DO YOU REMEMBAH: Anthony Cumia Got Fired On A Friday... On His Day OFF

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Do YOU know.... How SCHEOOOOOOOPITT You Gots To BE?

icecubefriday.jpg

....To get FIRED On Ya DAY OFF?

ON A FRAH-DEEEE?

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
I’m sure he did as much as he could without sacrificing his own job. The brand was far more popular than they were individually and Opie knows that. Plus they despised each other and never spoke off air. What else could he have done?

I'm certain the show was dead, and even if he came back it would still be poor and short lived, but considering how much they hated each other at that point, I REALLY doubt Opie tried that hard.
I don't expect him to have, but at the same time he should cut out the "I fawught for ya." And I'm sure Business Genius Gregg Hughes really puts the value of the brand over his own ego, the guy who can't stop filming anything and everything he sees and does thinking of his next voiral hit.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I'm certain the show was dead, and even if he came back it would still be poor and short lived, but considering how much they hated each other at that point, I REALLY doubt Opie tried that hard.
I don't expect him to have, but at the same time he should cut out the "I fawught for ya." And I'm sure Business Genius Gregg Hughes really puts the value of the brand over his own ego, the guy who can't stop filming anything and everything he sees and does thinking of his next voiral hit.
I really don’t understand what he could have done. Ant was fired by email then spent all weekend drinking and tweeting. The only thing that could have saved his job was shutting up and enrolling in a rehab. Waiting 30 days for the press to die down and then quietly rehire him. Most normal people would realize that if a 50 year old guy said he was raised by a racist alcoholic then grew up into one blah blah blah personal issues that it at least makes sense.

FingerofGod

I definitely agree that the Opester is being self-serving when he says he fought for Nana. But at the same time I think he did more than Nana or the worm would’ve done for him if he had been fired first. And you have to keep in mind that they were constantly shitting on him behind his back and were caught doing so. Sirius wasn’t going to rehire someone that they publicly fired anyway, let alone someone calling for violence against niggers.

BootyJuice

I definitely agree that the Opester is being self-serving when he says he fought for Nana. But at the same time I think he did more than Nana or the worm would’ve done for him if he had been fired first. And you have to keep in mind that they were constantly shitting on him behind his back and were caught doing so. Sirius wasn’t going to rehire someone that they publicly fired anyway, let alone someone calling for violence against niggers.
:image_9248_lg:: It's a tough one man. Like a juicy girl dick.
:image_9253_lg:: "GIRL DICK!" HA HAAAA HOLLEEEE SHIIIIT!

DMAN

NYC Mayor
I don’t know how you fawking dwopes missed my thread on this.

I guess you also missed the part where Opie admitted it was a “whatever effort.” Meaning he did do whatever he could, but nothing more than that. He wasn’t going to quit his million dollar job because the guy turning on him got his own ass fired. Anthony didn’t even last a year before he was bashing Opie and doing his little “tell all” video clip.

WHY would you putcha self OUT THERE! For someone who was trashing you for years. Who was talking shit behind your back. Who was bashing your family business publicly. Who was scheming to get YOU to quit? Who was calling out “sick,” never showing up to meetings, doing the bare minimum at work, and then leaving early?

Why WOULD you allow that leech to continue suckling off of your work? You stress out during negotiations and maximize your potential leverage against the company while the other dwope pops pills and smoke weed to “numb” himself of his adult responsibilities.

And that’s not even getting into the fact that the other guy is intentionally ruining the show and pigeon-holing you into a hard right wing political talk show with zero forethought. Just basic talking points. DID TOU EVEN READ THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT?!?!?!?!?!?

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
I really don’t understand what he could have done. Ant was fired by email then spent all weekend drinking and tweeting. The only thing that could have saved his job was shutting up and enrolling in a rehab. Waiting 30 days for the press to die down and then quietly rehire him. Most normal people would realize that if a 50 year old guy said he was raised by a racist alcoholic then grew up into one blah blah blah personal issues that it at least makes sense.

Probably nothing, but he frames it as he did everything he could, not "I did what serving myself first would allow me." I'd have respected him more if he said "yeah I was sick of you, Ant, and am relieved it's finally over now." And then they both quickly realized in the coming years how much they needed each other, at least as a package deal.

I guess you also missed the part where Opie admitted it was a “whatever effort.” Meaning he did do whatever he could, but nothing more than that. He wasn’t going to quit his million dollar job because the guy turning on him got his own ass fired. Anthony didn’t even last a year before he was bashing Opie and doing his little “tell all” video clip.

WHY would you putcha self OUT THERE! For someone who was trashing you for years. Who was talking shit behind your back. Who was bashing your family business publicly. Who was scheming to get YOU to quit? Who was calling out “sick,” never showing up to meetings, doing the bare minimum at work, and then leaving early?

Why WOULD you allow that leech to continue suckling off of your work? You stress out during negotiations and maximize your potential leverage against the company while the other dwope pops pills and smoke weed to “numb” himself of his adult responsibilities.

And that’s not even getting into the fact that the other guy is intentionally ruining the show and pigeon-holing you into a hard right wing political talk show with zero forethought. Just basic talking points. DID TOU EVEN READ THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT?!?!?!?!?!?

Hey, you're on the clock. We need that haul of aluminum siding in Tulsa by nightfall; get on it.

G

Fawkin thank bon and myself for bumping the thread. Sniff

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I definitely agree that the Opester is being self-serving when he says he fought for Nana.
Anthony himself told both Opie and Norton he was done with Sirius and would start his own company. They both told him that they wanted to stay with Sirius. Anthony tried to recruit both of them and failed. Within a few weeks of Anthony being fired both Opie and Norton clearly recognized that Anthony had lost his mind and basically cut him off professionally. They re-signed with Sirius together which Anthony never talks honestly about. That Norton had zero confidence in the success of Compound Media and didn't take him seriously at all.
But at the same time I think he did more than Nana or the worm would’ve done for him if he had been fired first. And you have to keep in mind that they were constantly shitting on him behind his back and were caught doing so.
They would literally have moved on two seconds after Opie was fired. And tried to turn the entire audience against him. Anthony was basically using his Compound Show to attack Opie monthly and even weekly at some points. Obsessing over him like a spurned schoolgirl pathetically wallowing in misery and obscurity. Imagine if Anthony had the full backing of Sirius-XM and the built in O&A audience to attack Opie nonstop from 2014 until today.
Sirius wasn’t going to rehire someone that they publicly fired anyway, let alone someone calling for violence against niggers.
If Anthony had gone to rehab and told management privately he would tone down the race stuff he would have been rehired.

Anthony made the mistake of doubling down on the drinking and then beating his girlfriend and getting arrested. None of the race stuff really mattered compared to his girlfriend telling the police she hid his gun because she thought he was going to shoot her and in response he broke her arm and rib and punched her in the face. You can come back from offensive jokes as tons of comics and comedy shows have done it before. But you can't come back from one offense by making more problems for yourself.

Ol Gav doesn't get a lot right, but he was on the money when he said Brothaman should have confronted AntH, on air or off, and said he was on his own. And given he could have easily gotten the entire show axed, leaving The Opester, Jim and the entire support staff out on their own, he'd have had a point.

I understood why he lied and why in the moment it seemed like the better option, but in hindsight he should have went full fawkin' Destroyer and explained that he was happy he was gone and now his shitty nigger personal life antics were no longer everyone elses problem. Period.