Favorite book?

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Contender_(Lipsyte_novel)[/URL]

I’ve read this one about once every six months ever since the eighth grade

1653132620865.png

Raymond

You will never see my penis
I don't have a favorite book. As a teenager, I really loved "The Corrections" because my retarded ass needed to be told that everybody has a different perspective and reasons and feelings that I might have no idea about. Another one I have to re-read is "Journey to the End of the Night" which seems to become more reasonable the older you get.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
I've probably read Slaughterhouse-Five several dozen times since high school. Its a book you can pick up and read in one sitting and it never seems to get old.
Others off the top of my head,

Frankenstein
Revolutionary Road
Raymond Carver short stories
Pet Semetery
The Wind-up Bird Chronicle
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Blood Meridian
In Cold Blood
The Naked and The Dead
North Dallas Forty

Easily_Remembered

It's not REALLY Ray Wilson
I probably have two.

"The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane" by Robert E Howard.

Howard was better known of course for Conan the Barbarian, but I always preferred his earlier character Solomon Kane. Kane was a Puritan who wandered Africa and the Middle East among other exotic locales, fighting against vampire queens, zombies and pirates among others, seeing himself as the avenging right hand of God. Howard's writing makes it uncertain to the reader if he is indeed divinely led, or simply uses that excuse to justify his thirst for adventure. Even then, Kane gets occasional assistance from spectres and voodoo witch doctors.

"Thieves in the Night" by Joshua Cutchin

This book studies the history of faerie and changeling lore, and studies the similarities they share with modern day tales of alien abductions and hybrid breeding. It then presents the hypothesis that perhaps the two are manifestations of the same entity that simply changes its appearance every few generations to adapt. A very fun read, especially for the old tales of faeries.