Fargo is the best film of all time. What's the deal with the TV show?

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
The first season is great but it does take a while to get going. At first it's distracting because it just seems like Martin Freeman is doing a bad William H Macy impression but the further it gets into the season, the better it gets. The last 2-3 episodes are vury good.

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith
Okay I chose a scene at random.

What the fuck is this gay shit?

It’s near the end of the first season when meek little Martin Niggard has developed into someone who thinks he’s the shit. The no-look assassinations by BBT are kinda ridiculous though.

I’d say watch the first episode or 2 of season 1 to see if it’s for you but I enjoyed it

Also a callback to when they first met

Last edited:
I remember when the first series started they did the trailers in the UK without Martin Freeman speaking. The moment he did everyone was wondering why he was talking like that. Seems most Americans didn't find a issue with it sounded so weird to many here

G

Inferior would be a better way to put it still worth watching. If you don't like diversity skip s4
I don't have a problem with a diverse cast or whatever unless it feels forced and shoehorned in. Season 4 started with some little black girl in the 50s or whatever. Of course she was a mathematical genius and was giving sass back to all her racist white teachers, like the Midwest was Alabama. When a writers room turns into a political committee, shit movies and TV shows are the result.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
I don't have a problem with a diverse cast or whatever unless it feels forced and shoehorned in. Season 4 started with some little black girl in the 50s or whatever. Of course she was a mathematical genius and was giving sass back to all her racist white teachers, like the Midwest was Alabama. When a writers room turns into a political committee, shit movies and TV shows are the result.
Not to mention brittle faggoty jew wimp Jason schwartzman as a tough guy gangster

G

I liked the first 2 seasons. I don't think I bothered with season 3 or maybe I did and it was forgettable.
Season 3 was pretty good I thought. You had Ewan McGregor as twin brothers - one successful, the other a bitter loser. David Thewlis was great as one of the most repugnant villains I've seen. The woman cop was shitty, but Michael Stuhlbarg was in it too and is always good value. Thewlis telling him that his fat wife is untrustworthy by her very nature - if she can't be trusted to control her portion sizes, she can't be trusted with anything - got my ribs.