• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Dice vs Jackie Martling

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

bonnie obsessed ❤️
I also like that he wrote the most insulting things that the Jackie Puppet ever said to him. Jackie even was the one who brought the puppet to the show. But knew that if he brought it himself Howard would reject it. So he had the guy who made the puppet show up randomly and pretended he was offended by it which caused Howard to make it a regular bit. But meanwhile Jackie said that the puppet was one of the his favorite bits on the entire show.

Billy operating the puppet and insulting Conan is probably a top five Stern moment.
The puppet’s introduction day was so funny. Stern hit on the guy’s girlfriend and complimented how great the puppet looked. Riveting radio.

cliveowen

stlaker
Howard once had a huge rant that he hated how all of the staff on the show were putting in plugs into the show for their gigs and shut it down completely. So no more King Norris plugs or Gary doing an appearance at a bar or whatever. This was an early preview of his Pelican Brief hysteria.

Jackie also quit around Howard's divorce which really changed the show as well. There were some other weird things behind the scenes at Stern as well. Like he apparently had lawyers lobby the FCC to make his show immune from those 'equal time' political laws where you must interview Democrats and Republicans equally. And Howard's first few years at Sirius were disasters and directionless (and he has arguably never recovered).
I think it was a string of Bob Levy plugs that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The equal time thing actually wasn't that odd. It was when Arnold ran for governor of California and Howard wanted to interview him. With the way the rules were at the time, he would have had to give equal time to the other 20 people running for governor too.

I liked the first few years of Sirius. Sure it was all a bit of a clusterfuck, but you had stuff like the wrap up show, Riley Martin show, page 69, Tim Sabean shitting everywhere. Lots of classic stuff. I think the show died the final death when Artie left. Benji took a much bigger role behind the scenes and the whole Marci thing went into full swing

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

bonnie obsessed ❤️
I think it was a string of Bob Levy plugs that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The equal time thing actually wasn't that odd. It was when Arnold ran for governor of California and Howard wanted to interview him. With the way the rules were at the time, he would have had to give equal time to the other 20 people running for governor too.

I liked the first few years of Sirius. Sure it was all a bit of a clusterfuck, but you had stuff like the wrap up show, Riley Martin show, page 69, Tim Sabean shitting everywhere. Lots of classic stuff. I think the show died the final death when Artie left. Benji took a much bigger role behind the scenes and the whole Marci thing went into full swing
At least Bob was a comic working for plugs. Who cares about King Norris or Stuttering John appearances. Whatever the fuck that entails.