• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Graffiti expert norton

Forum Clout
We went from this

View attachment 22108

To this

View attachment 22109

Art is dead, humanity has peaked, it's all donwhill from here on out.

Just look at music. Seventy percent of the music market now consists of old music, and more and more new music has some kind of retro tinge. We've gone through 70s and 80s revivalism, and soon the 90s will become popular. What happens when we run out of references to backtrack into?

The shelf life of all post WW2 cultural movements has become shorter and shorter because modern art is mostly based on novelty unfortunately. I wish I had an idea on how to move forward.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I don’t know jack shit about art but someone recently told me that the only reason art ever took off was as some sort of tax shelter. Something about how storing it in a museum and not moving it out of the actual facility kept it from being a taxable event.

That being said, I appreciated Banksy’s stuff because it was easy to understand and relatively well done. I also knew that it was the butt rock of graffiti so I didn’t think about it too much.

Forum Clout
I don’t know jack shit about art but someone recently told me that the only reason art ever took off was as some sort of tax shelter. Something about how storing it in a museum and not moving it out of the actual facility kept it from being a taxable event.

That being said, I appreciated Banksy’s stuff because it was easy to understand and relatively well done. I also knew that it was the butt rock of graffiti so I didn’t think about it too much.
One way it can work is like this:

1. Rich guy wants to avoid taxes and keep more of his money
2. Rich guy goes to starving artist and offers him $50,000 for a piece of art - "I dont give a shit what it is - tape a banana to a wall for all I care"
3. Starving artist tapes a banana to a wall, receives $50,000
4. Rich guy calls his friend, Swishy Art Appraiser, to come appraise the banana taped to a wall.
5. Swishy Art Appraiser either has his head squarely up his ass or (more likely) is bribed for say $20,000 to say this is a monumentally important work of art by one of the best up and coming artists of our time and it is clearly worth at least five million dollars.
6. Rich guy donates the banana taped to the wall to the Museum of Modern Art and gets a tax credit for the appraised value of the important work.

End result: Rich guy spends $70,000 to knock $5,000,000 off his taxable income, pocketing him roughly $2+ million.

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
One way it can work is like this:

1. Rich guy wants to avoid taxes and keep more of his money
2. Rich guy goes to starving artist and offers him $50,000 for a piece of art - "I dont give a shit what it is - tape a banana to a wall for all I care"
3. Starving artist tapes a banana to a wall, receives $50,000
4. Rich guy calls his friend, Swishy Art Appraiser, to come appraise the banana taped to a wall.
5. Swishy Art Appraiser either has his head squarely up his ass or (more likely) is bribed for say $20,000 to say this is a monumentally important work of art by one of the best up and coming artists of our time and it is clearly worth at least five million dollars.
6. Rich guy donates the banana taped to the wall to the Museum of Modern Art and gets a tax credit for the appraised value of the important work.

End result: Rich guy spends $70,000 to knock $5,000,000 off his taxable income, pocketing him roughly $2+ million.
No my sweet, consistently funny, child. No one in the government or position of authority would ever abuse their power, little one. Only republicans do that, and they don’t understand art. You really should be better at this.