Faggots

G

It's weird seeing Nana out of uniform now, as his grandpa shoes, ill-fitting low budget jeans, cheap promotional giveaway T shirts and threadbare 3 for $20 outer shirts have become nearly iconic. But way, way back in the day, Nana was just a young delicate fairy, twinkling his way across nite club stages and belting out bad 80s coke metal tunes like he was a Broadway super-fag bringing down the house with a rousing show tune. Just imagine young Nana, primping and preening in front of that full-length mirror, finally free to express himself without his old man breathing down his neck and calling him a homo. It must have been so freeing and so liberating to hit that stage and prance, mince, vamp and sashay without anyone judging him.

And, Joe being Joe, he started dressing like the world's ugliest homo as soon as he saw his little brother doing it. "I'll show HIM who's gayest!" thought young Joe, totally missing the actual point, as always.
I think the fact that it's 100% true is what busts my ribs the hardest

JebJoh

What on earth gave these assholes the idea that was a good pose, great hair or cool clothes.

Lookin like a couple of skid row rentboys circa 1978.
From what I remember, they used to show up at high school battles of the bands wen they were way to old for them, the high school kids used to make fun of them. For one thing, we all helped out getting equipment for our friends, these guys had to carry all of their own stuff and never had time to set it up properly, when they were outside people would throw away their pyrotechnics (smoke cans mostly). After they played and were hanging out girls with cameras would see them and have some fun too. They'd try to get them to make rockstar faces, silly poses (Now ... you stick your hand down his pants and you tweak his nipple) They were always this way.

G

From what I remember, they used to show up at high school battles of the bands wen they were way to old for them, the high school kids used to make fun of them. For one thing, we all helped out getting equipment for our friends, these guys had to carry all of their own stuff and never had time to set it up properly, when they were outside people would throw away their pyrotechnics (smoke cans mostly). After they played and were hanging out girls with cameras would see them and have some fun too. They'd try to get them to make rockstar faces, silly poses (Now ... you stick your hand down his pants and you tweak his nipple) They were always this way.
Did they actually make money?

JebJoh

Did they actually make money?
Not at the high school battles, but some of the bands got paying gigs from there and some did proms / pregnant 17 year old's weddings etc. so it is likely that they made some money. They never became regulars on the LI circuit though. They really weren't that good and high schools had plenty of talent so I never remember them getting any prizes.