Friend’s kid’s baptism

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Friend of mine had his kid baptized today and I was the godfather. It was a nice ceremony.

The priest was Nigerian, very nice guy and had a Patrice O’Neal look to him. I was constantly expecting him to bust out in that high pitch Patrice laugh.

We went out for lunch after and I was speaking to the priest. Doctorate in philosophy (he studied Aquinas), and Church history.

I asked him about Lagos, and the law school. He kind of nodded his head and just said it is a place where those who want to make opportunities for themselves can, but others can also just waste their time there.

I left feeling very annoyed at Ooga, he has countrymen who migrated legally and have made lives abroad, but he just tweets and breaks laws.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
Did he recognize the Catholics as break away heathens to the one true religion of the Orthodoxy?

Edit: I wanted to say Gah Bless, I am happy you are a godfather now and the child has been baptized.
I've been to Catholic baptisms and they are almost identical to Orthodox ones however we celebrate all night afterwards, live band big dinner like a wedding. The Catholic one was a sensible dinner at a nice restaurant after.

Last edited: