• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How did Chip “evolve”?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Screenshot_20230615-164307.png

Putting up the numbers. I like Colin and everything but what is he doing?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Chip went from a character created to annoy his beard girlfriend to a character created to annoy the audience.
This is another Norton lie. That every single character he brought to the show started out as a bit to 'annoy his girlfriend'. He said it about Chip, Uncle Paul, Edgar, and a few other characters. Rather than tell a unique lie about each character and have to remember them, the lie was the same for every character. "I started this character to annoy my girlfriend".

The fact is that Chip started out as a Jerky Boys ripoff plain and simple. It was simply Norton stealing the character and doing the exact same lines and mannerisms. Verbatim. Eventually Chip started doing stuff like making deliberately bad jokes. Which Colin Quinn immediately knew was just Norton throwing out his own jokes but in the Chip voice. "Chip is just Jim at his base level". In fact if you listen to full O&A shows before Chip became a thing.....you will hear an endless barrage of Chip lines just done in Norton's normal voice.

Then Chip started doing things like laughing at bad jokes. So Chip would laugh at the soccer mom humor of the shows that were being Jocktobered. Or if a caller said a line that bombed or whatever Chip would laugh. Or if someone told an obvious lying story like Tucker Max style then Chip would say "fuck yeah" and believe them sarcastically.

Then Chip started telling stories that were obviously fake. Like he used to date supermodels. Killed a mountain lion with just his bare hands. Climbed Mount Everest. Was in a famous rock band. He would pretend to be an expert on everything. Chip became that kid in high school who lies about everything. This was definitely a goof on Opie telling all of his lies and bad stories.

Then finally Chip started talking about his own upbringing. Like his mother and Lamar her friend. And constantly telling stories of a black man banging his mom but as Chip. Or stories of Chip's friends and all of the things that they did as kids. Like the time he burned his friend alive in a treefort and watched him die because a bully told him to do it.

Chip once called in as 'curse man' to mock that old WAAF bit. And his curse word was 'peckahs'.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
This is another Norton lie. That every single character he brought to the show started out as a bit to 'annoy his girlfriend'. He said it about Chip, Uncle Paul, Edgar, and a few other characters. Rather than tell a unique lie about each character and have to remember them, the lie was the same for every character. "I started this character to annoy my girlfriend".

The fact is that Chip started out as a Jerky Boys ripoff plain and simple. It was simply Norton stealing the character and doing the exact same lines and mannerisms. Verbatim. Eventually Chip started doing stuff like making deliberately bad jokes. Which Colin Quinn immediately knew was just Norton throwing out his own jokes but in the Chip voice. "Chip is just Jim at his base level". In fact if you listen to full O&A shows before Chip became a thing.....you will hear an endless barrage of Chip lines just done in Norton's normal voice.

Then Chip started doing things like laughing at bad jokes. So Chip would laugh at the soccer mom humor of the shows that were being Jocktobered. Or if a caller said a line that bombed or whatever Chip would laugh. Or if someone told an obvious lying story like Tucker Max style then Chip would say "fuck yeah" and believe them sarcastically.

Then Chip started telling stories that were obviously fake. Like he used to date supermodels. Killed a mountain lion with just his bare hands. Climbed Mount Everest. Was in a famous rock band. He would pretend to be an expert on everything. Chip became that kid in high school who lies about everything. This was definitely a goof on Opie telling all of his lies and bad stories.

Then finally Chip started talking about his own upbringing. Like his mother and Lamar her friend. And constantly telling stories of a black man banging his mom but as Chip. Or stories of Chip's friends and all of the things that they did as kids. Like the time he burned his friend alive in a treefort and watched him die because a bully told him to do it.

Chip once called in as 'curse man' to mock that old WAAF bit. And his curse word was 'peckahs'.
I thought Chip was something Florentine would do around Jim and he stole it like his entire persona.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
I thought Chip was something Florentine would do around Jim and he stole it like his entire persona.
The fact that Chip's first catchphrases and mannerisms are verbatim from the Jerky Boys leads me to believe that this is not true. Practically every single radio show stole a persona from the Jerky Boys prank calls. Scott and Todd based a bunch of their characters and regular fake prank calls on ones from the Jerky Boys. Just like those old Tube Bar calls to Red were copied by every single radio show ever.

HipTuckerCumia

hard drive full of CP media
Forum Clout
On some level Chip was a sort of a semi-conscious therapy excercise. Jim putting out all the embarrassing stuff from his own past through a (stolen) character. Thinking you're funny when you are bombing, trying way too hard to be cool, lying about your life to be more interesting. No way Jim didn't go around bragging how heavy and satanic his favorite bands were.

It evolved into... whatever the fuck this is. Sad!

rDJI1dZ.png

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout

So Jim was right. Chip did evolve.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
So Jim was right. Chip did evolve.
Yeah so did Uncle Paul and Ted and a few other characters. Edgar went from being an old weak man to being a mob associate who was murdered and during the mob hit had a dry mouth. Uncle Paul didn't just have the kid molester angle he also had the wife who was burned across her entire body except for her legs so she would wear short skirts to show her unburned parts.

Chip definitely changed over the time. But Chip never became separate from that initial Jerky Boys plagiarism.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
Yeah so did Uncle Paul and Ted and a few other characters. Edgar went from being an old weak man to being a mob associate who was murdered and during the mob hit had a dry mouth. Uncle Paul didn't just have the kid molester angle he also had the wife who was burned across her entire body except for her legs so she would wear short skirts to show her unburned parts.

Chip definitely changed over the time. But Chip never became separate from that initial Jerky Boys plagiarism.
I completely forgot Uncle Paul was married until reading your post. You think she was aware of Paul’s behavior? I hope she didn’t help him.