• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Have any of you tried your hand at stand up before?/Are/ were any of you working comics?

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
I played in a comedy band throughout high school and that was a lot easier cuz the punk rock clubs and house shows are a lot more accepting of just insane shit. I think I've told this story before but just to piss off the following act we once played the same song 13 times in a row totally fucking up the schedule and the audience was fine with it
I just remembered the best heckle of that era. My bassist paused to tune his bass and some one in the audience shouted "it won't make a difference!"

Mustard

you want to lick me, dont you?
Forum Clout
I just remembered the best heckle of that era. My bassist paused to tune his bass and some one in the audience shouted "it won't make a difference!"
Again, you're an incredibly gay person to have been in any kind of band. Any kind of involvement with music beyond listening to it is strictly homosexual activity

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Again, you're an incredibly gay person to have been in any kind of band. Any kind of involvement with music beyond listening to it is strictly homosexual activity
Mustard. You write gay movie scripts and send them to people who don't read them. At least I was surrounded by friends when I did my gay shit.

Ronnie G

Forum Clout
I live in LA County and have dabbled in the comedy writing/content creation universe, though never had the desire to perform outside of a childhood daydream.

I've met some comics along the way, one of which I'd consider a friend and watched become "famous." He started out doing shitty bar gigs, then submitting jokes for shows, eventually getting a paid writing gig for a multi-season sitcom, and even taped a special (which did get picked up). He's a good guy and very humble, but absolutely tows the Hollywood line and befriended the right people. As an aside, he's shockingly unfunny in public, not because he says lame things but because he says almost nothing as he's likely baked due to social anxiety.

chocolatehellhole

My posts here will be studied by Somali academics
Forum Clout
@Mustard is a tentative homo

Screenshot_16-10-2024_201149_pfgforums.com.jpeg

Mustard

you want to lick me, dont you?
Forum Clout
Alright now it's my fucking turn. I had planned a few years ago on doing a set at an open mic but never went through with it. So, I wrote roughly twenty five jokes or so and I only can recall one which was the opener. This was back when climate activists were constantly in the news doing stupid shit:

"Jeez, you know what's with these climate activists you hear about? I got here by bus tonight, I usually take my car though but couldn't. My car is a real gas guzzler, you know. Anyway I went to my garage and a climate activist was glued to my Escalade."

42eb4ad6123fa1f7e6582bb958fe17cb.jpg