• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Has there ever been television worse written than Netflix shows?

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
I haven't seen the Netflix series but you got a lot wrong.

First of all the character Arsene Lupin is French and was written by a Frenchman. Then decades later in Japan they created their own version of Lupin, Lupin III which is the French character's grandson. Japan at the time didn't give a shit about intellectual property so they even had Sherlock Holmes appear in the stories which is how they got away with ripping off Lupin.

And as far as I'm aware the Netflix show isn't about Arsene Lupin, it's about some thief that gets inspired by the legendary thief and does his own thing.
French ladies have hairy pits mate

G

Japan at the time didn't give a shit about intellectual property so they even had Sherlock Holmes appear in the stories which is how they got away with ripping off Lupin.
I think most Sherlock Holmes stories are in the public domain.

AntsBatteryCharge

&$;;-:
A lot of Netflix shows seem like someone had an idea for a 6-8 episode story, but got a deal for 13 episodes. You end up with long, pointless stretches of filler and gayness. There's also a trend I've noticed of endless buildup with no payoff, ever... Ozark comes to mind. I bailed at the end of season 3, I think, because the characters were basically in the same position as when the show started and I got bored.

Enough with the teasers and cliffhangers, just tell your goddamn story.

"i really enjoyed mr robot"

I've heard it's good, but it was on a cable network and isn't a Netflix show.