Hellraiser 1 and 2

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
I like the first one but all the others are awful. I wrote this in another post on here but Hellraiser has to be the worst fucking horror franchise, it's so bad.
It’s because all of them after the first two(?) are scripts that were completely unrelated to Hellraiser that were then shoehorned in for brand recognition. They weren’t meant to be Hellraiser stories

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
Barker also claimed he was writing the Scarlet Gospels to reveal Pinheads real name and came up with “HellPriest”.
I think Clive Barker just needed some quick cash since he'd been ill for a few years so he dusted off one of his novels from the drawer and slapped the Hellraiser brand on it.

Scarlet Gospels reads like a Harry D'Amour novel with the Cenobites and Hellraiser mythos shoehorned into it. It doesn't fit with the tone of Hellbound Heart or the movies at all.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Hellraiser is a movie that several of my friends have made me watch. I always sat there not getting what was going on and being like "This is gay. Like, actually gay." And they'd assure me that it's awesome and not gay.

I had a buddy who wanted to watch Top Gun all the time too. Gay movie. It's not even just the volleyball part, the whole thing's gay.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Hellraiser is a movie that several of my friends have made me watch. I always sat there not getting what was going on and being like "This is gay. Like, actually gay." And they'd assure me that it's awesome and not gay.

I had a buddy who wanted to watch Top Gun all the time too. Gay movie. It's not even just the volleyball part, the whole thing's gay.
The romance subplot between Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis was added after Top Gun was already filmed and completed. Test audiences wondered why Tom Cruise never slept with her or married her because the romance angle was something that seemed like it would be part of the movie. But it was literally not in the script at all. He literally meets her at the bar, strikes out, and she turns out to be his instructor. That was it. But audiences hated that.

So they had to go back and film the entire romance subplot after the entire movie was already done. But Kelly McGillis shaved her head for her next movie and the had to shoot all of the new scenes with her wearing a hat or wearing a wig and her standing behind a curtain or blurred glass. Watch the romance scenes closely and she is either wearing a hat or they are shooting her from like 50 feet away with a wig on.

Just another reason why the movie comes across as insanely faggy.