How did the "Opie filming Roland shit" event actually go down?

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
The logistics and everything of it are so peculiar. Did the Opester walk into the men's room and smell a particularly strong shit, and then recognized Roland's shoes and immediately whipped out da phone for da content? Was he already filming in the men's room (as is the Destroyer's custom) and Roland just happened to be in there? Did he proactively follow Roland in with the hopes of filming him defecate?

Did he actually start waving his phone above or below the stall in order to get crisper footage? How did he plan to ultimately use the shit footage? The whole thing is the emobidment of the "I mean I like Opie, but what is he doing?" meme

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
Roland is probably the person involved with the show I dislike most.
By far! And that's including Tom Papa and Mike Birbiglia. There was a time on the show where he was on for a good month straight. It was during that donut craze. I couldn't stand him even for a minute. He wasn't funny. His giggling everything about him is annoying

Consensual Rapist

私は爆発的な下痢をしています! ^_^
Well, Roland started squealing like a little piggy that it was squirt squirt time, then proceeded to ruin the toilet as he pranced away. The destroyer, having the 6th sense of comedy gold, got out his camera and went to film a real man-pig taking piggy shits.
Thought unfortunately for out beloved destroyer, the piggy squealed to upper management, telling them he will not suck another cock until Opie was fired.
Management, being the faggots they are, coiled in horror over loosing the piggy’s lush pussy like mouth, immediately fired the destroyer.
The piggy, satisfied with the results, sucked management’s cock for 40 days, and 40 nights.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
it was a fawking g rated video and the opester thinks hoo hoo got him fired!
This is probably true. Stern has done much worse to staff. Artie was bringing heroin into the building for years and trying to get his drug dealers through security and there wasn't a word about it until Artie became beyond erratic. Both Stern and O&A have berated staff members and even guests far worse than anything that Roland ever got either, and management never seemed to have real issues aside from a few particularly bad incidents. Sirius management didn't even blink at the 'cake stomp' video.

Howard definitely has it out for Opie more than probably anyone he ever dealt with in radio besides his own staff members who he came to hate like Stuttering John, Scot the Engineer, Tim Sabean, and so on. And Sirius's management was pretty much all Stern cronies by the time Jim and Sam became a show. So any excuse to fire Opie would be used to get him out of the company. And Anthony stood no chance of ever being rehired either.

Sirius were looking for any reason to fire Opie. Roland gave them the ammunition that they needed. Which is no surprise as Roland had complained to HR and management many times before. And used to complain to the back office and even to O&A that he didn't want comics making fun of him. There was the infamous time where Vos kept making fat jokes at Roland and Roland said "Letterman? No. Leno? No. Not going to see Rich Vos there". And you can literally hear his voice shaking because he is so upset at being called fat.

There was a bit of previous to this event, in that Opie had been complaining to management about Roland. Wasn’t getting him good guests or something.

I don’t think the specifics of the photo were ever made public but I imagine it was something along the lines of Opie and his guys going to the bathroom, they see Roland walk in to one of the stalls, and the destroyer sticks his phone over the top of the cubicle to get a picture. He would never do it if he was on his own.

Mick_Mickerson

It wasn't even really the video that got him fired. It the threatening to release it, as he did tweet out and sherrod said on air, basically blackmailing a member of staff. It may have been a joke for Opie but when it's someone who thinks you are a dick the joke isn't funny on their side of it let alone the genuine risk of a Weiner type situation
this makes it seem like he really did walk in and just happened to notice Roland shitting and couldn't help himself and needed to film it lmao

dude was almost 60 at the time. just an all-around peculiar situation :bhzv6yb:

Screenshot_2023-09-06-18-42-49-43_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-06-18-42-49-43_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-06-18-42-49-43_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 11

Mick_Mickerson

This is probably true. Stern has done much worse to staff. Artie was bringing heroin into the building for years and trying to get his drug dealers through security and there wasn't a word about it until Artie became beyond erratic. Both Stern and O&A have berated staff members and even guests far worse than anything that Roland ever got either, and management never seemed to have real issues aside from a few particularly bad incidents. Sirius management didn't even blink at the 'cake stomp' video.

Howard definitely has it out for Opie more than probably anyone he ever dealt with in radio besides his own staff members who he came to hate like Stuttering John, Scot the Engineer, Tim Sabean, and so on. And Sirius's management was pretty much all Stern cronies by the time Jim and Sam became a show. So any excuse to fire Opie would be used to get him out of the company. And Anthony stood no chance of ever being rehired either.

