions.
I know bits going in every direction is common in radio, & Stern does do his 'I invented everything' schtick. Forget 'wack pack' then if you want but my 1st two are solid.
I'm not even saying I think it's much more than already-admitted influence (fair enough), I'm just asking questions

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
They pretty much duplicated the stern show in a non jewish way.
Not really. Stern's show was far more rigid and was not at all like a morning zoo or comedy show. Stern had Robin's News segment every single day which was something that his program directors forced on him all the way back in Washington but ended up being probably the longest running Stern 'bit' if you could call it that. Stern and Imus were doing their news comedy shows based on older talk formats.

Stern would eventually go fully into comedy and Imus would try political talk and then get himself destroyed when he tried to make a single race related joke. And O&A were more like Jackass or CKY than anything else on radio. Guys like Bubba or Mancow would steal from O&A like crazy to try to be edgy or just over the top stupid.

If you listen to Stern from the late 80s even up to maybe 2008 when Artie's heroin addiction is blowing up the show it barely resembles anything on O&A from WNEW through 2014. You can tell that everything on Stern is mostly scripted. Fake bits, fake callers, fake arguments, and so on. Remember how O&A would goof on Prepburger services? Stern used Prepburger and something called Electric Eel Radio that would give him scripted bits and callers. He still uses those services today.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
The DMAN loves Prince and Michael Jackson. He can talk minutia of why they were unique from each other... But in the end, it's all the same shit really... as far as most are concerned.

The greats copy and are influenced. At least O&A directly tried to outdo Howard by name. It's the fanboys who act like one show is perfect, and they have no use for the other show. The DMAN will straddle the fence on this. Howard was a brilliant jew satirist. Does being a jew sour the effect of getting away with naughty things? A tad... But it makes knowing O&A nearly caved-in his shit all the more beautiful.

Opie & Anthony was a CATHOLIC institution, untouched by Jewish or black hands. Other than when they started letting Danny Ross and Black Earl act like button-pushers, but so be it. The show started in Bawfusston. They only made it to NYC because the executive cowboy was willing to take a chance on them boys. And damn if he didn't regret that every day of his stanking life? We WANT you boys in the CBS family... You boys have a BRIGHT future with us. You boys are TALENTED. And you ALWAYS THROW IT AWAY. WHY!?!? I cannat bee A-Sociated with that!

If O&A stole Howard's gimmick, they did it to take it to the next level. A level that Howard never even attempted to compete against.

• O&A did the bit (as seen on the HS movie 'Private Parts') where they got a broad to straddle a speaker naked while they made noises into the mic to vibrate her woofer.

The DMAN can say this was 100% stolen by O&A. This is the one example that is just pathetic.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Wack Pack was a name used by tons of others shows not just Stern. It was a take on the Rat Pack group of celebrities. O&A and Stern did tons of the same obvious bits. Like play the Mel Gibson tapes. Or talk about Tiger Woods for hours. Or act out of the plays of Virginia Tech shooter. Or song parodies, prank calls, sound effects, and other radio staples. Tons of jokes or ideas from O&A would make their way into shows like South Park or Breaking Bad without any credit for years.

Stern flat out has played O&A bits on the air before. Including some times where he would play the bit.....as played on O&A, and you could hear O&A literally laughing over the clip as Stern played it because it was taped from their radio show. Stern also claimed to have invented things like doing street interviews, doing mean interviews with celebrities, 'Whip'em Out Wednesdays', and so on. OAPedia used to have a list of Stern inventions.
Jay Leno stole my whole show, hoo hoo. Fartman was the worst thing Stern ever did. So unbelievably unfunny.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Not really. Stern's show was far more rigid and was not at all like a morning zoo or comedy show. Stern had Robin's News segment every single day which was something that his program directors forced on him all the way back in Washington but ended up being probably the longest running Stern 'bit' if you could call it that. Stern and Imus were doing their news comedy shows based on older talk formats.

Stern would eventually go fully into comedy and Imus would try political talk and then get himself destroyed when he tried to make a single race related joke. And O&A were more like Jackass or CKY than anything else on radio. Guys like Bubba or Mancow would steal from O&A like crazy to try to be edgy or just over the top stupid.

If you listen to Stern from the late 80s even up to maybe 2008 when Artie's heroin addiction is blowing up the show it barely resembles anything on O&A from WNEW through 2014. You can tell that everything on Stern is mostly scripted. Fake bits, fake callers, fake arguments, and so on. Remember how O&A would goof on Prepburger services? Stern used Prepburger and something called Electric Eel Radio that would give him scripted bits and callers. He still uses those services today.

I remember being offended that they played this off as a real bit.