Has Patrick ever actually specified what martial art he trained in/instructed?

Uncle Anthony Cumia

Hot tubs, guns and slack jawed brothers
53Wg54s.png
Don’t forgot the knife tucked between his back folds in his sweat pocket above his swamp ass.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
He learnt the ancient art of "Mota Bevakooph" (मोटा बेवकूफ - Hindi, "Large Wise One") from the chef at a gas station Indian restaurant.

I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it, child - it's only entrusted to the most gifted and trustworthy of artists and intellectuals who can be trusted not to misuse its deadly secrets, and who have the $100 per lesson entry fee.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
4dcf53d8a018aee0065924cf7db90e8c.jpeg

As I’ve mentioned before, my dad teaches aikido and has for 40 years. It’s pretty useless unless you’re a cop or a bouncer or anything where you absolutely need to stay on your feet while controlling people who don’t really know how to fight. I started rolling BJJ pretty intensively during high school and still try to get it in whenever I can these days.

Do you know what nobody who credibly instructs martial arts ever looks or acts like? Any version of Pat.

G

4dcf53d8a018aee0065924cf7db90e8c.jpeg

As I’ve mentioned before, my dad teaches aikido and has for 40 years. It’s pretty useless unless you’re a cop or a bouncer or anything where you absolutely need to stay on your feet while controlling people who don’t really know how to fight. I started rolling BJJ pretty intensively during high school and still try to get it in whenever I can these days.

Do you know what nobody who credibly instructs martial arts ever looks or acts like? Any version of Pat.
He's the consummate store front dojo guy. No doubt he went to some "Martial Arts" studio, the place where soccer mom's take their kids in the off season and it also attracts adults with the coordination of people with cerebral palsy, taught by a fat guy who learned a few moves while stationed in Okinawa for 7 months in in 1978. The instructor has a big beer belly, a ponytail, balding in front and wears a black satin jacket with a Jap flag, and some gook writing, that he thinks says something inspirational, but it actually says " the crane smells clouds in the water during the fall" or some other shitty translation as it mixes gook cultures together. Pat was impressed watching a guy that could eat the Golden Corral out of food, break a piece of balsa with his hand,

Uncle Anthony Cumia

Hot tubs, guns and slack jawed brothers
He's the consummate store front dojo guy. No doubt he went to some "Martial Arts" studio, the place where soccer mom's take their kids in the off season and it also attracts adults with the coordination of people with cerebral palsy, taught by a fat guy who learned a few moves while stationed in Okinawa for 7 months in in 1978. The instructor has a big beer belly, a ponytail, balding in front and wears a black satin jacket with a Jap flag, and some gook writing, that he thinks says something inspirational, but it actually says " the crane smells clouds in the water during the fall" or some other shitty translation as it mixes gook cultures together. Pat was impressed watching a guy that could eat the Golden Corral out of food, break a piece of balsa with his hand,
This instructor lives in a nearby town to me. Calls himself Sensei Keith. Has faded USMC tats on his forearms and says he was in Okinawa in all his old posts on the local Topix (remember that shit?)

Uncle Floyd

"But now you're getting sued kinda stupid"
He trained Krav Maga in his imagination.

I think I've heard MMA fighters mocking Krav Maga because it's just a completely fake martial art that only works in extremely specific situations
Exactly. Krav Maga's a bunch of self-defense lessons. And the classes felt like CrossFit WODs for beginners.
They're fine, but like you said, krav's focused on extremely specific situations: a guy comes at you with a gun, two guys come at you with knives and bats, someone hits you from behind while sitting at a bar, you're pinned on the ground on your back. And if that was the case, I'd use what I know from BJJ. It can be worth knowing some of the tactics, for sure, but if I were the type to get into fights often (like Pat), I'd use what I know from BJJ 99% of the time and krav less than 1%.

(took a break from BJJ during the COVID year; tried krav maga for a bit)

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
He trained Krav Maga in his imagination.

I think I've heard MMA fighters mocking Krav Maga because it's just a completely fake martial art that only works in extremely specific situations
It is indeed a complete joke the way it’s taught here.