• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Comedians Need to Shut the fuck up about politics.

Forum Clout
Here's the thing. These so-called social justice warriors braying about "intolerance" and "inclusivity" aren't tolerant, inclusive or even "liberal" in the truest sense of the term. They'd never admit it and they'd be aghast at the suggestion, but in reality they're no different from their "enemies", in that they're mostly driven by a need for spite and revenge. You can't claim to be tolerant then refuse to tolerate various groups and individuals of your choosing, nor can you take one thing and use it to forever cast judgement down upon a person forevermore.

Dave Chappelle does a bit about trannies so now the network that produced the show and everyone who works for that network has to be destroyed? Louis CK does one "bad thing" (then apologies profusely for it) so he must never be permitted to show his face again? That's not tolerance at all. There's no forgiveness, no willingness to hear someone out, no chance at redemption in their eyes. And they hide this bitter anger behind a really annoying facade of smug self-righteousness (see: Trevor Noah, that Hans Gatsby cunt) without even a trace of irony to any of it. They're every bit as vile as the worst Trumpie asshole wearing animal pelts and braying about make-believe "steals".

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
Here's the thing. These so-called social justice warriors braying about "intolerance" and "inclusivity" aren't tolerant, inclusive or even "liberal" in the truest sense of the term. They'd never admit it and they'd be aghast at the suggestion, but in reality they're no different from their "enemies", in that they're mostly driven by a need for spite and revenge. You can't claim to be tolerant then refuse to tolerate various groups and individuals of your choosing, nor can you take one thing and use it to forever cast judgement down upon a person forevermore.

Dave Chappelle does a bit about trannies so now the network that produced the show and everyone who works for that network has to be destroyed? Louis CK does one "bad thing" (then apologies profusely for it) so he must never be permitted to show his face again? That's not tolerance at all. There's no forgiveness, no willingness to hear someone out, no chance at redemption in their eyes. And they hide this bitter anger behind a really annoying facade of smug self-righteousness (see: Trevor Noah, that Hans Gatsby cunt) without even a trace of irony to any of it. They're every bit as vile as the worst Trumpie asshole wearing animal pelts and braying about make-believe "steals".
I was driving by sdsu after work and saw they have Trevor Noah in the stadium.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
While I agree that modern comedy is pure dogshit, I’ve been going back to listen to some old comedy albums and guys like George Carlin (You’re All Diseased) and Hicks (Relentless) pretty much spent their entire acts ranting about social and political problems. Hicks infused his new age horseshit and anti-Christian stuff into a large part of the album, and Carlin simply was not funny to me listening back. He is nothing but an old, angry man just kvetching on stage with hardly any actual punchlines. It’s just “I hope that fucker dies!” type of boring shit. As a kid I was excited by that shit, but I think I actually hate George Carlin now.

Even a modern “edgy” comic like pre-fag Louis CK had a whole album about “you are all bad parents! Don’t let your kids watch TV! Give them water and not pop!” and other awful garbage like that. Comedy is mostly a soapbox.

It’s hard to go on there and tell jokes that aren’t fully centered around a political platform, because that’s a risk of failure for these people. Norm didn’t are if he bombed, he actually enjoyed it, so he was confident simply telling jokes he found funny. Many others fear the boos or silence so they resort to pandering.
I thought of comedians like Hicks and Carlin while typing this post. Comedy is about observation and a lot of observations are easily made in politics because people always insert themselves into politics. The thing I can at least say for these comedians (i can’t speak for Hicks on this one) is that even though their routines were centered around their politics, they at least attempted to make jokes. They weren’t interested in being these great thinkers or influencers in how society should think, or going for the audience to agree with them. Society just managed to agree with their viewpoints and hold them to that standard of being these comedic philosophers.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout

It’s just a by product of the internet positive feedback loop we have. People feel empowered in being victimized and the internet gives them the power, or the illusion, that they matter and deserve to be heard. This is true regardless of political affiliation. It’s ironic that Republicans cry about cancel culture yet practice it themselves. And Dumb liberals will make fun of them for this double standard yet won’t change their own ways and realize that cancelling people is retarded. They think that cancelling is only a good cancelling if the person who fucked up managed to fit into their complexes. Louie gets blacklisted for jerking off in front of women, the literal least that anyone in Hollywood has done. But Liberals will cry and say he deserves to get cancelled for this because in their unwavering superior morals, this is rape and you can’t come back from it. And vise versa with how the right will attack someone for supporting abortion or some shit, which they believe goes against their morality and etc.