• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Has there ever been television worse written than Netflix shows?

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
FRfYYkK.png

Clint Ruin

I'm sorry, who are you?
I chalk it up to them continually trying to make live action American adaptations of weeb shit. Weeb shit is inherently corny as fuck. Not the best source material for good TV.

G

Anyone seen the trailer for that Colin Kapernick limited series? Holy shit does it look bad. I know next to nothing about him or American football but it looks next level embarrassing. Basically "I got a couple of weird looks growing up in a mostly white area of California and didn't get picked as starting quarterback in high school. America in the 21st century is the most racist place in the world. Waaahh!"

[MEDIA=youtube]ej42P9FTwZg[/MEDIA]

His "I'm black and black power cos I'm black" angle reeks of a mixed race guy who was adopted by whites feeling guilty about his privileged upbringing and confused about his identity (which must be tied to his race because he's got little else personality-wise) and over-compensating. The trailer shows his teenage self falling for a Nubian queen. I can guarantee he was chasing exclusively white tail back then and probably doing well as a jock buck in a mostly white suburban environment. Make daddy mad etc.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Between Netflix and the BBC, what do you win if you find a white man on screen who isn’t being an oppressive, racist rapist?

I started watching the Netflix version of Lupin. He's a French gentleman thief, a character created by a Japanese writer, and normally looks like this.

4IZDxW4.jpeg

Netflix cast Omar Sy. He's not a bad actor. He's kind of like the French Will Smith. He puts his own goofy personality into everything, and it either works or it doesn't.

original.jpg

I gave up during the first episode. It's not that they cast a black actor that makes it shit. It's that they just made a formulaic heist show, and added racial elements to it. Then they set it in the Louvre because the dumb audience has never heard of another museum.

This is just what Netflix does. Take a bland formula and make it cringe.

G

Consider the demographic of adults who look at what's happening in the world right now and think that the best course of action is to spend hours every day sitting on the couch watching TV. That's who these retarded shows cater to.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Netflix will literally pick up anything thats offered to them. Its the reason 85% of their original content is total dogshit.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
I started watching the Netflix version of Lupin. He's a French gentleman thief, a character created by a Japanese writer, and normally looks like this.

4IZDxW4.jpeg

Netflix cast Omar Sy. He's not a bad actor. He's kind of like the French Will Smith. He puts his own goofy personality into everything, and it either works or it doesn't.

original.jpg

I gave up during the first episode. It's not that they cast a black actor that makes it shit. It's that they just made a formulaic heist show, and added racial elements to it. Then they set it in the Louvre because the dumb audience has never heard of another museum.

This is just what Netflix does. Take a bland formula and make it cringe.
I haven't seen the Netflix series but you got a lot wrong.

First of all the character Arsene Lupin is French and was written by a Frenchman. Then decades later in Japan they created their own version of Lupin, Lupin III which is the French character's grandson. Japan at the time didn't give a shit about intellectual property so they even had Sherlock Holmes appear in the stories which is how they got away with ripping off Lupin.

And as far as I'm aware the Netflix show isn't about Arsene Lupin, it's about some thief that gets inspired by the legendary thief and does his own thing.