Has anyone ever driven across the country?

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Every state is basically a country in and of itself.
I grew up in middle America, I'm talking wheat and cows in every direction for hundreds and hundreds of miles. But Alaska blows my mind. Pretty much as wide as the entire country, if you include its chain of islands. Plus, there are only around 800,000 people in the entire state. Fucking heaven.

Big-Alaska.jpg

The thing with the US v travelling in Europe is in the US sure states have their own feel and look but it's essentially the same country. 2 hours in a Europe and you can go through a few different countries with their own histories and languages, media and completely different looks and feels.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
I grew up in middle America, I'm talking wheat and cows in every direction for hundreds and hundreds of miles. But Alaska blows my mind. Pretty much as wide as the entire country, if you include its chain of islands. Plus, there are only around 800,000 people in the entire state. Fucking heaven.

View attachment 51869
Here's a corny joke that akshully put Alaska's enormity into perspective for me when I was a kid:

Alaska heard Texas complaining about being the second largest state. Alaska said "Shut up or I'll split in half and make you the third largest!"

Even a 2 hour trip from PA to the Jersey Shore used to be my favorite. Me and 3 of my boys drinking road sodas in an old Honda Civic, the novelty of being free to drive anywhere we wanted hadnt worn off yet. The freedom was euphoric.

LOVE THAT MEMORY
DCBCAB07-4F75-4B9A-A0C8-B1C37B197A70.jpeg

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Do the forests in Sweden have Grizzlies and Polar bears?

I know you got Reindeer instead of Elk...Are there Moose in Sweden? I can look all this up but want a brotherman's take.
Another guy already answered but there is a shit ton of moose here. I've bumped into so many just talking walks in the forest and they're always in the backyard, even had one come up right to my window next to my computer once.

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
Highly recommend doing route 1 in California, especially north of SF. It's like being in a car commercial driving over winding mountain cliffs 1000 feet above water. You could drive right off and kill yourself easy.