Dave Attell is one of the greatest comedians of all time

No political grandstanding, no exhausting overexposure through podcasts, no constant shilling of dick pills or shipping apps or any of the other garbage comedians panhandle for, no desperation to churn out "viral" content, no confessional comedy or one man shows with 5 total punchlines in their hour long run time, no grasping for attention by stirring up drama...

I've seen Dave more times than I'd care to admit and it's never been anything less than 10 out of 10 show. In the wake of so many of the O&A comics turning into cash hungry attention whores, Dave is one of the only comics left that just focuses on being funny. His "Bumping Mics" shit with Jeff Ross was weak but still leagues above the unwatchable trash almost every other comic is releasing every year.

Just an appreciation post for one of the only comics that's still worth seeing.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
I remember when Artie was on Stern he or Gary told a story of going to Afghanistan or Iraq to do some USO shit. I think he was with Attell, Nick DiPaolo, Bababooey, and one or two other guys. Whoever told this part of the story said there was some kind of disturbance and they were worried and waiting for time to call home to their loved ones to say they are ok. Someone overheard Attell on the phone and he was calling in dates he will be available to do standup to places in NY when he gets back.

Imager

Keyboard Warrior
I remember when Artie was on Stern he or Gary told a story of going to Afghanistan or Iraq to do some USO shit. I think he was with Attell, Nick DiPaolo, Bababooey, and one or two other guys. Whoever told this part of the story said there was some kind of disturbance and they were worried and waiting for time to call home to their loved ones to say they are ok. Someone overheard Attell on the phone and he was calling in dates he will be available to do standup to places in NY when he gets back.
Jeff Ross did a documentary of a tour he did with some others called Patriot Act.

Funniest part of the doc: They're driving by a stadium and one of them says, "Is that the soccer stadium where they beheaded people?" and Ross replies, "No. That's the beheading stadium where they play soccer."

2007 Iraq war yumah

Fortified Wine

Sweet liquor eases the pain
MV5BYzViNDA1NGEtZDY2Yi00ZmMwLThjZDMtNTM3OGYwZTg3YTZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_.jpg

Fortified Wine

I’ll give Dave a pass since he’s old and probably has health issues. Plus he’s arguably the best living comedian and has been pretty much as apolitical as you can be.

I don't hate the guy for it, but he did perform at vaxxxed only shows. I don't really consider this type of shit "political," it's good vs evil and whether he knows it or not, was doing evil bidding.

FingerofGod

I don't hate the guy for it, but he did perform at vaxxxed only shows. I don't really consider this type of shit "political," it's good vs evil and whether he knows it or not, was doing evil bidding.
Standup is clearly the only thing Attell wants to do, he’s completely obsessed with it. He doesn’t have a podcast or any other way to make a living. What was he supposed to do, not make money for 2 years? I genuinely think he’s the type of guy that would kill himself if he couldn’t perform. I don’t think you can blame him for that.

If every comic decided not to perform at vax only shows out of protest it’s not like there would be some kind of revolution against the government, maaahhhhhn. There would just be a bunch of comics begging for money on the street while youtubers and instagram influencers perform at the venues instead.

Fortified Wine

Standup is clearly the only thing Attell wants to do, he’s completely obsessed with it. He doesn’t have a podcast or any other way to make a living. What was he supposed to do, not make money for 2 years? I genuinely think he’s the type of guy that would kill himself if he couldn’t perform. I don’t think you can blame him for that.

If every comic decided not to perform at vax only shows out of protest it’s not like there would be some kind of revolution against the government, maaahhhhhn. There would just be a bunch of comics begging for money on the street while youtubers and instagram influencers perform at the venues instead.

There were plenty of venues that didn't do that shit. I don't hold it against most of them, they're just dippy normie morons, but yeah, everyone should have protested those venues as they should have protested every part of it every step of the way. Go do a show at a park and collect donations. Everyone shouldn't get a total pass for being total lazy retards.

FingerofGod

There were plenty of venues that didn't do that shit. I don't hold it against most of them, they're just dippy normie morons, but yeah, everyone should have protested those venues as they should have protested every part of it every step of the way. Go do a show at a park and collect donations. Everyone shouldn't get a total pass for being total lazy retards.
He would have had to burn a ton of bridges in the industry and possibly even have to resort to performing with the comedians of the compound. And with what result? The government was still going to essentially force everyone to get the vax anyway.

And honestly covid is over. Not to sound like a LIBTARD and I agree that the vax situation was despicable and out government can’t be trusted at all but we have to move on eventually. I don’t want to harp on covid forever, I’d rather try to forget that time ever happened because if you think about it too much you’d go full Ruby Ridge.

Fortified Wine

He would have had to burn a ton of bridges in the industry and possibly even have to resort to performing with the comedians of the compound. And with what result? The government was still going to essentially force everyone to get the vax anyway.

I'm not saying doing the right thing is always easy. And I bet less than 50% of the population got the tard stab. If it was very much over that, they could have kept the bullshit going.

And honestly covid is over. Not to sound like a LIBTARD and I agree that the vax situation was despicable and out government can’t be trusted at all but we have to move on eventually. I don’t want to harp on covid forever, I’d rather try to forget that time ever happened because if you think about it too much you’d go full Ruby Ridge.

I moved on when it was going on, I was the only guy at the store not wearing a muzzle and I had a great time. I forgive everyone even though I've only had a small number of people apologies for their shittiness. It'd be way easier for people to move on if all these faggots apologized or something, but as usual, I don't give a shit what anyone thinks or does and have been doing my own thing the whole time, but it's not as easy for everybody as it is for me, and that kinda sucks.

FingerofGod

I'm not saying doing the right thing is always easy. And I bet less than 50% of the population got the tard stab. If it was very much over that, they could have kept the bullshit going.

I moved on when it was going on, I was the only guy at the store not wearing a muzzle and I had a great time. I forgive everyone even though I've only had a small number of people apologies for their shittiness. It'd be way easier for people to move on if all these faggots apologized or something, but as usual, I don't give a shit what anyone thinks or does and have been doing my own thing the whole time, but it's not as easy for everybody as it is for me, and that kinda sucks.
Yeah people lost their minds for a while there, scary shit. But I will say again for Attell, he pretty much had no other option living in NYC. I’d guess that the majority of the clubs he works at had some kind of vax requirement.

Fortified Wine

Yeah people lost their minds for a while there, scary shit. But I will say again for Attell, he pretty much had no other option living in NYC. I’d guess that the majority of the clubs he works at had some kind of vax requirement.

People were a bunch of government piloted agent Smith drones. With as far as they went it's like "how much more would you have done? Would you have burned down my families house?"

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Insomniac was a fun show.
The Insomniac Tour stand up show was one of the best Greg Giraldo sets. The whole special was pretty good at the time but that was when Dane Cook was new and at peak Myspace popularity. That set in particular didnt age well at all. Attell and Sean Rouse werent bad. Havent watched that in a quite a few years.