David Simon has a new show coming out

inner harbor is revolting
I was there only once, in 2001. The whole harbor thing was OK during the day but there was no fucking way I was walking around that city at night. We were staying at what was probably Baltimore's nicest hotel at the time, and right by the front door there were packs of gang nogs, all wearing red, just sitting there hanging out, eyeballing the guests. And this was the tourist area, obviously, imagine what the rest of that city is like.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
I was there only once, in 2001. The whole harbor thing was OK during the day but there was no fucking way I was walking around that city at night. We were staying at what was probably Baltimore's nicest hotel at the time, and right by the front door there were packs of gang nogs, all wearing red, just sitting there hanging out, eyeballing the guests. And this was the tourist area, obviously, imagine what the rest of that city is like.
it's a shithole. Another city ruined by the ultimate biological weapon from the Confederacy. Sorry, yankees

As much as I like The Sopranos (another show about niggers), The Wire is better in every way except for comedy. That's despite the leftist class warfare themes that permeate the show. Looking forward to this one.
I've always been a man on "The Right" and agree on much of what you stated. That being said, I heard this interview with him, and he made a valid point. The de-industrialization of America (brought to you by Reagan and company--finished off by Bill Clinton) has created what amounts to sacrifice zones. Baltimore being one of best examples.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Have you seen The Deuce? That was pretty great.
The Deuce is outstanding. The ending was fucking brutal, I felt like I had just watched all of my friends die.
Also, the tie-in to The Wire was pfg; the hired muscle who worked at the massage parlor mentions going to Baltimore to work with his cousin, Avon.

Last edited:

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
The Deuce is outstanding. The ending was fucking brutal, I felt like I had just watched all of my friends die.
Also, the tie-in to The Wire was pfg; the hired muscle who worked at the massage parlor mentions going to Baltimore to work with his cousin, Avon.
I thought the deuce was going to be horrid, but it was pretty watchable

G

Lori's ending genuinely upset me and I'm someone who can watch cartel videos and not feel a flicker of emotion.

Monk

Have you seen The Deuce? That was pretty great.
I watched the first season and really liked it. I'll definitely watch the rest at some point. I always put off watching new shows, even if I know I'll like them, until I'm in the mood to see something new. Treme is the latest example. It's every bit as good as The Wire. I knew I'd love it because I've been fascinated by New Orleans since I went there years ago but it managed to be even better than I expected. Simon's ability to sketch a city and capture its essence is his greatest gift. It's why I wish he'd do one more city-centric series. I think he could do Detroit really well.

Last edited: