Fuck, Stanhope became useless.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
what happened to his 'libertarianism'? Nihilists can sometimes be usefully brave in the spreading of risky ideas, but WTF happened to the old Stanhope?
He said not too long ago that libertaranism was just a phase he went through. I don't know what he aligns himself as now, but he's a lot more of a lefty than he used to be. I used to love Stanhope's stuff, but he's really declined in quality over the years and his last stand up special was terrible. I think all the years of drug and alcohol abuse finally caught up with him and have only gotten worse. I'm pretty sure if he quit drinking he would die.

Racist Google Intern

I'm not really racist, my best friend is black
He said not too long ago that libertaranism was just a phase he went through. I don't know what he aligns himself as now, but he's a lot more of a lefty than he used to be. I used to love Stanhope's stuff, but he's really declined in quality over the years and his last stand up special was terrible. I think all the years of drug and alcohol abuse finally caught up with him and have only gotten worse. I'm pretty sure if he quit drinking he would die.
He has a desert commune of people that just take care of eachother and he foots the bill, the guy is honestly living the life. He definitely invested his money well enough to practice what he preaches. Still is a total fag though, I think shane gillis talking about stan hope just kissing his male friend in the middle of a conversation was pretty clear on that.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
He has a desert commune of people that just take care of eachother and he foots the bill, the guy is honestly living the life. He definitely invested his money well enough to practice what he preaches. Still is a total fag though, I think shane gillis talking about stan hope just kissing his male friend in the middle of a conversation was pretty clear on that.
Well that explains a lot.

Racist Google Intern

Too much of a lazy bastard to timestamp the part where shane talks about it but this is a great ep and shane describes his adventures in the stanhope compound.

Edit : 10:01 is when shane gillis starts talking about his time at the stanhope compound, good listen if you just want to hear about that. 14:40 is when shane is surprised by stanhope's blatant homosexuality.

Last edited:

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC

The last special in Vegas(which I saw him record) was the first time I thought there was a regression in his actual specials. I love No Place Like Home and the Popov vodka shorts. If he did another good special I would have forgiven the Vegas one, except for as soon as this bullshit started he went all in and was very vocal about if you don't love wearing masks you're a piece of shit. Then he went on Rogan bragging about shooting up with retard gunk. Went from being my favorite human to someone I will tease, shit on, and shame relentlessly next time I'm in the same room as him.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Too much of a lazy bastard to timestamp the part where shane talks about it but this is a great ep and shane describes his adventures in the stanhope compound.

Edit : 10:01 is when shane gillis starts talking about his time at the stanhope compound, good listen if you just want to hear about that. 14:40 is when shane is surprised by stanhope's blatant homosexuality.

Ewww.... I figured Doug had some gaynesses about him, but with Chaille? Fucking hell that does explain even more shit

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
totally delusional, but interesting to hear this. I just remember his last Rogaine appearance on youtube before Joe crept to Spotify. He told stories about driving to the supermarket to get meat on discount, and more or less implicated that driving to the store and interacting with the people there was a source of the most meaningful social interactions he has in his day to day life. He was expounding on living isolated but I don't remember him saying anything about a compound or commune. I think this Rogan appearance was 2 years ago at least

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
totally delusional, but interesting to hear this. I just remember his last Rogaine appearance on youtube before Joe crept to Spotify. He told stories about driving to the supermarket to get meat on discount, and more or less implicated that driving to the store and interacting with the people there was a source of the most meaningful social interactions he has in his day to day life. He was expounding on living isolated but I don't remember him saying anything about a compound or commune. I think this Rogan appearance was 2 years ago at least

He has been trying to get any and all comedians to move out there forever. Morgan Murphey was out there quite a bit but not permanently. He was letting Olivia Grace stay there. Him and Bingo are in one house and Chaille and his wife Tracy are in another. Hasn't been able to get a compound going and you better believe if he had the money he would never leave the house, he has to since he buys so many orange microwaves and can't stop.

Racist Google Intern

I am also basing this of an ep of Tim Dillion's patreon podcast where Tim and Stanhope talk, Stanhope describes his commune as a place where people take care of eachother while whining about Tim's sobriety, it was uploaded on vimeo, but I lost the link

Hit me with the car crashes for this boring post with 0 content

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
I am also basing this of an ep of Tim Dillion's patreon podcast where Tim and Stanhope talk, Stanhope describes his commune as a place where people take care of eachother while whining about Tim's sobriety, it was uploaded on vimeo, but I lost the link

Hit me with the car crashes for this boring post with 0 content
no prob nigga I appreciate the timestamp gomez/shane post

Racist Google Intern

While this is completely off topic through google searching I refound the episode of Tim Dillon that I wanted to see, The one with just Tim Dillon, Alex Jones, and no Joe Rogan going through Marijuana withdraw to ruin any fun conversation
Starts at 1:02:00 for anyone interested.

https://vimeo(.)com/496269271/d2028964f6

sorry the vid won't show on the forums well but here's a link just take the parenthesis out.

Last edited:

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
I really enjoyed his first book Digging up Mother, especially the audio version. I tried checking out his last Rogan appearance and it was just boring. He's publicly distanced himself from the libertarian shit over the years even if he's still anti drug war. I believe he said "Libertarianism sounds great on paper but depends on everyone not being an asshole."

I still love his early stuff. The only special of his that I saw and didn't like was the Oslo one. I strongly recommend checking out the documentary The Unbookables if you haven't already. Stanhope's not in it but he produced it and it features all his fuck up comic friends doing a tour of these atrocious dive bars across the country in a shitty old van. James Inman, Sean Rouse (RIP), Andy Andrist, and Brendan Walsh are hilarious in it.