Happy Birthday!

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Some folk think Valhalla came from Germanic peoples seeing gladiatorial games in the Coliseum and bringing the story back home. A place of feast and drink for men who fought each other, and as was custom, to survive to go back to fighting. An image of Valhalla in gold looks eerily similar to the Coliseum.
You should do more history posts.

bombvest

Fawk! Back to the ol' drawing board!
63a.gif

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
Good. I look forward to it.
Here, then.

Hitler's valet survived the war. Hitler would have him tie his bow-tie for a formal party with a stopwatch in his hand and give him 30 seconds. The guy would futz about on purpose and take about 2 and a half minutes. Hitler would then joke to people, "I wish I could be like that man!", pointing at his valet, "Time means nothing to him! I have him dress me with a stopwatch, but he doesn't care!" Sounds like a real monster.

Eva was always trying to dress Hitler in modern fashion. Hitler would purposely dress unfashionably, an orange tie with purple polka dots, just to piss her off.

His valet was interviewed:

"This was an ongoing battle which lasted years between us. I would say to him quite openly, “a railroad employee might wear such awful caps, or a mailman, but otherwise, no other human being!” Then Hitler would look me up and down and say simply, “Who wears the cap? You or I?”

My answer was to criticize the caps again and this impertinence didn’t seem to disturb him in the slightest.

One year at the Nuremberg party rally, I secretly removed the frame from one of his uniform caps. The cap immediately looked 100% better on him. Hitler didn’t notice the change right away. It was only when we were in the car driving to the rally that Hitler first noticed it. I thought he was going to personally throw me out of the car! I got a royal chewing on that day and Hitler told me to go back to the Hotel Deutscher Hof and get the frame from the hat."

What a crazy, raving maniac you would never dare cross!

Last edited:

CuckQueen

Nice learning your history from Wikipedia, stupid. Alternate explanation:

72e491abcae68f824937901ff5cb2a4c.jpg

Source: https://germangirlinamerica.com/old-german-cursive-alphabet-and-typefaces/

I'm busting balls but did want to explore the history more and this lady seems to know her stuff.
Dumb bitch doesn't even disagree! Wouldn't throw it away? BUT YOU WOULD THROW THE WAR YOU WEAK, INCOMPETENT COWARDS! The actual reason why probably wasn't because it was Jewish, but in the global empire Germany was becoming it didn't make good sense to communicate using a different typeface. Hell, even Stalin and Mao kicked around the idea of changing the Cyrillic alphabet and Chinese characters for Latin script.

RobertMewler

The actual reason why probably wasn't because it was Jewish, but in the global empire Germany was becoming it didn't make good sense to communicate using a different typeface. Hell, even Stalin and Mao kicked around the idea of changing the Cyrillic alphabet and Chinese characters for Latin script.
Thanks for not being touchy over my well-meaning ribbing.. your coming in with even more knowledge has made my day.

He's Back is an amazing film. Funny and very bold in an pretty accurate portrayal of Hitler. The production teams from Borat and Downfall worked on it. The fact that Hitler wakes up in modern Berlin, the first thing he eats is a nutribar after fainting, and his first thought after biting into it is, "Industrially pressed grain? Are there still bread shortages?" It's funny but really hits home how responsible and meticulous he had to be. They also show his incredible intelligence and reading skills, learning all about the modern world from a night reading newspapers. They even let Hitler totally win in the end with the badass lines while his leather coat billows in the wind. After being accused of lying to people again, tricking them, he cuts this off and says, "Lie? My program was quite well known. The ordinary German people elected an extraordinary man, and if you condemn me as monster are not those millions monsters too? Besides, it wasn't all bad."

Only bad part is a bit of Hitler shooting a dog. Major way to get his character wrong.
The movie is based on a book which I've never read but it sounds like the point of it is once you start forgetting he was evil (allegedly) and start to find humor in him this can all start again. However the average German acted so favorably towards him while they were shooting that I think the movie adjusted mid production to weave in the theme that governments that neglect the people give rise to guys like Hitler who had a genuine care for them. He does come off looking good in the movie which I doubt was their intention, but it's tough to make him the bad guy when the movie is filled with moments like this.

People are openly doing the salute and that could get you jailtime in Germany. Either the law isn't enforced or the people as so disenfranchised they don't care.

CuckQueen

Ehpantiespink.jpg
EHPantiesWhite.jpg

Nice silk undies on Eva, even monogrammed. No swastika of course, that would be tacky.

Last edited:

CuckQueen

Yeah I was surprised by a lot of that. I would assume there’s just different understandings in German television. I think there consolation with that was showing the holocaust survivor freak out. Lying Jew.
I would have busted a literal gut, my intestine would have popped, if when she's screaming, "GET OUT YOU CRIMINAL!", he just coldly said, "Oh, I'll show you criminal.", and forced her bodily into her own oven. Though even that scene was funny:

Lying Jew: My whole family was killed in the war!
Hitler: And when I take power again I assure you I will never let another Allied Bomber into German airspace.

Last edited: