• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Have any of you tried your hand at stand up before?/Are/ were any of you working comics?

Mustard

you want to lick me, dont you?
Forum Clout
Alright so I'm positive some of you were stand ups at some point, or we're trying to make it into a career and failed. There's lot's of clever brothermen on here, and I get the feeling they're aware of how good they are at crafting a joke and are likely confident enough to have tried it at some point (or perhaps maybe are still actively doing it? 🤔) well if that's true then I wanna hear your stories and just a taste of your joke material.

Forum Clout
I met a hot piece of ass on the town one Monday night, we were pretty drunk and came upon a bar doing its weekly open mic.

I was trying to impress her and to show how SPONTANEOUS i am so im like hey babe, check this and go up on stage.

Did a 3 minute bit about bus lanes and just pictured the Seinfeld baseline in the background as i went along something like:

Booooowwwwwwwwbadabadbabashababdad

(Bumbondondondop)

"So we've got bus lanes all over place now, somebody at city hall actually thought this was a good idea. They decided we need more traffic!"

Soke corny shit like that and people actually laughed. Hopped right off the stage and had sex that night 😎

EraGodless

Forum Clout
I have dome it a few times. I did okay for the most part, except the time I went up and tried to wing it. Not gud. I'll leave it at that- Pat level crickets and I gave myself the hook after 3 or 4 minutes.

Edit: I'm working on a solid minute for Kill Tony and a bucket pull. Seriously. I've got this gold bit on Ovaltine. It kills like 60% of the time.

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Forum Clout
Tried it once when I was 21. My only bit was a story of a psycho ex who would give me these poor handjobs whilst looking at me like a serial killer. It got a loud laugh, genuinely. Granted, the people in attendance were my friends and one of their parents (it was birthday) along with their friends, so mostly boomers.

After that I started meandering and saw a few people leaving so I said fuck it, walked off stage, and bought myself a Stella.

Not the most embarassing thing I've ever done though.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Hosted a talent show at church and did a bunch of Mitch Hedberg jokes. That's it for standing on a stage and just telling jokes, although if I'm drunk on stage I'll do quite a bit of rambling between songs that is sometimes pretty funny. At some point doing open mic like 15 years ago, after my set this dude was telling me how hilarious I was. After that I stopped talking at all during sets. Now, I've eased back into talking a tiny bit here and there but if I'm drunk the crowd is getting silly ranting/anecdotes that are hit or miss, as I'm not into doing prepared REO Speedwagon dialogue.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
Comedy pays my bills, little one.

Did you hear Trump pulled us out of the U.N. council of human rights? The guy has 3 wives and 5 kids, I didn't think he pulls out of anything!
Nikki Haley said we never passed a bill on race. I don' think that's true, but I'm only 3/5ths sure!

Patrick and Tom Meyers need to tour together.

It'll double the good that came come from that car accident.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
A guy I went to hgh school with is one of the funniest guys I've ever met and he's been doing it for years now. I've seen it, it's not funny. It's a group of theater kids coddling eachother.
My issue is absurdism is impossible to do to a group of strangers at a bar, or at least very very hard. It totally made me just look like an insane person.