Sirius were looking for any reason to fire Opie. Roland gave them the ammunition that they needed. Which is no surprise as Roland had complained to HR and management many times before. And used to complain to the back office and even to O&A that he didn't want comics making fun of him. There was the infamous time where Vos kept making fat jokes at Roland and Roland said "Letterman? No. Leno? No. Not going to see Rich Vos there". And you can literally hear his voice shaking because he is so upset at being called fat.
Opie's unique transgression probably brushed up aganist a lot of "red lines" that make it tough to come back from, from a corporate HR standpoint lol

plus they weren't really doing the shock jock game at that point...wasn't it 2016?

Even Stern would probably be in trouble if he was filming JD on the shitter against JD's wishes and JD lodged a formal complaint

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
He's an angry panda!

Is he, funster?

Fat sweaty, big head spic.
Jim Norton is a raging faggot, funster.

Look at how he sucked up to other “real men” who could give him spots. When Erock listed Jay Leno above Conan on his heroes list Jimmy goes “Good pick sir, good pick.” As if he’s the arbitrator of funny. Spends 3 hours over multiple shows shitting on Conan because Leno is “his guy.” Defending the shit out of Rogan as a brutalizing physical threat during the Carlos Mencia shit.

Probably the wormiest interaction was during Master Po Memories. Everyone is recounting for thirty minutes how much they hate the guy, how insane he was, how shady he was, how he was a complete fucking fraud, and Norton has to jump in and go “Yeah I don’t know man I like Po a lot I miss him.”, no doubt fearing the physical retaliation if it got back to Po…(not like he could do anything. They expose him as a martial arts fraud in this exact clip.) It shows that Norton is just as wormy as kikelet Danny described. “Ok so Po burned down a dojo built by fans in insurance fraud. And I personally got emails from women warning us of him. And he completely lied about his fighting abilites to get on the show. And was an overall neurotic creep stealing women who were guest’s IDs…But I liked him man. Genuinely.”

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Even Stern would probably be in trouble if he was filming JD on the shitter against JD's wishes and JD lodged a formal complaint
No way. Howard is immune from everything. He literally has sued Sirius more times than he has signed for a contract with them and they don't care. Every contract he signs with them brings two lawsuits yet nothing happens. Howard is like Woody Allen at this point. He could get caught banging his own daughters and molesting infants and Sirius wouldn't mind. He is like the Biden of Sirius. Too big to fail and propped up with false numbers.

Short of like some Harvey Weinstein level fall from grace, Howard will probably die broadcasting for Sirius. And Howard won't have anything like the Weinstein situation as that involves actually leaving your home more than once a year and not living like the Man the Iron Mask (Iron Wig?). Guy is a total hermit and does his show from his basement (pre-recorded allegedly).

Mick_Mickerson

There was a bit of previous to this event, in that Opie had been complaining to management about Roland. Wasn’t getting him good guests or something.

I don’t think the specifics of the photo were ever made public but I imagine it was something along the lines of Opie and his guys going to the bathroom, they see Roland walk in to one of the stalls, and the destroyer sticks his phone over the top of the cubicle to get a picture. He would never do it if he was on his own.
Ya think the Opester was a bit of a terror when he had his guysssss with him? I could see that. During that era, both O & A were peak passive agressive and trying to demonstrate how much "FUN" they were having without the other.

The Opester and his guysss probably stomped around like frat boys at a college bar everywhere they went, causing a ruckus. Roland got in their path that fateful day...

Mick_Mickerson

No way. Howard is immune from everything. He literally has sued Sirius more times than he has signed for a contract with them and they don't care. Every contract he signs with them brings two lawsuits yet nothing happens. Howard is like Woody Allen at this point. He could get caught banging his own daughters and molesting infants and Sirius wouldn't mind. He is like the Biden of Sirius. Too big to fail and propped up with false numbers.

Short of like some Harvey Weinstein level fall from grace, Howard will probably die broadcasting for Sirius. And Howard won't have anything like the Weinstein situation as that involves actually leaving your home more than once a year and not living like the Man the Iron Mask (Iron Wig?). Guy is a total hermit and does his show from his basement (pre-recorded allegedly).
I don't think he'd get fired like the Opester, obviously, but I think one of their lawyers would tell him "Hey , cut that shit out ASAP and apologize" or something to that effect

It's, uh.... not a great look from da HR perspective SNIFFFF:bhzv6yb: