Danny - How upset was Norton when Ozzy left his books?

FingerofGod

I’ll give you the same answer he gives to every other question: “Waaaaaaah everyone was mean to me at work except for Anthony who I’m definitely not still in love with. And if you imply that I am I might have to throw some tough barbs like ‘totally shut the whole fuck up’. It’s definitely NOT my fault everyone from da show hates me now.”

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
I’ll give you the same answer he gives to every other question: “Waaaaaaah everyone was mean to me at work except for Anthony who I’m definitely not still in love with. And if you imply that I am I might have to throw some tough barbs like ‘totally shut the whole fuck up’. It’s definitely NOT my fault everyone from da show hates me now.”
I’ve always been nice to Danny so nice try with the hate.

Joe's False Teethers

Moo moo moo moo
Imagine buying several books as a gift for a man whose brain is so thoroughly rotted by drugs and alcohol that he can barely speak coherent sentences or keep his eyes open. Then taking it personally when the wet-brained half wit with the memory of a goldfish immediately forgot about the terrible gift.

Jim Norton truly was a fucking moron.
Reminder: at any point, Opie could have said something but instead chose to wait until Ozzy left the studio, then zoomed in on the books, and waited until the last minute to tell Jim Ozzy didn't give a shit about him

PFG bit

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Imagine buying several books as a gift for a man whose brain is so thoroughly rotted by drugs and alcohol that he can barely speak coherent sentences or keep his eyes open. Then taking it personally when the wet-brained half wit with the memory of a goldfish immediately forgot about the terrible gift.

Jim Norton truly was a fucking moron.
First of all he bought Beatles books for a man who had met the fucking Beatles. He has access to any of their memorabilia not in shitty store bought books. Then you have the fact it was 18 pounds of books to a man he doesn’t know who has to take a flight.

Norton would get suicidal over his TV not working. This must have sent him into a suicidal episode. But also, would it? This is a man who had fantasies of his idols beating the shit out of him which he made happen by Ozzy denying the books. And the fantasy of his idols comforting him happened when he saw Ozzy next and they sucked each other off. He’s a deranged little maniac, funster.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Wait, wait, wait? You thought that those gifts were for Ozzy? They were for Jim. It was just about making Norton the center of attention and getting some praise and appreciation on the surface level from one of his heroes. Not making any meaningful connection as the gifts themselves were not meaningful. This was literally Jim using the show to give him an opportunity to 'connect' to one of his idols in a superficial way to then gloat over the 'peons' who are not part of the 'comedy craft' by flaunting his show business connections. Just Norton being smug.

The thought into those books as a gift never went beyond "how can I make myself the center of attention?". Be careful what you wish for. Norton just wanted to grind the show to a halt and make himself the focus for the room and audience like an attention seeking faggot. But having to have a conversation with Ozzy about music wouldn't work as Norton knows nothing about music. And Ozzy is there for Opie and Anthony to ask him questions not the flunkie sidekick. He needed a way to connect himself to Ozzy that would be immune from being attacked. So a gift is a perfect way as almost no one refuses a gift simply out of courtesy. Ozzy would take the gifts to his house, throw them in the garbage, but Norton would forever be able to tell people. "Yeah.....I know Ozzy enough to get him gifts". Oops.

Norton probably didn't even think longer than a few minutes what books to get. He just grabbed random music related coffee table books and brought them into the studio like a dolt. If the book stores were closed then Norton would have gotten Ozzy a portable drink refrigerator or a board game. Because it wasn't about the gifts. It was about Norton trying to be 'cool' and failing in the most embarrassing way possible.

Remember that Norton never asked celebrities for photographs and autographs because he was a fan. It was because they were equals. Famous people in show business or whatever. The whole Jeter meltdown was him losing his mind that the 'jocks' thought he was still a piece of shit just like in high school.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Norton probably didn't even think longer than a few minutes what books to get. He just grabbed random music related coffee table books and brought them into the studio like a dolt. If the book stores were closed then Norton would have gotten Ozzy a portable drink refrigerator or a board game. Because it wasn't about the gifts. It was about Norton trying to be 'cool' and failing in the most embarrassing way possible.
Jim was aware of Ozzy's love for The Beatles, but as someone else in this thread had mentioned: Ozzy met the members of the band already. What good are a couple of coffee table books for someone in that light?