• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)

G

For some reason, no woman I have ever met has understood this movie. I think it might be the most... male movie ever made. And its great.

edit: and I don't think its that theres no female characters.
Because most of them have never worked in a high pressure environment and would walk out of any job like that crying in 15 minutes. It's also completely dialogue and character-driven, there's no obvious "nice guy" to root for or happy ending. There are no "lessons", none of the characters "grow" or "learn something about themselves." It's a play/movie about the misery, desperation and dog-eat-dog nature of being a man.

G

Fun fact about the director: he also directed Fifty Shades of Grey and every sequel that came after
IMG_20240128_190835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Because most of them have never worked in a high pressure environment and would walk out of any job like that crying in 15 minutes. It's also completely dialogue and character-driven, there's no obvious "nice guy" to root for or happy ending. There are no "lessons", none of the characters "grow" or "learn something about themselves." It's a play/movie about the misery, desperation and dog-eat-dog nature of being a man.
Not only that - I’ve talked to women who couldn’t even understand sales commission jobs - meaning a job that if you don’t sell you don’t get paid. They really thought that’s impossible to go to a job and be there 40 plus hours a week and if you don’t sell you don’t get a paycheck. When I sold cars every now and then we would we would have a woman that thought they could sell cars and they would barely last a week. I remember one saying “I’ll do well - I have tits!” And I said “you do know women buy cars too” and of course she didn’t last a week.