girlfriends complaining about their coworkers megathread

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Women complaining about work

"OMG today was sooo bad at work. You know Shannon? The one who's mother lived in Montana and knits vests for horses? Well she was on Facebook and someone sent her a message saying that her ex, remember I told you about him? How he has issues with his brother but never talks about them because he feels it's a personal matter? Well he apparently got caught molesting a child at a 7-11. Well anyway, she got to leave early. And guess who had to shut the lights off tonight? Hmmm? Give up? Me. I had to. So I had to do her FUCKING job because SHE gets to leave an HOUR FUCKING EARLY because her ex gets into trouble? I swear to fucking God I hate this place. My chair sucks and I only get 2 one hour breaks during the day? It's ridiculous and always gives me anxiety."
budd-dwyer-2.jpg

G

Men complaining about work

"Today sucked. Larry got his sleeve stuck in a lathe and spun for 30 seconds before anyone noticed. We had to shut everything down because of the mess. Now we're short staffed and probably need therapy."

"OMG today was sooo bad at work. You know Shannon? The one who's mother lived in Montana and knits vests for horses? Well she was on Facebook and someone sent her a message saying that her ex, remember I told you about him? How he has issues with his brother but never talks about them because he feels it's a personal matter? Well he apparently got caught molesting a child at a 7-11. Well anyway, she got to leave early. And guess who had to shut the lights off tonight? Hmmm? Give up? Me. I had to. So I had to do her FUCKING job because SHE gets to leave an HOUR FUCKING EARLY because her ex gets into trouble? I swear to fucking God I hate this place. My chair sucks and I only get 2 one hour breaks during the day? It's ridiculous and always gives me anxiety."

This as your covered Larry's shit and blood.
Jesus, that gave me flashbacks. I've had an exchange with a woman that went almost exactly like that.

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Men complaining about work

"Today sucked. Larry got his sleeve stuck in a lathe and spun for 30 seconds before anyone noticed. We had to shut everything down because of the mess. Now we're short staffed and probably need therapy."

This as your covered Larry's shit and blood.
She also gets mad at you for not actually remembering Shannon because it's all such horseshit you wipe your memory immediately after.

TheNanaDook

My gf will tell me stories about who screwed up at work and she does some legal contract stuff that I do not understand at all. She says when she starts telling me about it, my eyes glaze over and she can tell I'm checked out. I don't know how to explain that I don't understand what the fuck she is yammering on about and how she talks too much. I do software engineering shit, I'm sure she would check out if I ever went into details about my day. Women live in another reality.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
She also gets mad at you for not actually remembering Shannon because it's all such horseshit you wipe your memory immediately after.
Not only that you remember that she HATES Shannon ONLY when Shannon isn't nearby. You remember that everytime you needed to go to her job to drop off something she forgot or to pick her up she's always so nice to Shannon. Shannon is super nice to you as well, and has never seemed negative in the dozens of times you met her. But when you get 20 feet away from that job of hers, she's immediately attacking Shannon for petty reasons. I can imagine Shannon being the one who gets in 45 mins early to make the day easier, and your gf gets to work 2 minutes before she's due in, never asking how certain tasks are already done. But when Shannon leaves 5 minutes early, it's a HUGE issue and she's a lazy bitch.

When other coworkers of hers quit and new ones are hired your gf ends up being super friendly to Shannon, even talking to her on the phone like old friends, but it's mostly because the other women she would talk shit to about Shannon aren't there anymore and don't care about Shannon.

Why is she doing this you wonder? So when the new people get comfortable with the new job your gf will start slowy letting them know that Shannon isn't a hard worker and is a single mother of a child who has severe autism and is struggling to make friends. He also pisses the bed, which the new employees didn't need to know, but she told them anyway because Shannon had just told her that problem 2 nights prior on the phone thinking she was talking to someone who cared, and not someone just looking to dig up information to use against them to make a toxic work environment.

Keep in mind she makes 45k a year with this office job. You're making 50k and work around machines that can kill you instantly.