• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Have People Not Realized That Everything Entertainment Related Is A Fucking Parody of What Was Once Entertaining?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I have an idea to remake The Godfather with Donnie Wahlberg in the Brando role and his name is Don Wahlberg of the Wahlberg family. I still star as Sal "The Godfather" Tessio.

It was a lot funnier when I was just thinking about it.

"I wish ya many blessin's on da day of ya child's birth.

Say hi to ya mutha for me!"

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Maybe I'm taking crazy pills, but tours like this are a gathering of idiots and rubes? Why would any sane person spend one ounce of energy or money to attend this tour in 2024? It makes zero sense- are people under some mass hypnosis that they must consume pop culture, no matter how shitty it may be?

I can't imagine the reason why people would physically pay money- and sit through this shit. Are there really not any more entertaining things to do with your time? I'd rather play with sticks and mud for a few hours than sift thru this-

Do the people paying not understand the downright cynism and contempt these aging goofs have for their fans?

I think it's because everything entertainment related today is such utter shit that even mediocre bands/shows/movies from the 90s are better

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I think it's because everything entertainment related today is such utter shit that even mediocre bands/shows/movies from the 90s are better

I mean, there's some truth there, in general.

Modern sci Fi is modeled off Star Wars - all visual, no depth. Very rarely does anyone do anything unique or actually use the genre as a metaphor for modern problems like Star Trek used to do.

It's why I'll blindly buy a movie when it's not based on an IP or has an original concept.

Example: I stumbled across this movie at an outlet called Needle In A Timestack. Stupid title and Orlando Bloom aside, the idea of an ex husband getting back at his ex wife by using time travel to ensure she never meets her new husband... That's so fucking weird and different that I had to buy it out of respect.

But that's what I'm reduced to, strange low budget tripe just to see something different. There's no more Primer or Equilibrium being made nowadays - it's Star Wars something or Marvel something, or god forbid some terrible Chinese shit.

And if any of you counter with "Dune", I'll punch you in the fucking throat.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
I have an idea to remake The Godfather with Donnie Wahlberg in the Brando role and his name is Don Wahlberg of the Wahlberg family. I still star as Sal "The Godfather" Tessio.

It was a lot funnier when I was just thinking about it.
"Can I beat up a vietnamese man, Sal? For old times sake?"
"can't do it Marky."

you know I looked into that though and I always heard he blinded the guy but it turns out he'd lost the sight in that eye fighting for the ARVN in Vietnam. They tracked the guy down and he was basically like "yea it was a bad experience but there wasn't any permanent harm done".

Forum Clout
Have People Not Realized That Everything Entertainment Related Is A Fucking Parody of What Was Once Entertaining?

So, according to Frederic Jameson 'it' is not parody, even if 'it' is wrapped in multiple layers or irony, but pastiche. The left cultural critics predicted this turn towards pastiche, ahistorical revivalism and endless recycling of hollowed out imagery some 40 years ago, claiming that this is the logical end state of capitalist consumer culture.

In the neo-liberal era political movements, for example, can also be seen more as symbolical re-enactments (like a new band using a retro style sound and imagery) or zombie versions (like these bands whose cultural moment was decades ago refusing to die) of old protest movements from a previous era than real movements with current messages.
Ever notice how people who whine about muh capitalism are always sheltered privileged kids who grew up in comfortable surroundings in first world countries? I never hear third world people whining about CAPITALISM WAAHHHH!!! because they're LITERALLY TRYING TO MAKE MONEY TO GET FOOD TO EAT.

No it was you leftist shitheads that destroyed our culture, beginning in earnest in the 1960s, and now there is no vitality left in it so people are yearning for the past even though they don't know why. Watch old movies, people used to have culture then before you destroyed everything. And now you have whiny little faggots like @1950'sSpaceProgram and @Queefer Sutherland who talk like snarky emo teenagers even though they're well into their 30s/40s. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Forum Clout
And now you have whiny little faggots like @1950'sSpaceProgram and @Queefer Sutherland who talk like snarky emo teenagers even though they're well into their 30s/40s.
Yet another reminder that your faggoty "feud" with me started when I mocked nerd culture YouTubers in their mid 30's who surrounded themselves with mountains of children's toys, and you autistically fired back "They can afford all those toys because they got RICH doing that!" so I'm not taking your remarks on who's too old to play snarky internet queer with any importance.

The Donald.jpg

BASED!

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
Ever notice how people who whine about muh capitalism are always sheltered privileged kids who grew up in comfortable surroundings in first world countries? I never hear third world people whining about CAPITALISM WAAHHHH!!! because they're LITERALLY TRYING TO MAKE MONEY TO GET FOOD TO EAT.

No it was you leftist shitheads that destroyed our culture, beginning in earnest in the 1960s, and now there is no vitality left in it so people are yearning for the past even though they don't know why. Watch old movies, people used to have culture then before you destroyed everything. And now you have whiny little faggots like @1950'sSpaceProgram and @Queefer Sutherland who talk like snarky emo teenagers even though they're well into their 30s/40s. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
This fag thinks the era of the Hays Code was the height of our culture.

:fighter_sm: