Favorite book?

Raymond

You will never see my penis
I got into Cormac Mccarthy this year. Read The Road and Blood Meridian. I liked The Road better but they were both very good.
I read Blood Meridian as an ESL faggot this year. Never took me this long to get through a book of such moderate size. Vocabulary is broodal. And you already feel kind of smart for just understanding what's basically going on.

"Imaginary Qualities of Actual Things" by Gilbert Sorrentino.
That seems like something for faggots. I put it on my reading list.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Have you read Wind-up Bird?
not read but listened to the audio book, his books are always a good listen cause they are easy to understand, very intense and take your mind off while doing other chores

i dont remember wind up bird much other than the dude was creeping on some teenage girl. the opening was great cause some dumb cunt called him up while he was cooking spaghetti, he used this same idea on a short story before and its still hilarious, gotta relisten to it sometime

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
not read but listened to the audio book, his books are always a good listen cause they are easy to understand, very intense and take your mind off while doing other chores

i dont remember wind up bird much other than the dude was creeping on some teenage girl. the opening was great cause some dumb cunt called him up while he was cooking spaghetti, he used this same idea on a short story before and its still hilarious, gotta relisten to it sometime
I want to punch you.

34233166.jpg

Monk

With the Old Breed at Peleliu and Okinawa by EB Sledge is a great war diary.

The descriptions of what Okinawa was like are fucking brutal. Don't know how any of the men who fought there or in similar battles came out of it with any shred of their sanity intact.

WKKBlVk.jpg

4OWBFnq.jpg

G

I've probably read Slaughterhouse-Five several dozen times since high school. Its a book you can pick up and read in one sitting and it never seems to get old.
Others off the top of my head,

Frankenstein
Revolutionary Road
Raymond Carver short stories
Pet Semetery
The Wind-up Bird Chronicle
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Blood Meridian
In Cold Blood
The Naked and The Dead
North Dallas Forty
This has turned into a Cormac McCarthy appreciation Thread and I’m not complaining.

G

With the Old Breed at Peleliu and Okinawa by EB Sledge is a great war diary.

The descriptions of what Okinawa was like are fucking brutal. Don't know how any of the men who fought there or in similar battles came out of it with any shred of their sanity intact.

WKKBlVk.jpg

4OWBFnq.jpg
Fuck’s sake...