Hellraiser 1 and 2

G

A limited amount of jews were involved in the creation of these movies, so I decided to finally watch them. They're both on YouTube.

They were genuinely unsettling. The 2nd one ruins the creepiness of the 1st (like giving backstory on the cenobites, or showing how they can be killed pretty easily), but introduces new creepy things, like the doctor having that realization of all the bad things he's done in Hell.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Like most horror movies the original is the only good one. I’ve watched hellraiser 1 like 100 times and still enjoy it. The second one is watchable but nowhere near as good. I like the concept of the lament configuration.. it’s the ultimate carnal indulgence for people who are so obsessed and jaded by the pursuit of physical pleasure that they’re willing to unlock the gates of hell in order to experience the limits of human sensation. Clive Barker (creator) was a faggot and I think the film is meant to be a commentary on homosexuality and hedonism in general

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
Like most horror movies the original is the only good one. I’ve watched hellraiser 1 like 100 times and still enjoy it. The second one is watchable but nowhere near as good. I like the concept of the lament configuration.. it’s the ultimate carnal indulgence for people who are so obsessed and jaded by the pursuit of physical pleasure that they’re willing to unlock the gates of hell in order to experience the limits of human sensation. Clive Barker (creator) was a faggot and I think the film is meant to be a commentary on homosexuality and hedonism in general
It is. If you read the Hellbound Heart, which is the book he wrote that became Hellraiser, Frank is essentially the avatar of the self-destructive endpoint of unfettered hedonistic pursuits.

I truly truly love that book and first movie.

G

They always seemed like faggot horror movies. Now I'm an open-minded fellow who doesn't necessarily equate the word "faggot" with homosexuals. For example, there's no proof that Rick Tomlinson is homosexual but he's 100% a faggot. But Clive Barker is gay and his horror books/films seem to be faggotry of the highest order. Give me Rosemary's Baby/Halloween over that any day.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
1649549246160.png

G

It is. If you read the Hellbound Heart, which is the book he wrote that became Hellraiser, Frank is essentially the avatar of the self-destructive endpoint of unfettered hedonistic pursuits.

I truly truly love that book and first movie.
Hellbound Heart is fantastic. The audiobook is great to listen to as you fall to sleep.
[MEDIA=youtube]juHv3ZWUwBY[/MEDIA]

I am a huge fan of the original Hellraiser movie. The second Hellraiser is good too, but in a similar way to how Aliens is good but Alien could/should be viewed as it's own standalone film.

Harry Powell

They always seemed like faggot horror movies. Now I'm an open-minded fellow who doesn't necessarily equate the word "faggot" with homosexuals. For example, there's no proof that Rick Tomlinson is homosexual but he's 100% a faggot. But Clive Barker is gay and his horror books/films seem to be faggotry of the highest order. Give me Rosemary's Baby/Halloween over that any day.
Did you actually watch the first Hellraiser?

BraunsGhost

Call me a faggot but I like them all. Part 6, Hellseeker, is my favorite. 1-3 are essential. 4 is good but they went all stereotype and they ended up in space. 5 is a good movie but the minimal use of Pinhead was unacceptable. 7-10 aren't the greatest movies, but still watch them. You'll either like them or wonder (((who))) ever gave these (((people))) money to make films.

G

Just now breezed through the original for the first time ever. Not bad. I'm now really only interested in th history of the cenobites.

Do any of the movies focus on their origin story?

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Just now breezed through the original for the first time ever. Not bad. I'm now really only interested in th history of the cenobites.

I raced through 1 and 2 tonight. In 2 you find out Pinhead's origin, but it always comes back to "the puzzle box changed them." The other Cenobites have similar origins, but you get no details.

Midian9876

Watched like 2/3rds of it tonight due to this thread.

There’s some metal song that has the ‘Demons to some, angels to others’ line in it that I have heard like 200 times and now I can’t remember where it’s from. Tried googling and no luck.

Anyway fun movie to knock back a few beers and do my taxes to.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
I love all that Clive Barker shit. Books of Blood, Hellbound Heart, Imajica, Cabal.
I go deep with the Hellraiser franchise and I've always thought Lord of Illusions is pretty underrated film.
Candyman is a fawkin masterpiece, he didn't direct it, but its based on his story.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
I like the first one but all the others are awful. I wrote this in another post on here but Hellraiser has to be the worst fucking horror franchise, it's so bad.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard

Hellraiser 2 has Pinheads hosts backstory. I think Barker wrote comic books about the origins of the box and cenobites but Barker also claimed he was writing the Scarlet Gospels to reveal Pinheads real name and came up with “HellPriest”.
Female cenobites was a Nun,
Chatterer was a kid though the actor who played his wrote some poem or something about his being a comedian.
And Bob Kelly was Butterball

Harry Powell

I love all that Clive Barker shit. Books of Blood, Hellbound Heart, Imajica, Cabal.
I go deep with the Hellraiser franchise and I've always thought Lord of Illusions is pretty underrated film.
Candyman is a fawkin masterpiece, he didn't direct it, but its based on his story.
Thief of Always blew my fawkin’ head off when I was 8 or 9. Great kids horror book.